• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a chance that we can join the fellowship of the ring? :p

Well, that's a little complicated, so many changes to be done, and more we'll add possibilities in this action chain, more we'll need to add alternative events ^^
But well, that can be a good idea, don't hesitate to post here some suggestions about it, we'll read them, and try to see if we can add them!

Can The trait Heir of Isildur be separated in the fall of arnor bookmark. there should be the heir of Isildur should be restricted the descendants of Amlaith in Arthedain and a new
trait just like the anarion one in gondor. another change you should look into is that the sister kingdoms like each other to much. another is castamir should be Prince of Lebennin to make him more of a treat. another is a new portraits for the eastern nomads using Crackdtoothgrin's Graphical Goodies. some suggestions'. Angmar doom stakes should be
extreamly weaken.

During the war of the Ring only Aragorn and Gondor fight (and it is, now, practically impossible to win) but Gandalf should come with an army of Elves, right? Why it is not happening?

I add this if Aragorn wins the war and is the King he should have the chance to not maintain the promise with the Deaths' Army and so he could vassalize them as mercenaries, he should lose prestige and probably they should rebel in particular circumstances (any Heir of Aragorn could have the annoying request "Please free us!").

What do you think?

Army of Elves? No, Gandalf came with a sizable host from Rohan

There was not an army of elves too? That is the father in law of Aragorn doesn't send anyone to help? My only source is the movies that could be inaccurate...

The point stands Gandalf never comes! He dies in the dwarf caves and end of his event chain.

The books are quite different from the films.

I can't remember there being any large forces of elves in the Lord of the Rings. In the book there are 2,000 men defending the Hornburg under the command of Theoden AND Eomer. Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are also there of course.

Gandalf arrives with another thousand Rohirrim (who dismount to fight on foot) and a living forest called Huorns (not to be confused with Ents) from Fangorn. The Rohirrim drive the Uruk Hai into a rout through the Huorns and they are never seen again (the trees ate them.) Huorns also do most of the slaughter at Isengard if I'm not mistaken. They're entirely absent from the films despite being quite awesome. Ents are giants who resemble trees, but Huorns are trees that walk and talk. Most likely Old Man Willow who nearly kills the hobbits on their way to Bree was a Huorn, but he's not in the films either. In ancient times Fangorn stretched all the way to the Old Forest near the Shire. Which supports the hobbits idea that the ent wives may yet be found in Eriador.

Last edited:
The books are quite different from the films.

I can't remember there being any large forces of elves in the Lord of the Rings. In the book there are 2,000 men defending the Hornburg under the command of Theoden AND Eomer. Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are also there of course.

Gandalf arrives with another thousand Rohirrim (who dismount to fight on foot) and a living forest called Huorns (not to be confused with Ents) from Fangorn. The Rohirrim drive the Uruk Hai into a rout through the Huorns and they are never seen again (the trees ate them.) Huorns also do most of the slaughter at Isengard if I'm not mistaken. They're entirely absent from the films despite being quite awesome. Ents are giants who resemble trees, but Huorns are trees that walk and talk. Most likely Old Man Willow who nearly kills the hobbits on their way to Bree was a Huorn, but he's not in the films either. In ancient times Fangorn stretched all the way to the Old Forest near the Shire. Which supports the hobbits idea that the ent wives may yet be found in Eriador.

There's one deleted scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsXzEDp7kz8

Also, one weird question: When there is a bug report thread and a suggestions thread what is the original MEP thread for now? Only releases and dev diaries?

Last edited:
I'd like to see more of the Black Numenoreans with more of Bellakar and other lands further south. If not possible, then at least more cultural buildings and the rulers actually having the blood of Numenor trait.

Thanks for all these suggestions!

Can The trait Heir of Isildur be separated in the fall of arnor bookmark. there should be the heir of Isildur should be restricted the descendants of Amlaith in Arthedain and a new trait just like the anarion one in gondor. another change you should look into is that the sister kingdoms like each other to much. another is castamir should be Prince of Lebennin to make him more of a treat. another is a new portraits for the eastern nomads using Crackdtoothgrin's Graphical Goodies. some suggestions'. Angmar doom stakes should be extreamly weaken.

I'll look to this trait for the rulers of Cardolan/Rudhaur, but i think they can still have this trait. After all, if the line of Arthedain disappears before them, they're the true heirs of this line, the blood of Isildur is not dead.
Castamir can have a better title maybe than only pelargir, you're true. I'll look at what we can do for him!
For the easterling portraits, i removed the ones we made, but i'm working on them currently, i hope you'll like the new ones!
And finally, Angmar won't have again the doom stakes, it's a bug, he should have only one "event army" maximum, normally.

During the war of the Ring only Aragorn and Gondor fight (and it is, now, practically impossible to win) but Gandalf should come with an army of Elves, right? Why it is not happening?

I add this if Aragorn wins the war and is the King he should have the chance to not maintain the promise with the Deaths' Army and so he could vassalize them as mercenaries, he should lose prestige and probably they should rebel in particular circumstances (any Heir of Aragorn could have the annoying request "Please free us!").

What do you think?

Well, i don't know where you see Gandalf with an elven army, but it's not in the books, and the books are our most important source ;) So no, he won't come with an elven army !I know that sometimes, the events of the war of the rings just stop, certainly because some conditions are not present ingame. For gandalf, when we made the events, they were some issues when we tried to trigger him, so he was replaced. I'll try to fix it ;)

Your last idea is good, i was thinking about something similar some times ago, i'll look further at it when i'll have more times, thanks for the suggestions by the way !

