• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary. An assembly for Yorkshire, for example, would be much more responsive to needs within the region than Westminster would be. After all, Leeds has completely different needs to a fishing village in Sussex. I don't disagree that we need to give assemblies much more power, including fiscal powers, as well as giving much more power to local councils as well. All power belongs at the lowest possible level - bottom up is the answer, not top down.

I shall remember this when the Loony left becomes a thing. :)

On the contrary. An assembly for Yorkshire, for example, would be much more responsive to needs within the region than Westminster would be. After all, Leeds has completely different needs to a fishing village in Sussex. I don't disagree that we need to give assemblies much more power, including fiscal powers, as well as giving much more power to local councils as well. All power belongs at the lowest possible level - bottom up is the answer, not top down.

What does Yorkshire need an assembly for when there are already four county councils there as well as various innumberable borough, city, town and parish ones! You're just out to create more jobs for liberal politicians mate, I see your game!

What does Yorkshire need an assembly for when there are already four county councils there as well as various innumberable borough, city, town and parish ones! You're just out to create more jobs for liberal politicians mate, I see your game!

I think that once we have regional assemblies across the entire UK we should actually drastically reduce the number of MPs.

And the reason it needs one is because you need a strategic overview of the area but Westminster is too remote to fulfil such a role adequately. I would also argue that city regions such as Greater London, Greater Manchester, Greater Birmingham, Merseyside and Tyneside should all have regional assemblies in their own right.

450px-Flag_of_United_Arab_Republicsvg_zpsf4783931.jpg

To donate to the official Fighting The International Zionism charity, call 500 123. With every call you donate 5 British pounds.
Your donations today could save the world of tomorrow from the paws of the evil Jews.​

Contra, man, pretty sure you're in violation of forum policy with that one.

Is it a you-know-what or just four talking marks? I'm not sure.

Is it a you-know-what or just four talking marks? I'm not sure.

I dunno, but what would the German or Austrian authorities think on the subject? I think Contra should take them down.

I dunno, but what would the German or Austrian authorities think on the subject? I think Contra should take them down.

Good point.

That is definitely a swastika.

I think that once we have regional assemblies across the entire UK we should actually drastically reduce the number of MPs.

And the reason it needs one is because you need a strategic overview of the area but Westminster is too remote to fulfil such a role adequately. I would also argue that city regions such as Greater London, Greater Manchester, Greater Birmingham, Merseyside and Tyneside should all have regional assemblies in their own right.

I like this Idea along with regional councils.

Sometimes I wonder how many of Tanzhang's posts are exclusively on Tommy's AARs...

Sometimes I wonder how many of Tanzhang's posts are exclusively on Tommy's AARs...

Sometimes I wonder why people seem to care more about my post count than I do. :p

Shame on you Contravarius!

UEInsGt.jpg

Given that posts in the "fun forums" don't add to the post count they could exceed the stated number!

I just checked for the sake of comparison, and I actually have about as many posts in this thread as I do in the UK Politics thread alone. Why this piece of trivia should interest anyone is beyond me though.

Fuck Anti-Antisemitism and Zionism, We should of created a jewish state out of a predominately jewish area of Prussia or Poland not a settler jewish state in Palestine.

Status
Not open for further replies.