• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WingedLion14

Major
62 Badges
Jul 17, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
An Album of Ice and Fire
A Game of Thrones Mod for CK2

The Rock. Dorne. The Reach. The Stormlands. The Iron Isles. The Vale. The North.

Casterly Rock. Sunspear. Highgarden. Storm's End. Pyke. The Eyrie. Winterfell.

Joffrey Baratheon. Robb Stark. Stannis Baratheon. Balon Greyjoy. Renly Baratheon.

Seven Kingdoms. Five Kings. One Game - The Game of Thrones.

807cb4c8-96e2-4b14-b6b6-9303eb509b3b.gif

Welcome to my newest AAR and my second in the CK2 forums, An Album of Ice and Fire. As a fan of the Game of Thrones TV series, George R.R. Martin's books, and the CK2 mod, I decided to start one, as it seems a lot of other writAARs have as well. This time, though, rather than following the story of one house, we shall tell the tale from all sides, so that each of the players may have their one dance. Starting with Robb Stark in the "Clash of Kings" bookmark, we will follow each character until some point where it's no longer interesting, such as the character's death, twenty-plus years of peace with no end in sight, or the death of every character in the series besides the 105-year-old son of Mance Rayder.

Be forewarned - there will be spoilers, particularly in the character introductions and in some of the events, and quite possibly at times in the updates and the comments. Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited:
BOOK I: THE YOUNG WOLF

RobbStark-550x310.png

My father's head sits upon a spike atop the Red Keep in King's Landing.
My sister Sansa - bethrothed to that monster Joffrey; she'd be better off dead.
Arya....Nobody's heard of her since my father's execution. Mother thinks she's dead. I hold out hope that she lives, but I fear she could be right.

After we heard of my father's murder, the Greatjon was the first of my bannermen to declare me King in the North. With the lords of the North and the Riverlands at my side, I, the first King in the North since Torrhen Stark bent the knee to the Targaryens three-hundered years ago, ride forth against the Lannisters and the Iron Throne.

We will win our independence. I will avenge my father and my sisters. Or I will die trying.

My name is Robb Stark, and this is my story.

Character Bio:
Robb Stark
"The Young Wolf"
King in the North
King of the Trident
Lord of Winterfell

Son of Eddard Stark, Hand of the King and So-Called Traitor of the Realm, and Catelyn Tully.
Bethrothed to Roslin Frey, daughter of Walder Frey, Lord of the Crossing.
Eldest Brother to Sansa, Brandon, Arya, Rickon; half-brother of Jon Snow of the Night's Watch.
Friend of Theon Greyjoy.

King in the North!

NOTE – Just like GRRM’s books, chapters will be titled based on the character POV; it will not always be the character being played

Part I: Catelyn

“Then I don’t have a choice. Lord Roose, bring me his head.”

All at once the tent erupted into chaos, as the Lords of the North reacted to Robb’s sudden – not to mention controversial – decision. Robb looked around at all his lords before pushing at the crown atop his head and ordering the room silenced. Merely king a few weeks, Cat noticed, yet still he had begun to act like one.

“Please, my lords, speak not at the same time,” the King ordered.

Lord Reed stood up in the back of the tent. “You currently have just this one thing to hold against our enemies. Do you seriously intend to give all that up, for this?”

“Aye, Reed,” roared the Greatjon. “You can’t let this threat go unanswered.”

“Let the gods punish him, I say,” Reed retorted. “Strategically, we will gain nothing from removing his head from his shoulders, and we will anger the Lannisters!”

“LET BLOODY TYWIN LANNISTER BE ANGRY!” Umber stood and yelled at the Lord of the Neck. “They sent an assassin under a bloody peace banner! We have the right to retribution!”

At that, Cat had had enough. “Your Grace, remember your sisters. Sansa is still in King’s Landing, and we haven’t heard from Arya since my lord husband’s death. Please. DO NOT KILL HIM!

“Please….for the girls.”

