• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You mean 285 AD?

Me personally:
- map extended to include all of Eurasia and Africa above the equator
- timeline extended from Alexander empire to 100 or 200 AD (even earlier like 600 BCE ir possible)
- trade routes
- strategic goods
- more units

An announcement about it. I mean, something more official than Oracles :)

Reactions:
Map To be extended. At least Egypt should be more playable with Nubia.
Persia also is also stub in this one
Right now if you own the borders of the map you are basically safe from attacks. By adding provinces that you can invade, but you cannot conquer fully you could have a permanent Barbarian threat in lets say Sahara.

Time frame extended to enjoy the later developments in Europe

I'd like to see a more VIC type pop movement. Pops could only move from neighboring province(so no sudden Greek Scotland) and therefore your country would have to deal with tribes crossing your borders peacefully and your policies affect assimilation. If you can't assimilate then the tribe might get troops and start plundering or declare war.
With this it could be easier to simulate German invasions.(i'm hoping there will eventually be a game on these)
Some cultures like roman might be prevented from moving outside a countries borders and some migrating cultures might move more freely.
Assimilation in countries like Rome could happen in important cities through trade-routes and from there to neighboring areas

Meaningful politics that can be micromanaged if you wish. During war, you'd obviously be best focusing on winning, but during the downtime it would be great to have something to do. Pushing for reforms, getting aristocrats on your side, spying on rivals; that sort of thing. The larger your country, the harder it should be to keep everything in check.

Realistic, achievable war goals. Something like in EU4, where you get bonuses to Warscore if you achieve your war goal, and if your goal is to take claimed provinces, then it's easier to gain them in a peace deal.

Realistic governments with greater scope for variation. Multiple rulers, dictatorships that are otherwise like republics, that sort of thing.

Larger, more detailed map. I wouldn't mind seeing "real" locations for armies, either - that is, you move an army to a specific position within a province, Total War-style. It would certainly allow for more manoeuvring.

Realistic warfare, where you don't have to besiege every single province to take it, and with the ability to withdraw an army to a fortified position. Also, multiple commanders like in CK2.

Having a reason not to expand, so you can remain a small, economic power and still be able to compete.

Realistic cultural assimilation.

Realistic religion system.

Reactions:
Read the title.

I would love the timeline to be extended to 285 AC personally :D

What do you want?

Personally,
I would love to see Rome II come out with the timeline extending from 400 BC all the way up through AD 500.

Then bring a tie-in with Crusader Kings II, either by extending Rome II to the 9th c. or give CK2 a DLC that would bring it back to the 6th c.

Ultimately, I would love to begin in 400 BC, and take it through all the way into the 21st century (via HoI4).

Rome 2: 400 BC - AD 500
Crusader Kings 2: AD 500 - 1400
Europa Universalis IV: AD 1400 - 1800
Victoria II: AD 1800 - 1900
Hearts of Iron IV: AD 1900 (?!?!) - 2000 (HoI Awesomeness: include WW1 and WW2!!)

Just my suggestion!

Reactions:
Ability to play as families or factions within a republic or kingdom. There just aren't enough powers on the map to keep things interesting otherwise.

Reactions:
I'd like to move the players role more to be an advicer to the ruler rather than the actual ruler. You as an adviser will ofcourse play an important role to help decide on decisions and stuff but in some cases the AI rulers person might favor war or peace or whatever that you might just have to accept. Therefore one of the most important role of the player will be to secure that the "right" character rules your kingdom.

How far to take the advisor role? I could think of everything from just be limited in your action because the ruler doesn't favour that and everything plays as normal to have the AI ruler move troops (unless you get hired as a general) and take every decision (that you only could try to influence somewhat on). I just think that in all Paradox games, which are basicaly all "you set your own goal" today you could have the same goal from start to finish. In our history that is not really true. Different rulers had different agendas and the game should heavily enforce that.

The advisor thingie should be produced to all existing Paradox games as a new DLC with the name: Shadows ;)

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of EU:Rome Vae Victis. I play it a lot and always seem to find something new. If Paradox does develop an EU: Rome 2 I would like to see more character events (why do male monarchs have affairs that can result in illegitimate children but female monarchs don't? (CleopatraVII, for example)), an expanded map that dips a bit more to the south in Africa and to the east in Parthia, and maybe some new or revised National Ideas.

I'd want an expansion, kind of in the style of one of the big TW expansions that restricts the map to Greece, Sicily, and, maybe Egypt. It would focus on the Peloponnesian War and have much more detail in the number of provinces and factions.

Personally,
I would love to see Rome II come out with the timeline extending from 400 BC all the way up through AD 500.

Then bring a tie-in with Crusader Kings II, either by extending Rome II to the 9th c. or give CK2 a DLC that would bring it back to the 6th c.

Ultimately, I would love to begin in 400 BC, and take it through all the way into the 21st century (via HoI4).

Hearts of Iron IV: AD 1900 (?!?!) - 2000 (HoI Awesomeness: include WW1 and WW2!!)

Just my suggestion!

Doesn't Victoria cover the First World War?

Personally,

Just my suggestion!
Not quite. Rome 2 should end around 380AD, then a NEW game for the Dark Ages should cover 380-900 and then CK2 takes over. Also, Victoria and Hearts of Iron are ok as they are timeline wise.

Reactions:
Not quite. Rome 2 should end around 380AD, then a NEW game for the Dark Ages should cover 380-900 and then CK2 takes over. Also, Victoria and Hearts of Iron are ok as they are timeline wise.

So should be something like: Rome II -> New "Dark Age" Game -> Crusader Kings II -> Europa Universalis IV -> Victoria III -> Hearts of Iron IV -> Something Like East vs West.

Reactions:
I'll be the boring one: better GUI. It wasn't particularly bad, but it's something that could always be improved.

So should be something like: Rome II -> New "Dark Age" Game -> Crusader Kings II -> Europa Universalis IV -> Victoria III -> Hearts of Iron IV -> Something Like East vs West.

Hmm....

Needs something earlier. Add in something like Slitherine's Chariots of War, Spartan, and Gates of Troy. So beginning 2500 BC. Ooo... I could so go for that sequence.

Best wishes,
Steve

Reactions: