• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
x9w3NfS.jpg

Ok, our holy emperor has really done it this time :D I wonder what repercutions this will have in the future ...

Poor Eirenaios... RIP
Don't show compassion to traitors, they deserve none.
Well that's a lot of heads to cut ... A few more, gentlemen and you'll be good servants of the Imperium ! :D
Gameplay-wise do you have maluses for killing so many people or did you arrange yourself not to have some ?
P.S : could you use italics or another thing instead of *...* for the scenic indications ? IMO it'd look better and more readable
Indeed. Well, I would get like +300 tyranny for this (more people died behind the scenes but I would surpass the 20 images/AAR post if I wanted to show them all). But...
Question: how much tyranny does alexios have after that head-chopping spree?
...I used the wonderful instrument which is excommunication, so I get 0 tyranny. :) After having them all excommunicated I used strategos Demetrios to imprison them and then deliver justice on 1st January 1431. Angeloi, as descedants of Saint Markos Isapostolos, were given a quick death but obviously Leontios Doukas and captain Julian weren't that lucky and they paid for their treason a terrible price.
Wait,do you consider our Blessed Augustus Alexios the Just,to be a tyrant?
Arrest him and behead him!
That's right, Romaioi - stay vigil for the enemies of the Imperium are everywhere!
The Emperor is reminding me of the Xenoi now...
How dare you besmirch the good name of the Basileus, Regent of God and descendant of Saint Markos!!!!
Guards, arrest this Xenoi spy for attempting to create internal turmoil and unrest within the Imperium.
1366036932622.png
it kinda reminds me of the great purge.
Yeah. I was reminded by Jean-Paul Marat, Robespierre and reign of Terror...
I guess I should treat this as a complement (?) but Great Purge took four years and saw thousands killed or imprisoned, not to mention the terror of Revolution. This was just a quick and decisive action against conspirators in the Great Palace, it was surely not a pointless slaughter of loyal officers in the army which would only further weaken the Imperium.
x9w3NfS.jpg
Ok, our holy emperor has really done it this time :D I wonder what repercutions this will have in the future ...
Game-wise? Absolutely none (besides the Kinslayer trait). Story-wise? Just wait and see the next chapters ;)

Meanwhile, in Tenochtitlan, it's always a bright and sunny day from the sacrifices, and everyone's happy because there's a nigh endless supply of savage easterners to go up to the altar instead of hardworking Aztec citizens, and all the riches plundered from Europe has created a state of utopia!

Meanwhile, in Tenochtitlan, it's always a bright and sunny day from the sacrifices, and everyone's happy because there's a nigh endless supply of savage easterners to go up to the altar instead of hardworking Aztec citizens, and all the riches plundered from Europe has created a state of utopia!
The great xenoi shall drink the blood of these weak romans! The time of their rule has come to an end!

Story-wise - one of the best, if not the best, chapter so far. Fragments like these make you regret there is no "Enable Dialogues" button in the game. The grimdark world of crumbling Europe and paranoid atmosphere of Imperial Court where backstabbing officials and aristoi weave their plots to the accompaniment of the Mad Emperor's howls just come alive when you read it.

But was there any need in disposing of so many seemingly competent people, gameplay-wise?

I can't believe I haven't subbed to this yet. Subbed.

Also, it looks like glorious children of the sky lord the Mongols keep on fracturing after fracture. Is it possible that Tengri's chosen they will become politically irrelevant soon, becoming nothing more than just feuding warlords?

it kinda reminds me of the great purge.

Glad I'm not the only one getting that kind of vibration from the last update. It looks like the Byzantine high leadership has started spiraling into a cycle of poisonous intrigue, paranoia, and treachery.

...Not that this is meant to reflect poorly on the Angeloi themselves. Clearly, the fact that evil influences have managed to worm their way so high up into the Imperial chain of command can only reflect well on the Basileos's acuity in uncovering their insidious plots before they could cause any real damage. I'm sure his own august personage is, of course, totally inviolate and free from error.

That said, I'm not placing any money on this being the last of these little "palace coups" by a long shot.

That said, I'm not placing any money on this being the last of these little "palace coups" by a long shot.

Palace coups? In Roman Empire? They were practically everyday events. :D

Palace coups? In Roman Empire? They were practically everyday events. :D

Yeah, I would be more concerned that there have been council meetings in this AAR that don't have a coup.

Hi everyone; I just dropped in to say that the next chapter is coming and that I'll respond to your comments after it's done; in the meantime, sneak-peak screenshot:

71hETMv.jpg

The Angeloi protect!

So, you made your only king vassal hate you? :D

No problem, realy. He just send his headsman to "improve foreign relations".