• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first post on the forums and first 1.6.1 WoN Game. Tuscany > Italy, Ironman.

pft2Rnj.png

aMeBYFh.png

Still very unfinished. I'm hoping to take the entirety of the Alexandria and Gulf of Aden nodes so I can transfer power to Venice and collect trade from India.

France and I have been very good friends for the past 120 years, thanks to our natural hatred of Austria. We have fought roughly 7-8 wars against an Austria-Castille-England Alliance and have emerged victorious every time. France has also been very kind to me and given be roughly 5-6 provinces that I sieged during wars against Austria in which Italian Minors have been included. Whilst it made me happy, it screwed me over at times and threw my AE to about 80-100 with most of my neighbours.

Believe it or not, that France was reduced to a 5PM around 1450-60 after a number of Invasions by Burgundy. The turning point came during the 3rd Invasion when French, Tuscan and Savoyan armies were assaulted in Piedmont by roughly 50,000 Burgundian men. We were victorious and proceeded to stackwipe small disorganized armies before sieging provinces. 2-3 wars later, France emerged dominant after the Inheritance by Austria. I helped France some more in wars against Austria in which both me and France grew significantly. Hopefully this alliance can keep going whilst I conquer the Eastern regions - I wouldn't like to fight their armies right now.

Austria lost their emperor status in 1540 after losing a war against me and France. The Current Emperor is Bohemia and has considerable hold over all the electors. I'm thinking about pursuing the Emperor title myself, however I am unsure of how I might go about this. Austria also lost the majority of their Low Counties against France who proceeded to absorb all the minor nations released. Currently Austria is still a considerable threat to me thanks to their military size and generals (my army tradition sucks currently).

Castille was a threat to me between 1483-87 after they had the Iberian Wedding event. They lost it thanks to negative prestige and were unable to get a PU over Aragon or Naples because their dynasty changed to Lancaster. Aragon was knocked around by me, France and Castille in the 1540's due to wars for land and call-to-arms. The last Aragon lands in Italy were acquired by me in 1552 and I promptly formed Italy to get those sweet CB claims. Naples and Sicily was absorbed by 1570 and I had just finished the last war with Venice - acquiring Venezia 1 year before the claim expired.

The current state of Eastern Europe is thanks to Novgorod being super aggressive in 1450's. In 1456 they fully annexed the Livonian Order which started a Coalition from Muscovy all the way to Denmark. Nations took pieces until Finland formed and Muscovy formed a PU over them. In 1513 Lithuania declared a Succession War against Muscovy after the PU they formed with Finland and was beat into submission. Muscovy demanded that Lithuania give back cores to Ukraine, which is why there are currently Ukrainian lands in the middle of the Commonwealth. Speaking of the Commonwealth, Poland never got a PU over Lithuania in 1440's. They formed a PU in 1523 and shortly beat Denmark in the Succession War - forming the Commonwealth and becoming the 3rd most powerful nation in Europe. They currently are advancing into Denmark (weird, they started doing this after acquiring Mecklenburg almost 30 years before) and Crimea. With around 100,000 troops, they have the 2nd biggest army.

My current ideas are:
I. Naval
II. Innovative
III. Offensive
IV. Economic

I took Economic thanks to the ridiculous amount of inflation events whilst I was a Noble Republic. When I became a Monarchy I had about 30 Inflation. Not sure what I should take next, probably Trade or Defensive as I want to expand into Alexandria and Gulf of Aden.

Also, current world map for all those wondering. Russia has not chosen Expansion Ideas and are therefore superlate in Siberia. Not sure why Castille prioritised Canada and East America over Brazil in terms of colonisation. Also you can see Portugal has established a South African Trade Company and will soon reach India most likely.
ZuV2YId.png

I finally finished my Savoy->Sardinia-Piedmont->Italy(->HRE at the end) game! The Mediterranean is Mare Nostrum, and I have reconquered all the former Roman Empire territory except for a few provinces near the Black Sea.

I only formed the HRE at the end to see how much my trade and other income would shoot up. Since I PU-annexed Portugal, I have some colonial nations (one of which is fully occupied by a Castilean one but hasn't made peace for the past 10-20 years...) and random global holdings.

I have kicked out the other colonizers from Europe: Castile's capital is now Cape Town, France's is in Alaska, and Britain's is in Java. The Administrative Efficiency was a bit OP, since after taking ADM tech 29, I was able to demand all of the British isles except London and one Irish province for exactly 100 warscore. Since coring now only takes 8-9 months (at least with all my core cost reduction ideas), the fact that those provinces were over 100% OE didn't matter.

I wasn't able to convert those provinces in Arabia since I accepted rebel demands there, giving me -50% missionary strength.

Interestingly, all of my colonial nations had over 50 liberty desire for a while, but none of them rebelled.