I'd like to see more of the Black Numenoreans with more of Bellakar and other lands further south. If not possible, then at least more cultural buildings and the rulers actually having the blood of Numenor trait.

I don't think we'll expand the map in the south, as we don't know about these lands in the books. But yeah, we'll add some more things for them, buildings for exemple are in the to-do list, we'll try to add more cultureal ones. The Blood of Numenor, i don't know, because i suppose (as we don't have really a lot of informations about them) that the black numenoreans of the southern kingdoms don't have long lifes now, and were mostly mixed with local populations, as in Umbar for exemple!
But yeah, we planned to add more flavour to more cultures, we're justw working one by one ;)

Maybe you should ask the AGOT team if you can use their custom dynasty coat of arms? There's hundreds of them that has amazing quality that could be used to replace the kinda basic ones that's currently in place in this mod. If that's not possible I suggest you find some cool looking dynasty coat of arms to replace the current ones with. :)

Maybe you should ask the AGOT team if you can use their custom dynasty coat of arms? There's hundreds of them that has amazing quality that could be used to replace the kinda basic ones that's currently in place in this mod. If that's not possible I suggest you find some cool looking dynasty coat of arms to replace the current ones with. :)

Yes, we're working actually on adding more, and changing the vanilla emblems! Thanks by the way :)

events with elves and human relations: you're son is hunting in the woods when he stumbles on an elf in need of assistance or something and decides to intervene: the result involves you hosting a bequest of some kind for the elves or vice versa. Dwarf and human relations would be cool as well as a reemerging kingdom event for people who create new kingdoms or whatnot in the game. Just more events in general.

events with elves and human relations: you're son is hunting in the woods when he stumbles on an elf in need of assistance or something and decides to intervene: the result involves you hosting a bequest of some kind for the elves or vice versa. Dwarf and human relations would be cool as well as a reemerging kingdom event for people who create new kingdoms or whatnot in the game. Just more events in general.

Well, we're working on adding more and more events, but we're already three active modders actually, so it takes some times for us ;)
There's some interesting things to be done for elves, humans and dwarves again, we'll try to improve them as soon as possible :)

I've been looking at my playthroughs of either Arnor or Gondor and find that there is usually one conclusion. When you turn into a big blob, just like in normal CK2; very few forces can oppose you. Unlike say GoT where there is at least a chance of internal chaos that leads to a large Kingdom wide war, there is very little grounds for that for Arnor or Gondor besides the kin-strife scenarios due to the rulers having less than pure numenorean blood.

So to just add more flavour in this sense, my suggestion is to enable either the Northern Kingdom or the Southern Kingdom to declare war on the other to claim the corresponding thrones.

The parameters to satisfy would be 1st: One of the lines of Kings (either Isildur or Anarion) has died out, in which it will be possible by decision event to try and claim the throne of either Arnor or Gondor, depending on whether the claimant has a right and the sufficient prestige or military power to do so.

While I'm not good with coding, the specifics would probably include decisions as to push the claim, then to accept the decision of the AI or to refuse it (whereby the player can wage war if they wish) thus allowing a chance for greater conflict.

I remember seeing an event written titled heir_of_isildur which is probably what is used for Aragorn to reclaim the throne of Gondor during the war of the ring; perhaps this can be modified to allow for an heir of anarion to push a northern claim at an earlier time period of the heirs of isildur are all slain.

Edit: Some additional stuff.

The retinues for Arnorian culture. It always struck me as strange that Arnorian retinues were smaller than even the Dunedain retinues. (Hell, even Bree-landers got bigger and more varied retinues than Arnorians) Would you not consider increasing their size to at least follow the Dunedain retinues?

Furthermore, it seems there are many soldier traits for Gondorians but actually none for Arnorian culture. And there's only the grey company for the Dunedain but yes, Arnorians who would probably have a culture of Knights like the Gondorians do lack that.

Finally! Another suggested bookmark! The founding of Rohan.

Last edited:
1) I should point out that I'm playing in the latest .5 beta, since the game as a whole crashes when I try to get back to .4.

I just played a short session as the King of the Rhudaur Hillmen. I pillaged Rivendell and captured Arwen, and made her my concubine. It was rather unexpectedly easy to do so. Would it be possible to give the elven lands a massive attrition malus to enemies to prevent this?

In the same vein, I married Eowyn. This might be one of those instances where 'must not marry an infidel' might work.

I fought a battle against the trolls of Cold moors who were quite tough, which was good. I haven't played it yet, but do Gondorians get 'free' casus belli against orcs and such (Creatures of Melkor)? It would seem like a reasonable thing

NB, Arwen still has the Vow of Cerin Amroth trait, despite the fact that Aragorn married after destroying Mordor. (He no longer has the trait) Also Saruman still exists.

Very nice mod so far. Thanks!

Have you guys already thought something about Elves who own one of the Three Rings while Sauron holds the One and voluntarily serve him?

Just like Maeglin in the Silmarillion swears fealty to Morgoth in exchange of the realm of Gondolin and Idril Celebrimbral (Elrond's grandmother xD), an Elf from the Third Age could swear/be forced into allegiance to Sauron and in exchange be given one of the Three and a realm on top.

Improbable, I know, but it seems to me just the kind of thing Sauron would want to pull off (since we already know he'd fancy some elven minions...).