Her words hung in the air for five seconds, ten seconds. He began to speak, then hesitated, looking at her. He’s just a boy, she thought. As much as he pretends, he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he’ s still a boy.

Finally Edmure Tully stood. “Your Grace, my nephew, I speak on behalf of my lord father Hoster, Lord of Riverrun, who is currently living out his last days, your royal cupbearer. And I say this – the Kingslayer’s armies have pillaged the Riverlands, have laid waste to towns and villages, burned farmlands, slaughtered livestock, and butchered families. The people want blood; give them his head, and they will flock to your banners.”

Once again Cat and Robb locked eyes. This time, though, there was a hardness to them, a certainty, a purpose.

“Robb,” she pleaded. “Remember the girls.”

Her son looked at her and whispered, “I’m sorry, mother.” Then the king addressed the gathered lords. “As I said, bring me the Kingslayer’s head.”

She took another glance at the dish offered her before refusing it. It was boiled rabbit seasoned with the finest Dornish wine and extravagant Eastern spices. Was this the thirty-seventh or thirty-eighth? Cat was not totally sure, except for one thing of course – Lord Walder spared no expense for this wedding.

Robb and his newlywed, Lady Roslin, sat in the seat of honor, sharing Lord Walder’s own seat, feeding grapes to one another and drinking the fine vintage from a golden chalice, blazed with both the Stark direwolf and the Frey towers, the symbols of the union of the two houses. Beneath them sat the many sons and grandsons of the Lord of the Crossing, eager to join the Northern armies and bring their father glory, as well as scores and scores of daughters and granddaughters, almost all of them weeping. Unfortunately for them, only the new Queen took after her beautiful mother, and now the money set aside for their weddings had been spent on the daughter already blessed by the gods, leaving them with nothing.

“Lady Stark, may I be honored with a dance?” She turned to find Ser Rodrik.

“I am in no mood for dancing, my friend.”

Ser Rodrik, however, would not be denied. “My lady, I insist; I must have this dance.” Something was amiss, Catelyn thought; otherwise Rodrik would not be so persistent, so she relented.

They talked of little things for a few minutes – the dress Rosin had been given as a wedding gift from Lord Karstark, the ever-panicky Night’s Watch, the pigeon pie – before finally Lady Stark said, “Enough of this talk. What’s the matter?”

Ser Rodrik glanced around to make sure nobody overheard. “My lady, I just received a raven from Maester Luwin in Winterfell. Balon Greyjoy has called himself King of the Iron Isles and the North and has landed on our western shores.”

So – just as she predicted – Robb’s scheme failed; Greyjoy had betrayed them, the treacherous ironborn as he was. “My son should be informed of this.”

“Not on his wedding night; this matter can wait. In any case, for now the matter can wait, I believe. The ironborn strength is on the sea; truly, they will not threaten Winterfell for some time. Until then, we must focus on the battle at hand.”

“And by that you mean what, Rodrik?”

The castellan turned toward the Blackfish, and, addressing Catelyn, said, “Did Robb not tell you? On the morrow, we ride for Harrenhal.”

Harrenhal.jpg

Only bad stuff happens to those who own Harrenhal...

Following. Speaking from experience here: don't worry about Balon. He can't seriously harm you. Good luck sweeping through Harrenhall, you never know what might turn up ;).

I hear it's filled with weasels!

Subbed. I like the structure of this.

Welcome aboard! And thanks, I was going for something different with this.

Well that's a significant change right off the bat.

Nahhhhhh, it's exactly like the books and the show, what are you talking about? :D

Those 5% warscore you lost might bite you in the arse

Perhaps but....wait, Young Lion.....look, it's another Lannister, arrest him.

BOOM! Warscore back.

Only bad stuff happens to those who own Harrenhal...

let's see if that maxim holds true...........

Part II: Arya

“Take that to the kitchen. Eat what you want.”

“Yes, my lord. Thank you, my lord.” Arya bowed, taking the plate of mutton before turning to leave. Another meal, and she still lives.

“Girl, one moment,” Tywin ordered. She froze. Had Lord Baelish recognized her? Was that even possible, since she had never seen the man before today?

