• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
- Harsh Treatment now lasts 15 years instead of 10 years.
- Minimum Revolt Risk from nationalism is now 20% of the Revolt Risk given.
- Revoltrisk increase on revoltsize scaled back to 20% of previous value.
- Fixed the problem where some users got access to WoN without having bought it.
- Budgetview no longer thinks you get more from vassals than you do.
- Fixed a glitch that made it impossible to convert to Sikh religion.
- Its now possible to finish integrating a union partner.
- AE when force vassalising multiple vassals in the same war is no longer logaritimic.
- Enforcing Unions now give 50% of former AE.
- BorderDistance is now decreasing AE about 25% per step.
- Agressive Expansion now decays 100% faster.

Its in testing now, and will go live before the end of the day..

And well, look at that, and Now I can focus my attention at dealing with more threatening stuff like AE in-game. Rather living on the edge constantly.

Much obliged.

- Harsh Treatment now lasts 15 years instead of 10 years.
- Minimum Revolt Risk from nationalism is now 20% of the Revolt Risk given.
- Fixed the problem where some users got access to WoN without having bought it.
- Budgetview no longer thinks you get more from vassals than you do.
- Fixed a glitch that made it impossible to convert to Sikh religion.
- Its now possible to finish integrating a union partner.

Its in testing now, and will go live before the end of the day..
Well, that's a promising start.

Johan is this hotfix just patch details that didn't make it into 1.6? Or is it a reaction to the forum angry mob?

Cheers

I doubt it's the latter. The hotfix doesn't address the two main issues which have been driving the complaints on the forum: namely how ridiculous AE is and the size of the rebels that spawn. Unless I'm mistaken and rebel stack sizes are derived from revoltrisk and not basetax/something else?

I doubt it's the latter. The hotfix doesn't address the two main issues which have been driving the complaints on the forum: namely how ridiculous AE is and the size of the rebels that spawn. Unless I'm mistaken and rebel stack sizes are derived from revoltrisk and not basetax/something else?

Seems that way.

The AI will still probably collapse all over the place to rebel stacks they can't handle. I want to be optimistic about it though.

Rebel stack size is partially derived from revolt risk. Or at least it was in earlier versions of the game.

They have been so stubborn with AE for so long I wouldn't count on them fixing it. EUIV is pretty much ruined for me unless I spend hours modding every change they make in every patch.

The reduction in rebels stack size is good. Seeing 20k rebels in a 1BT province won't happen again, I suppose (which is good).
Though, AE needs to be reduced (especially for vassalization and PU, the AE you get is sure to break the PU, and the vassal won't be annexable for a very long time).

It's a combination, every 3% of revolt risk used to add an additional regiment, as did every 25 base manpower/2 base tax. I don't know if that means it's now every 15%, or if there was a change to rebel scaling in the patch which is now being reverted.

Anyway, great news, over the top rebellions were the main problem in this patch and made it impossible to do much. Now could you please implement a cap on exactly how much AE you can accrue from vassalizing/PUing a country? That would make the patch pretty much perfect (designwise, ofcourse there's still bugs ;)).

I'm glad the nationalism wasn't taken out entirely. I wanted stronger rebels than in 1.5, but the patch went completely overboard. This should be a good compromise.

I thought a hotfix was already out. Took Danzig and Warmia and only got max 33 AE from TO, which isn't bad at all.

Or maybe it's just enforced PU that gives crazy AE. :confused:

Thanks for this hotfix.
I hope the spawning rate of rebels and their size are effectiveley changed to make the game playable, for users and the AI.

Waiting for a little tweak about AE (just look at the screens where you get like 200 AE for forcing an union, then it's is impossible to conserve the union, what's the point)

We still need a sensible cap (30 say) to AE from forcing a PU rather than the impossible to deal with hundreds you can get at the moment.

I also think that time to dipplo annex should be doubled and the cost reduced to 2 a month so it feels more reasonable. That's a question of taste/balance. Rather than outright needed like the rest of the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.