• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know probs this isn't the place to ask such questions, but could you also implement the opinion modifiers as trait effects, as twin_opinion already is?

Update:

- Untangled and made cardinal election moddable
- Added moddable opinion for brother
- Added moddable opinion for half-brother
- Added moddable opinion for sister
- Added moddable opinion for half-sister
- Added moddable opinion for grandfather
- Added moddable opinion for grandmother
- Added moddable opinion for grandchild
- Added moddable opinion for uncle
- Added moddable opinion for aunt
- Added moddable opinion for nephew
- Added moddable opinion for niece

These opinions are by default set to zero, but setting them to any other value will apply them in the game.

So I can now make a Confucian religion that gives characters an opinion bonus for their parents, for example?

Update:

- Untangled and made cardinal election moddable

Can you give us more info on exactly what's moddable about the cardinal elections with this change?

How much is this moddable? I could use this succession law to elect a feudal / republican ruler too?
As said in the Suggestion thread I wanted to use it to emulate the Senate of the Roman Republic that should elect the Consul (and after the Emperor) not a priest.

It's way too complicated to remove the religious ties from it. What you can do now is remove the is_theocracy = yes from the cardinal title, and mod whether the new ruler of k_papal_state should lose his old holdings and minor religious titles on election or not.

I know probs this isn't the place to ask such questions, but could you also implement the opinion modifiers as trait effects, as twin_opinion already is?

Why?

So I can now make a Confucian religion that gives characters an opinion bonus for their parents, for example?

Not really. Either you have these opinions or not - you can't control it per religion. If that's what you want it's better to make your own opinions and assign them by event.

Update:

- PAPAL_SUCCESSION_PASS_ON_HOLDINGS to defines
- PAPAL_SUCCESSION_LOSE_MINOR_TITLES to defines
- Now possible to mod papal succession to not lose holdings or minor religious titles
- Added on action on_settlement_looted
- Added on action on_navy_returns_with_loot

Right now we have muslim_opinion, christian_opinion and zoroastrian_opinion; any chance that can be made dynamic (<religion/religion_group>_opinion) so we can enter for example norse_opinion, or outside of "real world", we could enter "eight_divines_opinion"?

For that matter, is there a possibility of adding bonuses per religion on traits?
Celibate for example should give a bonus to piety in Christianity, but not necessarily in Islam. Outside of vanilla, again in total conversions we can have numerous religions that may view certain traits as "pious", and others as "unpious". Hedonist should give piety under Sanguine for example, but not under the Eight Divines. Right now I'm using triggered modifiers to handle this but doing it straight into the trait would be easier from a modding perspective, and (hopefully) use less resources.

Reactions:
Right now we have muslim_opinion, christian_opinion and zoroastrian_opinion; any chance that can be made dynamic (<religion/religion_group>_opinion) so we can enter for example norse_opinion, or outside of "real world", we could enter "eight_divines_opinion"?

Dynamic is a little troublesome, but I will for now at least add the other religions (Hindu, Jain, Buddhism, Indian, Orthodox, Pagan, Aztec).

For that matter, is there a possibility of adding bonuses per religion on traits?
Celibate for example should give a bonus to piety in Christianity, but not necessarily in Islam. Outside of vanilla, again in total conversions we can have numerous religions that may view certain traits as "pious", and others as "unpious". Hedonist should give piety under Sanguine for example, but not under the Eight Divines. Right now I'm using triggered modifiers to handle this but doing it straight into the trait would be easier from a modding perspective, and (hopefully) use less resources.

Again, tricky. The system is not really designed to handle such cases.

It's way too complicated to remove the religious ties from it. What you can do now is remove the is_theocracy = yes from the cardinal title, and mod whether the new ruler of k_papal_state should lose his old holdings and minor religious titles on election or not.

You talk always of "Papal States" this insinuate in me the doubt that could be only one title in game or only one for religion that uses this succession law is this true? If I decide to create a title that use "Papal" succession to model the Senate (an The People) of the Roman Republic and make the Senators the electors of the ruler I didn't risk to inherit the Papacy and so to get a Game Over? I could have two "Papal" GUIs one for the ruler of the "Senatorial Republic" and one for the Pope that would remains the religious head?

Note that if you "untangle" it totally to the concept that the elected guy is always a religious head this succession could be used to model a lot of Aristocratic systems for example the Holy Roman Empire after the Golden Bull (not all Dukes and above are Electors but only 5 - 6 are held this prestigious title) and probably Holy Orders used a similar system to elect the successor...

Maybe this is DLC material?

Update:

- Added <religion>_opinion for Hindu, Jain, Buddhism, Indian, Orthodox, Pagan and Aztec
- opinion and remove_opinion effects now take a character id as argument

If it's relatively easy to add, it could possibly help in modding somehow.

But I still don't understand how you will use it compared to how the opinions work.

Can't mods post in locked threads? Maybe you should restart this thread but keep it locked as an update or do like a lot of forum users do and just edit all the information into the first post and let the rest of the thread do whatever.

Can't mods post in locked threads? Maybe you should restart this thread but keep it locked as an update or do like a lot of forum users do and just edit all the information into the first post and let the rest of the thread do whatever.

I don't want to have the thread locked as I want it to be possible to give feedback/ask questions about these updates. What I don't want is general questions or unrelated feature requests.

Removed a number of unrelated posts.

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I was wondering if it was possible for the modifiers such as "feminist = yes", "pacifist = yes" and "land_morale" to be made available for cultures?

The answer to your question is found one post above or in the first post. The place to ask would be in the Suggestions for Improved Moddability thread.

Update:

- Added on action on_create_title
- Added history command disallow_random_traits