Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 7: Free Features #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No known political entity had Zoroastrianism as the state religion during the EUIV timeframe, but it's still part of EUIV's files.

It isn't actually. Zoroastrianism isn't in religions.txt unless you export a CKII game and play with the mod file that produces.

Hence why I said it should be done by the CK2 Dev team.

I've a few question for achievement hunters out there.
1) Will Electable count if you start as Austria? Any other HRE prince will have to rely on RNG for this achievement (except Bavaria perhaps).
2) Which province is Bombay located in? North Konkan or Malvana?
3) How on Earth can you get 100 mercantilism? The events that give +1 or +5 are extremely rare. Does taking Trade ideas increase your chances of gaining more mercantilism?

Say… while this would take DDRJake levels of gaminess, couldn't you form Egypt as, say, an OPM who culture-shifted to Al-Misr Arabic? Like Cyprus? Or someone else like that? Bi admit to not being totally familiar with how culture-shifting works. Looking at the nations involved, Naples would be better in terms of tech group and ability to take over Egypt, but might be less able to pull the culture-shift trick off. And there's always the problem of religion to consider if you try this... Egypt's got a lot of bight-value, hard to convert provinces after all, although the culture shift might help there. Hmmm…

Say… while this would take DDRJake levels of gaminess, couldn't you form Egypt as, say, an OPM who culture-shifted to Al-Misr Arabic? Like Cyprus? Or someone else like that? Bi admit to not being totally familiar with how culture-shifting works. Looking at the nations involved, Naples would be better in terms of tech group and ability to take over Egypt, but might be less able to pull the culture-shift trick off. And there's always the problem of religion to consider if you try this... Egypt's got a lot of bight-value, hard to convert provinces after all, although the culture shift might help there. Hmmm…
the decision is only for the mamluks.
just like kurland is only for riga and livonian order.

Well, just coming back after a hiatus.

This looks like the expansion we've all been waiting for. ^^

If a new patch will be released I'd like the way Teutonic Order can form Prussia to be fixed. Now, it can't be done, if To is subjected, what is complitly ahistorical.
I also have few other wishes concernig changes to be made in curent version of EU4, listed below.

I think also Sibir sholud be relativly easy to form also by AI. Sibir, when formed should also easly own Surgut and Narim, to slow a litle Russian expansion to the east, what now is done ahistorical fast.

I'd also think Austria agressivnes is to big, what effects in ahistorical domination of Austria in HRE, especialy after Austria has inherited Burgundy. It makes extremely hard for AI controled Netherland to keep they provinces and religion. However, it does not expend to Bohemia and Hungary

The last think is that is sholud be more likely to Poland to move capital to Warszawa, especilay becouse it helps to keep prestige on positive level, what is needed to keep union with Lithuania and form Comonwealth.

Last edited:
New Achievements
  1. The Princess is in this Castle - Female Ruler & Female Heir

Will there be religion modifer, events or decisions to make that happen?

if not

1. shame on you for add such a RNG achievement
2. shame on me for starting as the country with the highest chance cause of female name´s
- playing it to a safe stage and/or flee to the new world/south africa/australia
- save the game on a second device
- scripting my mouse to click allways King and Heir switch to commander and just auto play that game on speed 5
- defeated? np just reload your ironman game...

I will pay for the dlc but why do I have to pay for electricity while I am not even playing...

also if not you should rename it to "worst case scenario" so it would look more like a achievement for beeing such a unlucky person.

Last edited:
Will there be religion modifer, events or decisions to make that happen?

if not

1. shame on you for add such a RNG achievement
2. shame on me for starting as the country with the highest chance cause of female name´s
- playing it to a safe stage and/or flee to the new world/south africa/australia
- save the game on a second device
- scripting my mouse to click allways King and Heir switch to commander and just auto play that game on speed 5
- defeated? np just reload your ironman game...

I will pay for the dlc but why do I have to pay for electricity while I am not even playing...

also if not you should rename it to "worst case scenario" so it would look more like a achievement for beeing such a unlucky person.
You are aware that you don't need to do achievements?

You are aware that you don't need to do achievements?

I wrote that with a kind of fun in it. Please dont start again the 100 year steam achievement war. If i want those achievements is my decision not yours and i just blame the way you get that achievement.
Btw i ask a question here:
"Will there be religion modifer, events or decisions to make that happen?"

How do you mod the defensiveness?