• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enlil, how do you get all this work done so quickly? :0 It's amazing, I wish I had that skill.

Anyway, I wish we had real scholars who could settle the dispute on this thread on what's true and what isn't. And I wish the events were more dynamic (like the synods).

Their pretty flexible, I mean, the councils can go any direction, with the Patriarch making a descision, they then the Pope reacting, and then the Patriarch's final reaction. You can have Monophysite teachings become mainstream, there are even special councils that can disable holy war, or another that fires if Christianity is in peril. They are totally dynamic.

The Opportunity of a Lifetime!

Ladies and Gents, I have a deal to make. There are some events that need to be made, I've said it before, but nobody answered, but now, I have an incentive finally worth your while event modders! Those who help make an event, any event, and it works will get a character of themselves wherever they want in the world. Those who do something truly incredible will get a character, and will get to be on the Historical Dynasty Screen.

Notice: Also, the Handpicked beta-tester team is now available on the front page.

Okay, I need help, I was testing the Second Council of Constantinople event, (it works fine), but I can't seem to get the Uniting the Franks event to work anymore, can anyone help?
Code:
unite_franks = {

is_high_prio = yes
		potential = {
			culture = old_frankish
			k_franks = {
				has_holder = no
			}

AND = {
				has_landed_title = k_salia
				has_landed_title = k_ripuria
			}
		}
		allow = {
			is_adult = yes
			prisoner = no
			NOT = {	trait = incapable }
			war = no
			prestige = 300
			wealth = 250
		}
		effect = {
			wealth = -250
			prestige = 500
			primary_title = {
				k_franks = {
					grant_title = ROOT
					copy_title_laws = PREV
					copy_title_history = PREV
				}
			}
			hidden_tooltip = { k_franks = { make_primary_title = yes } }
			if = {
				limit = {
					OR = {
						k_ripuria = { k_ripuria= no }
					}
				}
				k_ripuria = { destroy_landed_title = THIS }
				activate_title = { title = k_ripuria status = no }
			}
			if = {
				limit = {
					OR = {
						k_salia = { has_holder = no }
					}
				}
				k_salia = { destroy_landed_title = THIS }
				activate_title = { title = k_salia status = no }
			}
			if = {
				limit = { has_nickname = no }
				give_nickname = nick_the_magnificent
			}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}

Okay, I need help, I was testing the Second Council of Constantinople event, (it works fine), but I can't seem to get the Uniting the Franks event to work anymore, can anyone help?
Code:
unite_franks = {

is_high_prio = yes
		potential = {
			culture = old_frankish
			k_franks = {
				has_holder = no
			}

AND = {
			}
		}
		allow = {
			is_adult = yes
			prisoner = no
			NOT = {	trait = incapable }
			war = no
			prestige = 300
			wealth = 250
		}
		effect = {
			wealth = -250
			prestige = 500
			primary_title = {
				k_franks = {
					grant_title = ROOT
					copy_title_laws = PREV
					copy_title_history = PREV
				}
			}
			hidden_tooltip = { k_franks = { make_primary_title = yes } }
			if = {
				limit = {
					OR = {
						[COLOR="#FF0000"]k_ripuria = { k_ripuria= no }[/COLOR]
					}
				}
				k_ripuria = { destroy_landed_title = THIS }
				activate_title = { title = k_ripuria status = no }
			}
			if = {
				limit = {
					OR = {
						k_salia = { has_holder = no }
					}
				}
				k_salia = { destroy_landed_title = THIS }
				activate_title = { title = k_salia status = no }
			}
			if = {
				limit = { has_nickname = no }
				give_nickname = nick_the_magnificent
			}
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}

The line in red is most likely the culprit (should be k_ripuria = { has_holder = no } like the k_salia clause a little later). But why test if ROOT has the k_ripuria and k_salia titles at all? He has to have them because they're requirements (listed in potential clause) to take the decision.

Anyway, I wish we had real scholars who could settle the dispute on this thread on what's true and what isn't.
What dispute?
The Opportunity of a Lifetime!
Time for me to learn how to code events! Was there anything in particular you found yourself desiring?

This mod is a dreamed one for me, thank you !
But I noticed a few inaccuracies -sorry if it has been already said. Avars didn't exist per se in 480 : they arrived in Europe only in the middle of the 6th century. In fact, Avars probably have to be identified with the proto-mongolian Rurans (chinese Ruan-Ruan), who forged an empire in Mongolia in the 5th-6th centuries. Though this hypothesis is discussed, Avars were probably a part of the Rurans who fled the Türks, who had overruled the Rurans in Mongolia. Türks then arrived in Central Asia and in Pontic region pursuing the remnants of the Rurans, who were pushed in the Danubian region, where they etablished the Avar khaganate. Instead of them in the Volga Bassin, at that time, were oghuric peoples as Onoghurs, Kutrighurs, Utrighurs, Bulghars and Sabirs (who are already implemented). So imho, Avars should appear in game as an invasion in the Volga. Just as the Turkic Khaganate in Central Asia, btw : is it in your plan to implement the Western Türkic Empire's invasion in the Hephtalites' era (that would be great) ?
About this last ones, I read this comment :

Hey, so some thoughts on the cultural and religious distributions of Central Asia. You've greatly overrepresented the Tocharians, who should be limited to the Tarim Basin. They were also Buddhist and Zoroastrian, not Steppe Pagan. The areas they occupy currently outside of the Tarim Basin should probably be Turkic culture groups - maybe Turkish or Hunnic - or possibly even Uralic people like the Khanty. They were vassals to the Hepthalites, who were also not Steppe Pagan but a strange syncretic Hindu/Zoroastrian/Mithraism that would be difficult to represent with any of the current religions. They ruled over a Zoroastrian and Buddhist population. The Khwarezmians are overrepresented in the west - the western portion bordering the Caspian Sea would have been occupied by Turkic peoples at this point - and underrepresented in the east - they occupied much more of the Tocharian area. They might be better represented with the name Sogdian instead, a related people who played a more significant historical role, persisted much longer and occupied the majority of that territory. The Sogdians were largely Zoroastrian.

If you're interested in online reading about these groups, here are a couple sources -
The Historical Interactions between the Buddhist and Islamic Cultures before the Mongol Empire by Alexander Berzin
On the Nationality of Hepthalites by Kazuo Enoki - page 46 for interesting information about their religion btw
The Impact of the Silk Road Trade on a Local Community: The Turfan Oasis by Valerie Hansen

It would be in fact a big mistake to create a hephtalite religion of their own. The work of Enoki is now quite oudated (1959), and what he said about their religion is based on his false belief that Hephtalites were of an Iranian-Tokharian stock from Western Himalaya. This hypothesis has been crushed by Etienne de la Vaissière in an article pusblished in 2007 (which can be read online : https://www.academia.edu/1476531/Is_There_a_Nationality_of_the_Hephtalites_). Hephtalites were Hunnic groups from the old Xiongnu empire and who migrated in Bactria from Altai in the middle of the 4th century. In other word they were Turkic (or less probably proto-mongolian), and more precisely Oghuric. And if we read the chinse sources cited by Enoki page 46 of his memoirs, there is absolutly no ambiguity on the fact that it contains a description of a tengrist cult, similar to the traditional turkic-mongolic religion which has its roots in the Xiongnus, and not of a strange hindu-zorastrian melting-pot. In an other way, buddhism may have had an influence amongst them, espcially among ones who were established in Western India and Afghanistan, but we know very few about that, and about Hephtalites in general.

