• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That, my friend -- THAT was a plot twist. Who's Emperor of the HRE now? Are you going to take down the HRE from within?

Wait what! Now I don't play EU IV, but did that ONE PROVINCE revolt really cause you to flip into a noble republic? WTF?

The glorious republic of Austria. Wait. That doesn't sound right. That puts the cat among the pigeons. Now for the hard part, staying alive ling enough to complete the PU with Bohemia. I like the fact that you're still there to deal with the aftermath of the revolution. Still the brightside is that you've a revolutionary war cb against pretty much everyone. You could always incite royal revolutionaries and hope that works. A war to regain Sundgau - I've always wondered why that particular province never revolts or defects. Now, I know the devastation to Austria were that ever to happen. Now, I have to go and stifle a laugh - though I am sure that wasn't the emotion flowing through you.

Quick, grab Bohemia before they run!
:D

Gottverdammt!

Ah, German. The language of Goethe, Schiller, and Kant... And one that's well-suited for some nice swearing. :)

Now, call me dense (I've been called far worse), but how did those uppity Swiss peasants in faraway and isolated Sundgau manage to bring the rest of the Austrian Empire to its knees? Shouldn't they have, perhaps, occupied all your other provinces? Or at least your capital? I will freely admit (as it is already patently obvious) that I'm confused by this turn of events.

So, in a nutshell you have the revolutionary war CB on all and sundry, but perhaps not quite the resources to pull out a Napoleon and rearrange most of Europe as you see fit. I expect a maelstrom of blood for your final 5-year stretch, probably a lot of it coming from Austrian troops and peasants as you get torn apart by a coalition of angry neighborss, My Little Ponies, the Horsehead Nebula, etc. etc.

Yes...tear apart Europe in a revolutionary rage! Hang the Kings! Free the pea- I mean nobles! Burn Hungary, France, Swizerland, Russia, Sweden, England, and everyone else that stands in your way! MWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHHHAAHAHHHHAHahhahaahhahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahhahahha......bwa.

Dang. Sundgau has balls to take down the entire Austrian Archduchy.

Also, I've heard there's a Random Character button in CK2. Could be an interesting game.

He'd have to survive 5 terms :eek:

Problem is: One Term in a Noble Republic is 8 years so 5 terms are 40 years. Cat probably won't stay this long in Austria. If we are lucky Johan grants him another good roll next time to see the next elections but after then it's bye bye Austria. :sad:

Ouch! Well, if you were playing Austria for the long term this could be a major setback - but when there is a fair chance that your next turn will be your last...

I thought Noble Republics were unique in that as a republic you can still have Royal Marriages?

Indeed, but you still lose your royal marriages, if you are overthrown by peasants.

Wait what! Now I don't play EU IV, but did that ONE PROVINCE revolt really cause you to flip into a noble republic? WTF?

It seems that all the rebels from that province got to enforce their demands, and the peasants that spawned there got their 50% shot at making a republic.

Also, I'm pretty sure you won't lose your PU if you swap republic leaders as a noble republic. but only pretty sure.

Verdammt. Double verdammt.

If the rebels conquer the province and they're not crushed for several years, yes. Sounds about right - a part of our mostly feudal kingdom has been taken over by revolutionaries and nobody opposed them. Sure, the correct way to do it would be by conquering the capital, but this is a decent approximation and better, IMO, gameplay-wise.

If the rebels conquer the province and they're not crushed for several years, yes. Sounds about right - a part of our mostly feudal kingdom has been taken over by revolutionaries and nobody opposed them. Sure, the correct way to do it would be by conquering the capital, but this is a decent approximation and better, IMO, gameplay-wise.
It seems lie you could exploit that. Surround an enemy province, let it rebel and wait for the rebels to enforce the demands while refusing military access.

Rebels usually neeed to hold the capital to get ticking demand-score. I didn't think revolutionaries got ticking demand-score from any province, but may be that allow them to be more hurtful than mere peasant.