• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This stayed really interest up until the end. Also liked hearing about the diplomacy you had as well and the way the Soviet player was feeling so frustrated at his Allies when he was struggling to survive.

Hope there might be future exercises like this we can hear about.

Wow, this is ridiculous. Joint Forces Command is extremely short-sighted, the whole notion of infallibility is simply bizarre. Thumbs up for Mr Van Riper for showing some creativity and initiative.

Really? How many times do I have to see that, and how many times will I have to address it? I'm not bothering to this time.

Really? How many times do I have to see that, and how many times will I have to address it? I'm not bothering to this time.

Based on the stance presented by Cybvep and the Wikipedia article, and your stance on the issue of the Millennium Challenge 2002, the Wikipedia position seems to be more credible, logical and supported with evidence.

Wow, this is ridiculous. Joint Forces Command is extremely short-sighted, the whole notion of infallibility is simply bizarre. Thumbs up for Mr Van Riper for showing some creativity and initiative.

He did swarm tactics in the beginning with some rather ridiculous pretexts. Ok, that suceeded, now what? Just end the experiment? They refloated the invasion fleet and told him, ok noted now try defeating us under these circumstances. Over and over. The very point of a war game exercise.

To reduce confusion, let's keep comments in this AAR strictly to the contents of this superb AAR; you can always open a thread in OT to discuss the Millennium Exercise.

Very interesting. The Lt. Col.'s comments on DH's learning curve and the time taken to generate AARs are things I guess we can all sympathize with!

How did y'all DH devs feel about the military folk you were working with?

On the Russian Front in November 1942 I would have concentrated all efforts on moving the Frontline away from Stalingrad, after that crush the pocket.
This would disrupt any operation to rescue the 6th army, the Germans would have also have to move valuable divisions from other parts of the front to the south to hold the line.
And no, I would have not overstretch as IRL ;).
Imo the Soviet player(s) did not handle the eastern front very well.

I would have loved to participate in a event like this, I am a bit jealous!

I would really be interested in seeing a multiplayer game between the USMC guys and some of our high-quality players.

Only if our best players also have to take the USMC on in hand to hand combat. That's only fair.
This could not be truer. :)
And no, without me :confused:

Extremely interesting! How many divisions Soviets lost and how many they had in the end? How large losses they were able to cause to the Germans?

Did Germany detach and reattach the AA Brigades? That's what I would have done. give all the beach security forces and preferrably all forces in italy and france some aa.

Also Lucifer, where did you see axis winning?

Will get student feedback this week. Will post highlights (both good and bad).
Any update on this? Curious to hear about it :)