• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder what Saint Markos would think about using MechJeb ... :p ( just kidding :D I really need to pick up KSP sometime again. Oh and nice AAR there . The second Epilogue is really good ... )

This is amazing I love it, to bad i can't play CK2 till the computer i play it on gets fixed or my sister brings back the other computer.
Hey its your first post.Welcome to the forum!

This is amazing I love it, to bad i can't play CK2 till the computer i play it on gets fixed or my sister brings back the other computer.

Welcome to the forums, all you have to do is give knowing acknowledgement for people complaining about never ending Grant Tournaments.

Hey, I've been following your AAR for a while and I must say that is a really good story. There is a couple of AAR that were inspired by yours, so you must feel really proud of your work. Keep writting because the people that read this is a lot (including me, haha). I would like to write my own roman story, but my english is not so good to make an interesting and somewhat detailed story like I like to write, so it will have to be enough read yours and some others here.

Good luck, and that Saint Markos protect us all.

P.S: woohooo, first post! :D

Hey! Another new forumite! Welcome and come enjoy the ride with us! CzoklettMuss is acting as a gateway drug for AARLand, woohoo! ;)

Seriously though, I think it shows something that this AAR is drawing in a good number of people who have just started exploring the forums. You're doing a great job showcasing a great game, CzoklettMuss. :)

Imperium Dominatus!

Just bumping this thread up :D

"Crusader Kings II" made me love the Byzantine Empire more than the actual united Roman Empire. If only we could remove kebab and return the glories of Byzantium to the world...

Also, one does not simply refer to Constantinople as "Istanbul".

Also, one does not simply refer to Constantinople as "Istanbul".

The Irony is that 'Istanbul' is a mangled up version of Greek which translates as 'Is tin Poli' or literally 'to the City'. Or so I have been told.
'Is tin Poli' is syntactically correct though as far my Greek knowledge goes so its plausible.

Welcome to the forums, all you have to do is give knowing acknowledgement for people complaining about never ending Grant Tournaments.

I've been playing the game and using the forum for a while, i just don't post,I would do an AAR(I have 200 hours in game so i think i'm qualified enough for it) but i'm not verry good at taking alot of pictures

Congrats on the award Czokletmuss!

CzokletMuss, I've decided to pass onto you the WritAAR of the week award. Enjoy your week of celebration - you've earned it with this tale.

Holy moly! Thank you very much for this nomination, I really appreciate it - that's great! :)

I suppose I should release new (long-awaited) chapter to celebrate it but I'm really busy IRL recently, hence the long break. I'm really sorry you have to wait so long for the update but, well, real life takes priority sometimes. I really enjoy writing this AAR and I'm really excited for the upcoming WoN and conversion to EU4, so I have to ask you to trust me - new chapters are coming. I asked for your patience several times, so I won't ask again - but it'll definitely help you :p

Because such glorious award requires some kind of celebration though, here are some screenshots from the upcoming chapter dedicated to the Holy Synod:

8J0NKyM.jpg

JYVESIn.jpg

Thanks for reading and good words in comments!
I really hope that this long hiatus between the last update and the upcoming one will end before the gap reaches precisely one month.

Take care,
czokletmuss

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are prepared to wait forever! Long live Augustus Leon VIII! Long live the Holy Emperor!
You shouldn't have said that :p

I know what I can do today as a part of celebrating the award - AMA! I don't have time to write and finish the next chapter today (sadly) but I think Ask Me Anything is better than nothing.

So, if you have any questions (concerning AAR, AAR's setting, some other stuff) to me feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them :)

No spoilers of course.

In the CK2 part, restoring the Roman Empire was a longterm goal. What distant goals will the Empire try to achieve? (That is if they ever stop the endless tides of barbarians...)
I was thinking about several possible goals:

1. Restore Trajan borders of the Imperium in Europe

Right now Imperium more or less encompasses teritory which was ruled by Justinian I:

Justinian555AD.png

And these are limes from the times of Trajan, the greatest extent of the Imperium in the history:

800px-Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png

2. Sunrise Invasion aka Payback Time -> Imperium invades Americas

Sweet, sweet revenge for all the pain and misery savages from the Far West brought upon the Crumbling Europe.

3. Burn the heretic, purge the unclean, eradicate the xenoi -> whole Europe Orthodox

Final solution to the Barbarian Question.

But:
1. I still have to survive until 1444
2. RNG is a harsh master
3. I'm open to suggestions :)

Oh, and the EU4 part probably will be interactive (if the moderators agree).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: