• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

qwertyce

Private
6 Badges
Aug 15, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
Hi all ;)
I'm interested to buy for the glory (I'm an old EU2 fan), but I can't choose between steam and gamersgate
I daily use steam, so I would prefer it, but I have read in this forum a topic of 2010 about release of patch 1.02 on steam, steam players had to wait months for release of patch... so i'm scared about possibile long wait on steam for incoming 1.03...

moreover, a question, are current beta patches of 1.03 usable on steam version?

1.03 probably won't be developed anymore anyway, unless Michael is secretly working on some sort of an absolute cracker for us (I hope so).

Either way, I have Steam version and it's okay - just please note you gotta instal 1.03 manually. That is, download from tech support forum and unpack the .rar in your FtG folder on Steam. ;)

1.03 probably won't be developed anymore anyway, unless Michael is secretly working on some sort of an absolute cracker for us (I hope so).
I think Michael is just taking his time to finish it, but 1.03 will eventually see the light of day (right, Michael...?).

Anyway, on topic: I have the GamersGate version and it is ok :)

no, it is not. 1.2 is unplayable
What? 1.2 is all but unplayable...

And besides, even if one had the Steam version, that one would be 1.2 anyways - so there would be no difference with the GG one.

bought today on steam by summer sales (60%, just 4 €), what a wonderful game, thanks for answers, finally it's time to play (and hope for 1.03 :unsure:)

Don´t forget to register your game here on the forum so that you gain access to the techsupport subforum.

Don´t forget to register your game here on the forum so that you gain access to the techsupport subforum.
Look at his/her avatar.

He/she obviously already registered it, otherwise he/she wouldn't have been able to pick a FtG one.

You can click on "My Games" above the forum if you want to "unhide" the little icon for FtG that should appear below your avatar.

Qwertyce, I also got the game on the sale. Reliving EU2, yeah. :)

If you plan on playing the AGCEEP Mod, notice that there is a newer version available here.
I read somewhere on the forum this is advisable...

Welcome! Glad to see that people still buying great eu2!)

Qwertyce, I also got the game on the sale. Reliving EU2, yeah. :)

If you plan on playing the AGCEEP Mod, notice that there is a newer version available here.
I read somewhere on the forum this is advisable...

thanks for welcome, and yeah, long live the king, EU2!

I'm already using that version of AGCEEP ;)

I also purchased FTG in the Steam summer sale. I'm looking forward to reliving my EU2 days.

Trying to play this in mp without the latest 1.3 beta is a waste of time. Most of the time 1.2 doesnt even load.... not to even mention 1.3 is 3 times better

also strongly advised to play with the watka map

Last edited: