Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 7: Free Features #1

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So excited that The Commonwealth is going now be an elective monarchy :)

There is no Al-Misr Arabic culture anymore, most of the arabic cultures changed names a couple of patches ago, the culture is just called Egyptian now.
What you see on the map did, indeed, change a couple of patches ago. But look in the save game file, and you'll see that they're still called "al_misr_arabic", al_suryah_arabic", etc.

So, will the Copts have the Patriarch authority mechanic still like the Orthodox, or just the standard traits?

Where did you see it will ?
So far there are only suggestions it should be but not a single dev mentioned it will

It was in the stream, they did say that the government type "has no mechanics... yet"

Sikhism - Enables after 1499 from an event in India, and also comes with its unique events.
5% cheaper techs, and +5 land morale, while having -1 when someone tries to convert a sikh province.
There is also a new religiongroup called dharmic, which has Hinduism and Sikhism, which allows voluntary conversions between them.
5% cheaper techs, and +5 land morale, while having -1 when someone tries to convert a sikh province

Finally!

And Singh truly is king.

(how many events are we talking about here?)

all i saw was somebody playing it as noble republic which already exists and nothing else beside it

When I said "in the stream" I meant "in the list of changes mentioned during the stream" not the multiplayer game itself. Of course the elective monarchy is not in their game since they started it weeks and weeks ago and like I said it's not fully functional yet.

"Queen of Mercury" OH YOU.

is +5 land morale for Sikhism literally +5 morale? As in more than anyone else can hope to have in the early 1500s based on tech? Or am I missing something and it's just +5%?
Probably just a typo really, Shiitism and Shintoism both have +10%. That Sikhism gets +5% morale and -5% tech cost seems somewhat balanced. :)

I'm definitely with you on that. Plus, Silesia's flag is awesome. And I'm playing it in an MP game. So gib NIs nao!

On a side note,

Wait, what? +5 land morale? Isn't that supposed to be either 0.5, or 5%?

Silesia powa!

On this note: unique national ideas for Wallachia/Moldavia/Transylvania/Romania, please :)

Supported (with a suitable 3D model upgrade, the difference between countries with gfx DLC and generic vanilla gfx is now glaring) and Coptic Ethiopia looks to be a marvellous change, *thumbsup*.

Finally!

And Singh truly is king.

(how many events are we talking about here?)
During the time of living gurus, each guru has an event related to how their leadership affects the Sikhs. There are also some events relating to Nanak's life and journeys that facilitate possible spread of the religion early on.

(To clarify, yes, the +5 morale here refers to +5%, similar to other religious bonuses.)

During the time of living gurus, each guru has an event related to how their leadership affects the Sikhs. There are also some events relating to Nanak's life and journeys that facilitate possible spread of the religion early on.

(To clarify, yes, the +5 morale here refers to +5%, similar to other religious bonuses.)
1. Will there be any events for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji?

2. Will there be events about Guru Nanak Dev ji's journeys outside of India?

Hello guys, I have a question a while back on stream it was discussed that the formation of "China" would be possible in this expansion, did you get back on this decision ? I was so impatient to try it out, I am kind of sad right now.

So excited that The Commonwealth is going now be an elective monarchy :)
Really? Did they tell how exactly is this going to work? Like monarchy but with elections? New events? Anything?