• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I'd love is for bedouins to use some of the African units (camels and "berber" infantry).

I'll look into it, if SWMH doesn't change cultures specifically the common/cultures/00_cultures.txt file it should be fine if not you can still use the standalone saxon, baltic, ugric versions.

Edit: SWMH has a really awesome map here's a compatch copy over common/cultures/00_cultures.txt in SWMH folder
View attachment 00_cultures_for SWMH .txt

Last edited:
The install instructions just make little sense, I'm sorry but I cannot follow these steps they have no context. And I don't understand what you want me to do with the graphic files at all sadly.

The install instructions just make little sense, I'm sorry but I cannot follow these steps they have no context. And I don't understand what you want me to do with the graphic files at all sadly.

Your right there terrible. I haven't been around the Forums a lot lately. I will rephrase it. You can always use the timeless module without changing anything about it.

I released a new version (1.4.1) there was an issue with Horse archers due to the patches. Also the Mongol units now use Turkish pikeman (DLC) as Heavy infantry. The turkish heavy infantry will look like lite infantry did before (DLC), if you don't like that change just delete the turkishgfx file in the mod folder. That's most of the changes.

Is this still being worked on? I love it but my cavalry hold their shields wrong :(

What culture and type of cavalry is it? I remember some small issue with the baltic heavy cavalary shields that I choose to ignore at some point. But if this is somthing worse I might take a look, can't promis it will be soon though.

Are you going to reskin all of the troop types?

Not really. Compatches for all the constant chanages for patches and other mods where more than i could/wanted to handle so I stoped. Do you mean all types of cultures or heavy infantry/light infantry/pikemen/...types?
Or do think a spesific culture needs changing? I can't promise anything but I might consider making more of them at some point.

Edit: technicaly i'm not reskining anything because it's just paradox files recombined.

Last edited:
Is the mod compatible with the latest version of CK2?

I have no idea but I assume there will be some issues. Since there now is a seperate category for early units (and late?) i will make a new version making use of it when I have time.

Edit:looks okay at first glance

Last edited:
That's awesome.

Three questions:

A) Have you fixed the Varangian guard not using any weapon by chance?
B) What year do they get mid and then late units?
C) Can we have more pics of midgame units?

Also, some feedback / bug reporting.

A) The Byzantines in mid and late units seem to use the Norse Cavalry Archer model instead of the Cataphract model. (and overall the retinue always shows up as a Horse archer, but that's more of a vanilla bug)
B) All steppe Horse Archer units including Turks look like mongols in late game. Since Turks and Turkish cultures have their own model wouldn't it be better to use that instead of the mongol one? EDIT: actually, disregard this. I was checking the models by loading a game and trying to hire mercenary companies. If I load as the Ottomans in 1337 and hire a Horse archer retinue it has the turkish model, if I hire a horse archer turkish mercenary company it has the mongol one... very weird.
C) I understand this is more a problem of vanilla, but I've never liked the fact that the Byzantine heavy infantry sprite pretty much looks like the varangian guard. Would it be possible for the heavy infantry sprite to look more like a generic byzantine soldier with a sword and shield and normal helmet rather than a varangian? Something like this:

4476838526_8441206719_z.jpg

new-roman-soldiers-e1268306260781.jpg

And possibly use the current byzantine heavy infantry model for the mid and late Varangian Guard.

Last edited:
That's awesome.

Three questions:

A) Have you fixed the Varangian guard not using any weapon by chance?
B) What year do they get mid and then late units?
C) Can we have more pics of midgame units?

Thank you for the feedback

A) Not, intentinally. Are we talking about the orthodox holy order Varangian guard. (the mod shouldn't effect that one) Or about a Unit that uses it's model.
B) I don't know the exact date but the earliest I've seen them was the 1066 start date.
C) Midgame units are for the most part similar to earier versions. I am excited about the new feature (early/late units) but it does not have an impact some cultures in my current build. I'll look though my screenshots maybe I'll find something...

for late game units I generally gave more cultures cavelery with plate armor and newer helmets.

Well regarding the Varangian guard it's a mercenary company vassal to the emperor. It has a specific model, but it's bugged at the moment in vanilla.

the Byzantines havn't been high on my priority list until now because at least they have there own cutom unitpack. The current version doesn't change them at all. I kind of hope the vanilla bugs will solve themselfe but if i redo the byzantines i might as well trie to fix them.

Thank you for the pictures, they look similar to byzantine light,archers and pikmen so i could switch them around.

Thank you for your answer. One more thing bugs me, and thats the western units, if you start around 1066 you get some type of units that should be more late-game. Would it be possible to use the early western units there? I apologise in advance if this have been asked before, or if I missed how to do it.