Finally done with this war. Wait, what is- OH MOTHER OF ALL AE!!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Niebulheim

First Lieutenant
66 Badges
Apr 17, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
Decided to try Poland in WoN. Did the usual take Danzig and Chelmo while making sure Brandenburg got it's core back to set up for the double vassalization of the crusader states:

NTqCqQa.jpg

Then I notice the AE counter and I was honestly pretty shocked.

K1E9d3Y.jpg

It was a massive Buzz-Kill when I saw this. Is it truly meant to work like this? Is there any way to work around this?

Any tips on playing Poland in this patch would be appreciated.

Then I notice the AE counter and I was honestly pretty shocked.
Holy crap. Could you accept this peace and make some screenshots of what follows? Maybe it will help show Paradox what have gone horribly wrong with AE.

What's funny is that getting vassals with -320 opinion due to AE and with avarage AE loss of 3,5 per year means that you would be able to annex them only 100 years later paying hundreds of DIP points.

RIP vassal feeding.

heh 350 Ae with no bonusses this only takes u around 160 Years until its away and NOW you know why u can diplo annex someone very quick, because the time you will get +190 relation will take very very long.... :rolleyes:

My only question is, how the hell does Paradox think this is a good feature? (Because by now we got to be honestly assuming that they did raise AE to these levels intentionally, because otherwise the braindead-ness required to have this as an oversight would mean they couldn't possible code anything in first place)

It kinda prevents any sort of expansion whatsoever, except once every couple hundred years. Assuming you actually don't get world war coalition DOWd.

Wait, so you're complaining about AE after trying to vassalize two states with an entire combined base tax of almost 40? OH MY GOSH GAME IS SO BROKEN
Actually, yes, exactly that. 40 basetax isn't enough to warrant 300 AE (which will instantly cause every other state in Europe to form a coalition and DOW you, guarantueed).

Im not touching my save game ironmans until this is fixed...wowzers thats some numbers

With these levels of AE I suggest what follows:
1. Start game
2. DOW
3. Peace out
4. Leave game playing on 1-2 speed
5. Wash dishes, read a book, watch a movie waiting for AE to evaporate
6. DOW
7. Peace out
8. Repat until you reach 1821

Congratulations! Your color on the map is bigger! Isn't that great?

Damn, EU4 is so souless in comparison to CK2...

Wow.

Even I'll admit that's a bit excessive, especially considering that this is less severe than the actual historical Polish Domination of the Monastic States.

I had thought the subjugation CB gave zero AE?

Perhaps this is not WAD?
I really hope you're right. If these costs are correct along with the costs on the backend (not to mention the costs we already paid in 1.5 that didn't change) it would have been easier for them to just remove vassalization from the peace offers.

God forbid other countries actually got worried that you've just conquered half of the Baltic's coast...

Wait, so you're complaining about AE after trying to vassalize two states with an entire combined base tax of almost 40? OH MY GOSH GAME IS SO BROKEN

God forbid other countries actually got worried that you've just conquered half of the Baltic's coast...

I tried my best to word my post without it being "complainy" but I guess you can call it a complaint. Sorry, but I was honestly hoping I was doing something seriously wrong.

Even vassalizing one of them is suicide, which kinda makes "vassalize" missions pointless. Getting the "Remind the knights of their duty" has always been a key point in getting a good start as Poland.

The existance of the effect is not a problem. The scale and reach of it are.

This is pretty much my view on this. I agree that there should be reaction to my conquest, but this case seems to be a bit too extreme.

He didn't conquer anything like half of the Baltic's coast. It's also not the point that countries should be worried, they should be, that's the whole purpose of AE. It's the amount of AE being generated that is at issue. This isn't a difficult concept. Neighbours should be worried if you start conquering people nearby. Irish OPMs on the edge of the continent who really don't care about Europe, let alone Eastern Europe, really shouldn't be concerned.

The existance of the effect is not a problem. The scale and reach of it are.