Indeed, Khwarezmians were established in the Amu-Darya's delta, and they had their own independent kingdom in this area. Sogdians were divided in a lot of oasis-kingdoms (in a certain point of view, we could say that Khwarezmians were a sort of Western Sogdians, centered on a larger oasis-kingdom, just as the Macedonians were a sort of Northern Greeks during Antiquity), though a theoritical unified kingdom of Sogdiana existed (maybe a titular kingdom ?). Both were indeed largely zoroastrian, but they didn't practice the same zoroastrianism than the Sassanid Persian, as they never had been conquered by the Sassanians. As the persian zoroastrianism was quite a monotheism (were all the old pantheon of gods became lesser angels), very centralized, with an organized clergy, and was iconoclast, the sogdian one were polytheistic, iconodulist, totally unorganized, with patron deities for each cities. May be it could be represented by a zoroastrian heresy (Sogdian Mazdeism ? Central Asian Mazdeism ?).
Buddhism, manicheism and nestorianism were also well represented sogdian merchant communities, and sogdian trade was very important among all Central Asia. It could be very interesting imo to implement this sogdian trade by a system based on the jewish communities, with small sogdian merchant communities which would established themselves in your domain and with Buddhist or Manicheist Sogdians characters who would pop-up in your court.

Just a few ideas... I'm working on Central Asian history, espacially on Central Asian Nomads' History, so if you need a little help about this part of the map...

Again, thank you for your work, this is a hard task ! Good luck !

The line in red is most likely the culprit (should be k_ripuria = { has_holder = no } like the k_salia clause a little later). But why test if ROOT has the k_ripuria and k_salia titles at all? He has to have them because they're requirements (listed in potential clause) to take the decision.

Thank you so much, I'll try it out now!

Time for me to learn how to code events! Was there anything in particular you found yourself desiring?

Events that are needed:

Flavor events: Barbarian and Roman daily life

Some Church Councils (Not the Second Council of Constantinople )

Legions/Themata for Byzantines or Restored Western Empire

Note: And I'm sorry if I seem lazy by asking so much of you guys, but I decided to give Roman names along with the full Dejure overhaul, and it is taking longer than expected. In a perfect world I would do everything, but so far this is a product of a ton of work, and the events are going to be the hardest part. So don't worry, I'll be carrying my share of the burden; Rise of Islam, Some Councils, and Dejure Overhaul. Thank you all for your support, and the excellent discussions and advice that got the Germanic Religion into proper size, and put the Nabateans in the Middle East.

About the beta testers page

You said I could be a beta tester a while back, when you made the original list. I'm sad when I don't get to try cool stuff. :(

Anyways, sorry for not contributing much. My knowledge on this time period is very slim, which is part of the attraction to me.

About the beta testers page

You said I could be a beta tester a while back, when you made the original list. I'm sad when I don't get to try cool stuff. :(

Anyways, sorry for not contributing much. My knowledge on this time period is very slim, which is part of the attraction to me.

Oh, I am sooooo sorry I forgot, you've been added to the list.

Note: And I'm sorry if I seem lazy by asking so much of you guys, but I decided to give Roman names along with the full Dejure overhaul, and it is taking longer than expected. In a perfect world I would do everything, but so far this is a product of a ton of work, and the events are going to be the hardest part. So don't worry, I'll be carrying my share of the burden; Rise of Islam, Some Councils, and Dejure Overhaul. Thank you all for your support, and the excellent discussions and advice that got the Germanic Religion into proper size, and put the Nabateans in the Middle East.
Please! Don't apologize. Mods that are managed solely by one person trend towards failing. Many hands make light work. That being said, I'll see about trying my hand at some flavor events. My apologies that they won't be anything overly complicated.

Please! Don't apologize. Mods that are managed solely by one person trend towards failing. Many hands make light work. That being said, I'll see about trying my hand at some flavor events. My apologies that they won't be anything overly complicated.

Thank you, I'm going to keep trying to get that uniting the Franks decision to work!

I see two sicilian cultures in the latin group, and I think alastian in the central_germanic group is a typo for alsatian?

Status
Not open for further replies.