• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Avindian screwed us. He gave the new society power so he could be the foreign minister. Traitor. Death to the Hohenzollern.

In all seriousness Avindian made a deal with the new society so that they stayed in power and he was named foreign minister while I was supposed to be minister of war. With the UAI making a coalition with them to they did not have to uphold the last part since they now had over 50% without us. So I was demoted to 'maybe' stay as Chief of Army.))

((If I was going to screw the party over, I would have wanted a lot more than the Foreign Ministry. ;)))

I vote yea on Herr von Hohenzollern's ammendment. I also appreciate his support regarding my remaining Chief of the Naval General Staff.

((I figured that we had a coalition government, but I just wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing things up!))

What a load of hogwash. You tie the hands of state and the law. What does an economist know of law and order?!
I will remind you that I am an economist and polotician by trade but a philosopher by degree. As such I see it immoral to not, in the age of the telegraph seek the approval of the people to make the official order to open fire on their comrades. In the past we had to really on the judgement of the commander on the field often multiple days distant from the captial. No longer is this the case instead we can withen a matter of hours in the most remote of locations send and recive communications from the field. It would be foolish not to take advantage of this invention for the betterment of the Republic.

I, too, would ask that Herr Unger continue as Chief of Staff for the Army and, if I may be so bold, that Herr von Hohenstaufen continue as Chief of Staff for the Navy. I think both have done an excellent job and will continue to do so in the future.

While I do not wholly agree with Dr. Fellman's proposal, I do think that our Constitution lacks a provision for martial law. I propose a separate amendment, in which the Minister of the Interior is allowed to enact a state of Martial Law within Germany, with the agreement of a majority of the Conclave, provided that a specific date is set for its expiration.

I formally put this amendment up to a vote.

Michael von Hohenzollern
((Really? I could have sworn that we voted to instute it in the southern regions after the death of Bern.))

((Really? I could have sworn that we voted to instute it in the southern regions after the death of Bern.))

((We did, I just want to formalize as an express power of the Interior Minister instead of an implied one.))

EDIT: ((For those curious -- I split the Conservative part of the Upper house in half and gave half the votes to each party.))

Last edited:
((We did, I just want to formalize as an express power of the Interior Minister instead of an implied one.))
((Well in that case))
I vote yes to formalize the powers of martial law.

Dr. Fellman, are you intending to formally put your measure up for a vote as well, or do you simply seek discussion?

Michael von Hohenzollern

((As a reminder -- Constitutional Amendments -- and both mine and Brothersid's would qualify -- need a majority of both houses, so everyone needs to vote. Any and all other amendments may be proposed as well.))

The DDA will be happy to rejoin a rejuvenated coalition under Herr Bismarck's leadership.

Let us pray that this horrible war may end soon.

I vote Nay on both bills. I fear they will be used as legalized means of oppressing our minorities. Furthermore, I worry that martial law will be used as an excuse by some power hungry general to crush the Republic.

-Carlo Brunelli, Minister of Education [DDA]

Dr. Fellman, are you intending to formally put your measure up for a vote as well, or do you simply seek discussion?

Michael von Hohenzollern

((As a reminder -- Constitutional Amendments -- and both mine and Brothersid's would qualify -- need a majority of both houses, so everyone needs to vote. Any and all other amendments may be proposed as well.))
Yes, I do wish a full vote on the measure be taken. Let those who wish needless death on the German people make themselves known.

((Can we get a screenshot of our current political and social reforms?))

I vote yes to the Hohenzollern amendment.

FM

1. I vote YES to both amendments.

2. As the newly re-appointed Minister of War, I confirm that Herr Unger and Herr Hohenstaufen remain in their positions of Chief of the Army Staff and Chief of the Navy Staff, respectively. I'm not sure this is necessary, as their original appointments were in effect until the conclusion of hostilities with the French, but I am happy to remove all doubt.

Hals Gutfreund, Minister of War

Aye to Hohenzollern's but Nay to Fellman's proposal.

This man, a philosopher and an economist, knows nothing of the law. He wishes to legitimize terrorist organizations. Non violent or not, any thought of leaving the Republic is treason it's and turns the average citizen into terrorists and subverters of the state.

We cannot legitimize these fringe elements. They are criminals, not thought experiments. We need to treat them as such, and urge all defenders of the republic to do likewise.

Yea on Dr. Fellman's proposal.

Dear gentlemen,

I have assumed the position of my father as new Stadtholder von Brussels.

Although I would like to mourn my father, this is not the moment. The Republic needs of all our strengths to survive against this damn tyranny called France.

I would like to start my action as Stadtholder voting Yes to both proposals and suggesting the Foreign Minister that, in honor to my father´s memory, we increase our demands to France in this war demanding another territory for Castille, as Valencia or Catalonia, their legitimate owners anywhere. We must honor the blood of those like my father who have died in this war.

As soon as the matters of the state are finished, I will leave Nuremberg to enlist in my new unit in the Wehrmacht and fight against this evil monster that France is. Damn gabachos!!!

Rodrigo de la Rosa von Stauffenberg
Stadtholder von Brussels
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

((Rodrigo de la Rosa von Stauffenberg
Stadtholder von Brussels
Member of the UAI party
30 years old))

((...Wehrmacht? Why use a 1935-1945 term, why not Reichswehr?))

((Deutsches Heer would probably be the correct term.))

"Belgium" is, as I understand, is a region at the western edge of the Empire. It is a strange confederation of Flemish, Wallonian provinces. However, this is just my understanding of the geographical term. The actual definition is somewhat confusing.

-Another random member of the Assembly