Now it's time for me to start a brand new 1.6 game, and the Netherlands looks really promising!

eu4_691.jpg

eu4_692.jpg

eu4_693.jpg

eu4_694.jpg

eu4_695.jpg

eu4_696.jpg

eu4_697.jpg

eu4_698.jpg

eu4_699.jpg

eu4_700.jpg

eu4_701.jpg

eu4_702.jpg

eu4_703.jpg

eu4_704.jpg

eu4_705.jpg

eu4_706.jpg

eu4_707.jpg

eu4_708.jpg

eu4_712.jpg

eu4_713.jpg

eu4_714.jpg

eu4_715.jpg

eu4_716.jpg

eu4_717.jpg

eu4_718.jpg

eu4_map_HLR_1820_12_30_1.jpg

eu4_map_ITA_1818_12_30_1.jpg

One of my 1.5 Achievement Games ... Aachen to Germany to HRE ... Took some tries, but was sucessful in the end

wefCbfT.jpg

That purple is entirely why I want to do a playthrough as Aachen. Their starting position makes doing anything kind of annoying though. Burgundy to the west and Austrian allies to the east because everyone you border is electors.

That purple is entirely why I want to do a playthrough as Aachen. Their starting position makes doing anything kind of annoying though. Burgundy to the west and Austrian allies to the east because everyone you border is electors.

I did an aachen back in 1.3 or so... I allied austria too, then proceeded to look weak to Trier. He DoWed me pretty quickly, and that got the ball rolling real fast.

Germany \o/

Started with brandenburg formed prussia then germany. Also got in a PU with france then integrated.
If someone request it i can post the other maps. cya

How much DIP did France cost to integrate?!

2014-06-10_00001.jpg

Mein humble Germany.

How much DIP did France cost to integrate?!

For some reason my last post dissapeared i'll try again.
I don't know exactly how much. It was decaing 15 per month for a long time. Had to convert to Catholic to make it possible because otherwise france would turn against me and would start an independence war. Integration was over at 1703. Here's the pic:

Last edited:
15 a month...for 44 years...that is 7920 diplomatic points....that is insane (unless it dropped and it then went at the pace of your rulers amount of points which seems more likely as you would have been in the negatives for a long long time)

15 a month...for 44 years...that is 7920 diplomatic points....that is insane (unless it dropped and it then went at the pace of your rulers amount of points which seems more likely as you would have been in the negatives for a long long time)

Sure it wasn't decaying when it was negative. But still...it's a lot of dip and time because eventually you will be out of dip. Also it was always 15/per month my total dip per month was 11 which makes -4. I made some math and the result was 6388 dip to integrate.

44 years * 12 months = 528
528 months * 11 dips per month = 5808
plus another 580 for the 10% that was already done that makes 6388.

Last edited:
i finally finished my savoy->sardinia-piedmont->italy(->hre at the end) game! The mediterranean is mare nostrum, and i have reconquered all the former roman empire territory except for a few provinces near the black sea.

I only formed the hre at the end to see how much my trade and other income would shoot up. Since i pu-annexed portugal, i have some colonial nations (one of which is fully occupied by a castilean one but hasn't made peace for the past 10-20 years...) and random global holdings.

I have kicked out the other colonizers from europe: Castile's capital is now cape town, france's is in alaska, and britain's is in java. The administrative efficiency was a bit op, since after taking adm tech 29, i was able to demand all of the british isles except london and one irish province for exactly 100 warscore. Since coring now only takes 8-9 months (at least with all my core cost reduction ideas), the fact that those provinces were over 100% oe didn't matter.

I wasn't able to convert those provinces in arabia since i accepted rebel demands there, giving me -50% missionary strength.

Interestingly, all of my colonial nations had over 50 liberty desire for a while, but none of them rebelled.

Now it's time for me to start a brand new 1.6 game, and the netherlands looks really promising!

eu4_691.jpg

eu4_692.jpg

eu4_693.jpg

eu4_694.jpg

eu4_695.jpg

eu4_696.jpg

eu4_697.jpg

eu4_698.jpg

eu4_699.jpg

eu4_700.jpg

eu4_701.jpg

eu4_702.jpg

eu4_703.jpg

eu4_704.jpg

eu4_705.jpg

eu4_706.jpg

eu4_707.jpg

eu4_708.jpg

eu4_712.jpg

eu4_713.jpg

eu4_714.jpg

eu4_715.jpg

eu4_716.jpg

eu4_717.jpg

eu4_718.jpg

eu4_map_hlr_1820_12_30_1.jpg

eu4_map_ita_1818_12_30_1.jpg
Your map was just perfect but you just had to press that damn button and ruin it :p
Just joking but yeah i hate how everyone forms HRE at the end of their campaigns instead of keeping their nation's colour and name.Very good map.I'm playing a Savoy-Italy game myself atm and try to conquer as much as possible so i picked different ideas than you.More expansion focused ones.Didn't you have trouble in conquest without religious ideas?I got 3 missionaries because of religious ideas and conquest of rome(turned Protestant) but without them i think i would have trouble early game.I'll post my own italy game when i'm finished

In the year 1796, King Mortiz Lancaster, First of his name, King of Great Britain and Emperor of the reunified Holy Roman Empire, took oaths of fealty from the Rajah of Vijayanagar, and so doing, brought the world under the suzerainity of the English crown.

