• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rorlegion

First Lieutenant
61 Badges
Sep 5, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
I've been playing Vic2 for years, and I've always enjoyed listening to period music (or at least classical & romantic music) during. I think listening to period music in the background of Vic2, instead of its default soundtrack, adds a lot to the experience. If you played Vic1, you'll remember it had a number of period pieces for the soundtrack. This playlist is by no means a full representation of period music, and I'm sure I'm missing some tracks that would fit very well. Regardless, I have ~66 hours of music, with very few repeats - but the repeats are very popular excerpts, such as Verdi's Dies Irae, and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. I'm still modifying the playlist a bit because some tracks are on my hard drive, such as the original Victoria I soundtrack, and I cannot share those tracks via Spotify.

Here's a link to my Spotify playlist:
(note: you must have Spotify installed for access)
http link; or
Spotify application link

Instructions:
1. In Victoria II, go to your sound options and turn music down to 0.
2. Get Spotify if you don't already have it.
3. Open one of the links posted above.
4. For best results, "shuffle" the playlist.

Edit: I also have a playlist of traditional Japanese music if you prefer to play as Japan ;)
http://open.spotify.com/user/1218560747/playlist/3K6ZdytM8jkL5Mhxrc21cG

Last edited:
Reactions:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGhNNGO-mc8JvdnRlLgmCSUEfzXFmjBPS
I created my own playlist on youtube. It's over 15 hours long.

Cool, I'll try it out on my next playthrough.

Cool. I added it to Spotify for the next time I play V2. Thanks!

Thanks for subscribing :D

Neat :)

Try putting one gangsta rap song in between just for the lulz.

Haha I have some "metal themed" classical songs I was just about to throw in. I think some Dr. Dre might fit in there as well xD

Remarkable, a very good playlist. How much CPU does Spotify take up?

Edit: Although did the conductor for Adagio for Strings have a hot date or something? Because it seems to be at about double the normal tempo.

Last edited:
Just want to say thanks for the playlist. Really fits the game better then my normal playlists.

Thanks for subscribing :D

Posting so I can find this thread next time I jump back into Vicky 2. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Remarkable, a very good playlist. How much CPU does Spotify take up?

Edit: Although did the conductor for Adagio for Strings have a hot date or something? Because it seems to be at about double the normal tempo.

Unfortunately, Spotify is rather clunky and takes up some CPU and a bit of memory. I haven't tried the web player to see if it uses less resources. However, I haven't noticed where its resource usage has slowed down or affected my Vic2 games, but this is probably machine-specific. And I know what you mean about the Adagio - I'm used to a slower version as well. I recently removed a number of tracks on the list that were on my hard drive and replaced them with online/spotify versions, and I've noticed several differences like this.

Does it have music from the early 1900s or inter-war? I feel like my favorite period is always ignored when people make stuff for this game =( I'm def checking this out though ;)

I've been playing Vic2 for years, and I've always enjoyed listening to period music (or at least classical & romantic music) during. I think listening to period music in the background of Vic2, instead of its default soundtrack, adds a lot to the experience. If you played Vic1, you'll remember it had a number of period pieces for the soundtrack. This playlist is by no means a full representation of period music, and I'm sure I'm missing some tracks that would fit very well. Regardless, I have ~66 hours of music, with very few repeats - but the repeats are very popular excerpts, such as Verdi's Dies Irae, and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. I'm still modifying the playlist a bit because some tracks are on my hard drive, such as the original Victoria I soundtrack, and I cannot share those tracks via Spotify.

Here's a link to my Spotify playlist:
(note: you must have Spotify installed for access)
http link; or
Spotify application link

Instructions:
1. In Victoria II, go to your sound options and turn music down to 0.
2. Get Spotify if you don't already have it.
3. Open one of the links posted above.
4. For best results, "shuffle" the playlist.

Edit: I also have a playlist of traditional Japanese music if you prefer to play as Japan ;)
http://open.spotify.com/user/1218560747/playlist/3K6ZdytM8jkL5Mhxrc21cG

Going in for the necro here, the link seems to be dead. Could you repost it?
edit: the web link works

I made several youtube playlists for Victoria 2, totaling well over 15 hours of goodness, all of which are in my signature

Any specific game you had in mind for each one?