• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SBolshevik

Something Something Aŋrômainiiuš
6 Badges
May 23, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
A small mod to make the Magyar migration less railroaded.
Features:
- Steppe Magyar culture
- Sped up spread for the Magyar culture
- Any de iure duchy held by the ruler of Hungary or one of his vassals before the year 900 becomes a de iure part of the kingdom of Hungary
- Events for switching from Magyar to Hungarian culture
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cavt26kui6l4u91/Magyar+Migration+1.1.rar
Changelog:
1.1:
- The Kingdom of Great Moravia is now known as the Grand Principality of Great Moravia
- The Kingdom of Magyars is now known as the Grand Principality of Magyars
- Added an event for the fall of Great Moravia if it loses Nyitra or Moravia
- Added a line to stop (or, at the very least, hinder) instant Magyar expansion back to the Crimea
- Increased Magyar culture spread speed
1.0:
- Initial release
Screenies:
f8i1Nki.png

ZsxfJJo.png

PIM9c7i.png

D4OpLnv.png

Implementation in another mod: You may take this mod and kill it, stab it, even burn it, under the condition that you credit me as the mod author.

Last edited:
Bravo, this has been on my "to-do" mod list for quite some time... now you've saved me the trouble. I'll gladly integrate your mod into my personal private mod.

I've always wished PDS would separate original nomadic Magyar/Turkic from the eventual sedentary Hungarian/Turkish... but then I remembered that they're too lazy to implement melting pots outside of the English and Scandinavian.

Thanks! I have a few other (although unfinished) mods which I can send to you, if you want them.

Sure, I'd be interested to hear what else you've done, though I'm also perfectly willing to wait patiently until you've deemed they ready for release.

Does that mean that this Mod makes it, so that when Hungary is formed, I don't lost all the stuff I had as Magyar?

Nope, you still lose it (since going back to the Steppe as soon as you come to Pannonia makes no sense whatsoever).

The portraits for the Magyar culture shown in the screenshot are the Turkish Portraits DLC.

I was thinking of starting a similar mod. I have to try yours first, it might save me some work !

Any de iure duchy held by the ruler of Hungary or one of his vassals before the year 900 becomes a de iure part of the kingdom of Hungary
Does this means there is no de iure Hungary at the beginning of the game ? Can you settle anywhere ?

You can't settle anywhere, de iure Hungary exists in its vanilla form, but if you, say, invade Wallachia and form the duchy before 900, it will become de iure territory within a few months.