• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All conquest, except for various vassals along the way ofcourse. I rushed north early to shut out Muscovy from colonizing, which gave me mostly free reign over the east. Except for various europeans trying to take land in India, and Spain popping up in eastern Siberia.

All conquest, except for various vassals along the way ofcourse. I rushed north early to shut out Muscovy from colonizing, which gave me mostly free reign over the east. Except for various europeans trying to take land in India, and Spain popping up in eastern Siberia.

I did nothing to stop muscovy, I just ate them later through many wars. no one cares when you eat russia so they sit in a coalition alone. I forced PU on Lithuania. Our borders are awfully similar. played basically the same game

get accepted russian culture, same religion, adm idea, enjoy the 25 months coring time by 1700s. You can take 500 oe if you want not going to be difficult to handle it during 25 months...

Last edited:
omg its rev france

LMFAO I'm dead.

Heres an update on my Palatinate game.

Geopolitical Landscape Explanation:

Aragon leading PU over Castille for entire game, allied to me for just as long. Unfortunately this alliance will come to an end very soon, as Aragon has many cores of my vassal, France, that need to be returned.
No western-tech nation can compete with me, I have 200,000 + troops, closest rival in terms of numbers is Ottomans and they seem to be content pushing east and south.
Huge Tunisia, has been growing since the 1550s.

Goals:
Long term:
Own all of Europe up to the Ottoman lands in the South, and up to my buffer vassals Ukraine and Lithuania in the east. Not interested in Denmark or the UK, only continental Europe.

Short term: Smash the last of the remaining coalition members that formed very early in the game, so I can attack Aragon-Castille unhindered, they can form a coalition against me afterward but it will be a coalition of one.
Annex vassal Utrecht, Wurttemberg

nAX9UuN.png

Overall the Palatinate is one of the easier HRE minors to play as, start as elector, 3 high base tax provinces. I just wanted a moderately easy start for my first game of 1.5. I got it, let me tell you. 1.5 takes a lot more patience on my part than 1.1. Looking for opportunities. Playing the political landscape. Coalitions are over 9000 times more ridiculous than 1.1

War with Aragon was pretty rough.

Id9IFRc.png

QGN5cD1.png

In the end, though, we triumphed. France got their cores back, I annexed them...

Not a name you see on the map everyday.

0AQbsUh.png

Also

Colonies can make war with one another without calling in the mother countries? Q_q.

8DNQF2m.png

Last edited:
Paging Emperor Trajan:

zBcdFel.jpg

I'm not sure what the precise eastern border ought to be with Germany (and I probably ought to clean up Flanders) but I think this pretty much matches Trajan's empire. Currently at 85% OE in 1758 with Castille and Portugal alone in the coalition against me, so there's a little more time to grow.

Of course, there's also the Eastern Roman Empire:

3InxsOG.jpg

The borders there aren't as nice (for some reason Ming culture converted those coastal provinces and blew up the Zhou cores), I didn't want to do anything that would distract from finishing up Iberia. Annexing Oirat Horde and Shun to complete the Imperial Trans-Himalayan passage essentially removed money and manpower as considerations, which was nice. I made a few moves into India but finishing it up would have taken resources that were needed out west.

Lithuania fell into my lap as a PU stolen from Austria. Everything else was vassals and conquering. I do like how the map shook out with a little barbarian pocket for the HRE to muck around in.

The barbarians largely insisted on going their own way in finding God:

Jac6slB.jpg

A few pockets follow the direction of the "pope"; they appear in their way to be mimicking the trappings of the Patriarchy. It's flattering, really. It's like they want to be part of the empire, but don't quite understand how.

4sCtwqu.jpg

Good times.

Now that is beautiful. And rare. Most of the Byzantiums (or Ottomans) chicken out and only get Naples, Rome and then head East. That Eastern trail to Ming is cute, too :)

About Germany, just clear the Alps, IMO.

My first 'finished' EUIV game as Brandenburg>Prussia>Germany
2014-05-04_00011_zps174b54e6.jpg

Not really as impressive as it looks as I got Austria in a lucky PU:
(Austria before annexation)
eu4_7_zps9825eca2.png

I was emperor of the HRE for most of the late game but eventually gave up this position in favor of getting the 'Ruin Imperii' achievement.

World map:
eu4_map_GER_1821_01_02_1_zps0368b0e1.png

Euraisa:
2014-05-04_00012_zpsc6b5e3cb.jpg

New World:
2014-05-04_00014_zps9f11a054.jpg

Religon:
2014-05-04_00021_zps12685ab3.jpg

Diplomacy/vassals:
2014-05-04_00019_zps1e24ede6.jpg

2014-05-04_00017_zps559a9f7d.jpg

That futile last minute for i entered to make my borders look prettier:
2014-05-04_00015_zps28b43b9b.jpg

End screen:
eu4_9_zps4341d670.png

Really hope I uploaded the the photos correctly :/
Quite suprised at the Mughal fromation

Today's themes:
1. Blob (Kanem Bornu), blobbier (Qara Qoyunlu), blobbiest (Tibet)
2. Kick the white man out of our continent (Kanem Bornu follow up)

Ironman Tibet.

It's ridiculously easy to beat up on Ming. I almost felt sorry for the guys. After that there's a rush to vassalize as much as possible out of India and then westernize.
Honestly, if Tibet can do this, with Ming or the Timurids you should be at Austria's door by late game.

Also, I never thought I'd live the day where my best ally would be the HRE. The Ottomans were huge and even though their troops were paper they were allied for a long time to 1 or 2 European countries + they had incredible amounts of troops and manpower. Once Austria formed the HRE we started pounding on them from the West and the East.
I'd say that Austria won the game, I would have needed 50 more years to really pull ahead of them.