Long live the King!

TMP765h.jpg

Game was started in 1.5.1, then 1.6.1 was released in about the year 1600. Based on previous experiences with WC attempts, I think the achievement is a bit easier in 1.6.1 than it was before. Late game the 2 year coring times + administrative efficiency (mine was only at 50%) made taking large swathes of land in a very short amount of time easily doable. It's probably a little harder to get through the early and mid game to the point where you snowball and can just start annihilating everyone, but end game is MUCH easier. If Vijayanagar hadn't westernized off of my PU'd Portugal without my knowing it, I probably would have gotten the achievement 20 years earlier.

I had zero truce breaks, and never went over 100% OE for more than a couple of months at a time (typically to sell extra provinces to vassals). Previous experience with not quite there WC attempts had me doing repeated truce breaks and fiddling along at -2 stability for the last few decades, and still running out of time with a decade or two left ahead of me to finish it out.

Last edited:
In the year 1796, King Mortiz Lancaster, First of his name, King of Great Britain and Emperor of the reunified Holy Roman Empire, took oaths of fealty from the Rajah of Vijayanagar, and so doing, brought the world under the suzerainity of the English crown.

Long live the King!

TMP765h.jpg

Game was started in 1.5.1, then 1.6.1 was released in about the year 1600. Based on previous experiences with WC attempts, I think the achievement is a bit easier in 1.6.1 than it was before. Late game the 2 year coring times + administrative efficiency (mine was only at 50%) made taking large swathes of land in a very short amount of time easily doable. It's probably a little harder to get through the early and mid game to the point where you snowball and can just start annihilating everyone, but end game is MUCH easier. If Vijayanagar hadn't westernized off of my PU'd Portugal without my knowing it, I probably would have gotten the achievement 20 years earlier.

I had zero truce breaks, and never went over 100% OE for more than a couple of months at a time (typically to sell extra provinces to vassals). Previous experience with not quite there WC attempts had me doing repeated truce breaks and fiddling along at -2 stability for the last few decades, and still running out of time with a decade or two left ahead of me to finish it out.

Congratz on this WC.

I was thinking about the advantages/disavantages of 1.6. The administrative efficienty is a nice advantage for sure to vassalize bigger countries with the HRE "revoke the privilegia". In which timing did you get the "revoke the privilegia"? did you rush it in priority?
In the mid game i think it's a little harder to expand because of the diplocost to annex vassals.
Each time my nightmare is Russia, the attrition is op i think . In which timing did you destroyed them?

My original intention was to take a break and perhaps play ck2, the new map convinced me otherwise.

dltW8nm.jpg

Yeah, 48 text size for the date seems a bit too obnoxious, oh well ^^

Last edited:
Moar Germany because that's the thing to do.

Started with Brandenburg, took it slow in the begining. Waited until I unlocked the morale from both defensive and my NI. Then went on a quick land grab. Held a nice tight strip along the north coast from Gelre to Memel. Then settled in to let the ae cool off.

I allied Burgundy, just in case the king died, during a war with austria. And he did!... However I forgot that bohemia was the emperor, and he got it all. Bohemia was my primary ally, he had a Hohenzollern on the throne, and I wasnt sure what to do about that. And I know how much he loves to spread that poison culture, But I was in luck. Not soon after, Lithuania dowed me because Bohemia willed his throne to me. Lithuania was a chump and an easy win, especially being 2 miltechs behind and having no allies join the war.

So that left me in control of the majority of the HRE, as Bohemia did his usual blobbing. So I just sat tight, waited 50 years (mainly due to slow ae burn) passed a few reforms, then integrated. I saved up 900 dip points, and it still wasnt enough. 157 was the total months (and basetax) but I got it done, and only about 4 techs behind in diptech.

Then I continued just playing nice with the HRE to get that 4th reform passed. You know, the 15% tax boost. Once I had that I vassalized all the electors (some via war) waited until I had about 800 adm points saved up, then went hog wild.

Took 10 provinces, and vassalized 2 more all at once.

vZC6VPO.png

The world didnt seem to like that much.

QZN0ImE.png

But what they gonna do about it?

Spent the next 20 years just messin with muscovy to get some power projection, and took a little land in italy to link up with Rome. Other than that, trying to catch back up in tech.

egk7yzY.png

1635, and I hold all but 3 German provinces (well not counting Austria) Just dont know what I'm going to do with the east yet... Either need to integrate or release, cuz the buggers kill my warscore everytime.