She turned. “Yes, my lord? Would you look me to – ”

“It’s m’lord.”

Arya tilted her head in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“Lowborn girls say m’lord, not my lord. If you’re going to pose as a commoner, do it properly.” Tywin folded his arms and leaned on the table, staring at her intently.

She had to think quickly. “My mother served Lady Dustin for many years, MY LORD. She wanted me to speak proper….properly.” A tense silence filled the air. He doesn’t buy it, she thought.

ayra-tywin.jpg

Lord Tywin leaned back in his chair and smiled. “You’re too smart for your own good. Has anyone ever told you that?” Arya smiled and nodded. “Well, run along then.”

Just then a squire erupted into the room, out of breath and carrying a large wooden container. “M’lord, the wolves are on the way,” he panted. “You must flee while you still can.” Tywin stared at him blankly. “Stark’s army was not marching on Casterly Rock, as you believed. It was a trick – our main army is trapped on the other side of the Riverlands, while our outpost in Lakeshore was slaughtered almost to a man. The only survivor brought this.” He opened the box.

Lord Tywin peered inside and gasped, then composed himself. “How long until wolves arrive?”

“About forty-five minutes, m’lord.”

“Saddle my horse and get word to any Lannisters and Tyrells in the castle that they must flee. Beyond that, they must hold out as long as they can to slow down Robb Stark.”

“Yes, m’lord.” The squire turned and left.

Tywin turned to Arya. “This must be goodbye, I suppose. I have thoroughly enjoyed our evening conversations after dinner. You make a fine cupbearer….although I should not be surprised, as you are highborn.”

Arya shook her head. “Now, now, don’t lie to me, young lady. You’re a highborn, and a Northerner too, and found yourself here by some unfortunate series of events. I like you, which is why we’re still here – and which is, why I would like to know who you are.” Arya stood there silently, stunned. “I will be leaving now, my sword is not in this room, and there is no way I can harm you. I swear by all the gods – and, since you’re a Northerner, even the old gods – that you will be safe, both from me and from my men.” Still silence. “Very well. I must be off.”

Tywin turned to leave. As the door closed behind him, Arya spoke. “Lord Tywin.” The Lannister patriarch leaned around the door.”

“My name. Stark. Arya Stark.”

His face was emotionless. “Very well, Arya of House Stark.” He over-punctuated his words. “We shall meet again – I’m certain of it.”

And with that, the great Lord of Casterly Rock fled Harrenhal.

Chaos filled the castle as the Northmen stormed the castle. Through it all, Arya sat at Lord Tywin’s table in Kingspyre Tower, a pitcher of the finest Dornish wine and Lord Lannister’s finest goblet sitting on the table.

Three hours later, the noise died down as the fighting drew to a close. Suddenly she heard a scream outside, a bang, and finally a familiar voice. “Take me to Lord Tywin’s chambers.”

The sound of footsteps came closer and closer. It’s time, she thought. Finally, she would know just where she stood, whether her ride was over.

The door opened with a creak and a teenage boy entered, clad in armor. He had short auburn hair and the beginnings of a beard. Atop his head sat a crown of iron.

“Greetings, Your Grace. Care for some wine?”

glad to know someone caught the hint

that is completely out of character for tywin,he would never let a stark escape.if he knew who she was she would be back in kings landing before she could say "shit"

honestly, i debated a lot whether to include the line. without going into too much detail......Tywin Lannister is a calculating man; he doesn't make mistakes, and he does everything for a reason.

Just like GRRM, all will be clear in time (hopefully though, quicker than he reveals it lol)

glad to know someone caught the hint

honestly, i debated a lot whether to include the line. without going into too much detail......Tywin Lannister is a calculating man; he doesn't make mistakes, and he does everything for a reason.

Just like GRRM, all will be clear in time (hopefully though, quicker than he reveals it lol)

Treating Tyrion like shit didn't work out so well though ;)

Please be quicker than George :p

Lovely ending to the chapter.:D