Ideas: Diplomatic/Exploration/Innovative/Defensive/Offensive/Administrative/Quality/Naval.

Political map:

Diplomatic map:

World map - Castille and Great Britain got most of the Americas.

Europe - second game I see the HRE forming and also second game I see Revolutionary France. Unfortunately for the French Aragon and the HRE were too strong for them.

End game screen:

I think I'm going to take a break until 1.6 comes out.
I want another major campaign but I'm not sure what to start...

Last edited:
Which provinces would you say make up the border? The rivers aren't exactly labeled on the map.

I've done some research and according to my knowledge the missing provinces are: Graz, Steiermark, Linz, Memmingen, Wien, Munchen, Augsburg, Ulm, Wurttemberg, Heidelberg, Baden, Mainz, Pfaltz, Trier, Elsass, Metz, Lothingen, Zurich, St Gallen, Bern, Waldstatte, Breisgau. There might be more or less, but I couldn't exactly see which you already possess. Also it needs to be pointed out that due to shape that some provinces have bordes need to differ.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Just finished my Austrian campaign:

-In my game everything went according to plan. I inherited burgundy in the middle 1400's.
-My Habsburg line died out unfortunately, but instead it gave me the Trastámara hegemony!
-There were 5 Trastámara kings eventually: Austria, Saxony, Napels, Castille, Great Britain.
-I forced Union on Napels in the early 1500's
-I forced Union on Hungary through Austrian events.
-I forced a Union on Castille in the 1700's, it was a diffucult war, which I heavilly lost at the beginning. Eventually I won after a 12 years war.
-In the meantime during the war with Castille, Anne I Trastámara died childless, luckily I claimed the throne of GB.
-By 1770's my Austrian Archduke became the supreme leader of Europe, leading Unions with Castille, GB, Genoa (oh yes, also claimed throne): whereas Napels and Hungary were integrated in the late 1500's.

Before the game ended I managed to integrate Genoa and Castille. Due to religious, competition issues I did not manage to integrate GB. Nevertheless, the integration of Castille made me a true powerhouse even without having Britain, besides, it would also give me a headache with religious and revolutionary revolts if I chose to integrate GB. Castille was the best option, as they were the score leading nation of the world and truly catholic. The choice for me as Austria was easy.

Look at these nice pics ofmy campaign. It was of course played in Iron man. I am a bit sad I did not manage to achieve the Ruin Imperia achievement, by dissolving the HRE (as the HRE was full of heretic elector I did not manage to get their support for my election). I was constantly involved in seperate wars. I roulated allies pretty much as well, to achieve the best situation as possible.

-Sweden: quality troops and always involved. I liked them to have as an ally, detested as enemy of course haha:D
-GB: Powerful navy, armies were competent but often of stage because of the distant wars.
-Castille: Very powerful alround, had same dynasty from beginning when Habsburg ended. Castille helped me to win the game, sadly I had to backstab them for my own profit.
-France: Was a very helpful ally in the 1400's too defeat Burgundy and to achieve the Burgundian inheritance goal. Then I sided quickly with England and Castille to backstab France. (They asked for it when I was Emperor and they annexed Liège.
-Poland was a very valuable ally in the 1400/1500's to have a counterweight against Russia, as it was always involved in succession wars against me. Besides, in my game the Rurikovich dynasty was the second dominant after the Trastámaras. Fighting Sweden/Russia proved to be a pain in the arse. It proved to be effective to let them come to me, rather than to siege Moscow and lose 200K men.
-Ottoman Empire stayed my enemy throughout the game. You can see it ripped to shreds, this was my doing. They were simply too powerful.
-I controlled the curia 95% of the time.
-I controlled the Emperor's Seat 45% of the time.
-My ideas where:
1.Diplomacy > I diplo-vassalized some German states to have their support, in the long run it made me have enemies in the Empire, thus not backing my candidature for Emperor in the long run.
2.Quality > By 1500's my armies were the finest. I waited in the Alps and crushed French armies before sieging their lands.
3.Defensive > I was aiming to have the best generals by achieving army tradition of 100, crème de la crème with 3 stars. I had some in the 1600/1700's. They were magnificent in defeating the French and Ottomans. Also served well in Castille.
4.Quantity > By 1600's, I wanted to build bigger armies to withstand enemy coaltions. Quantity made it possible to build up to 200K men.
5.Innovative > By the end of 1600's, I wanted to be the best in everything as a nation and went for innovation.
6.Offensive> By the early 1700's I went for the offensive idea
7.Espionage> my attempt to regain the Imperial Crown from the heretics failed unfortunately, hoped to regain it by sabotage Saxon and Bavarian Rep.
8.Naval> By the end of 1700's, I was achieving allround power. I aimed at building up a grand trade fleet to gain enough wealth from the London trade center which was a real Gold mine! It damaged however the relotion with the British in the long run, preventing me to integrate them into my powerful Austrian nation.

I ended the game with a war against France, taking some provinces from them and to have a connection with my mainland.

I really enjoy this game. And the big nations such as Austria, France, England, Russia, Zweden, Castille, Ottomans and Poland have a set of nice events that make this game very grand!

EDIT: Why can't I post attachments?
Just use imgur.com

Which provinces would you say make up the border? The rivers aren't exactly labeled on the map.

But don't take more than you need. Don't even think about moving your legions east of Elbe river. Remember what you happened with bravo Roman legioners when they tried to conquer those Germanic barbarians.

But don't take more than you need. Don't even think about moving your legions east of Elbe river. Remember what you happened with bravo Roman legioners when they tried to conquer those Germanic barbarians.
Wartburg-Philipp.von.Hessen.JPG

Does he look scary? Go forth, my Roman brother, the time of the Germans has passed!