• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the propotoinal representation passes, will we be allowed to change votes?
Also,I am actually considering to vote for Labour this time.

If the propotoinal representation passes, will we be allowed to change votes?
:mad:

I have a two word response to this: the first is a euphemism for sexual intercourse and the second is "you." ;)

:mad:

I have a two word response to this: the first is a euphemism for sexual intercourse and the second is "you." ;)
Oh, but I can't possibly understand what you mean :p
Anyway, if I were you people, I would definatly not vote for the Conservatives at this point. Trust me, I know.
Also tommy, regarding the deadline, what do you mean by Midday UK Time?

Last edited:
Well 12 O'clock during the day at GMT.
Thanks.
Also, is there a minimum that the votes need to pass, in order for propotional representation to be carried out, like a 75% of the votes being "yes" or something like that?

Thanks.
Also, is there a minimum that the votes need to pass, in order for propotional representation to be carried out, like a 75% of the votes being "yes" or something like that?

I certainly hope not. Although it would be ironic if a referendum on PR saw a majority vote yes, but due to some strange clause in the voting system the result didn't stand.

Thanks.

There is no clause like this. A Yes vote would basically give the next government a very heavy obligation to pass through some sort of voting reform - but they'd need something that could get through parliament. So your regular general election votes could have a big impact on what system we eventually end up with in the event of a yes vote.

Since quite a few are voting only on one issue and may come back to vote again I ask that people don't bold party names or answers to the referendum unless they are voting. If you are just campaigning please keep it normal unbolded.

So, hrm: not voting Orange, not fond of the One Nationist cavalier attitude still, the Rightist's foreign policy is surprisingly appealing, the Commies are laughably still here, Labour also has a foreign policy that is fairly appealing, and... why do the Nat Libs call to me so? I find myself frightfully called towards them, as their foreign policy seems fairly sound, and banning the Commies from turning the country upside down (abandoning NATO and joining the Warsaw Pact a good 15 years too late) would be appealing too... Yet, decisions to be made still.

Anyone wish to make a case for the Liberals (Yellow), Rightists, Labour, or Nat Libs?

Last edited:
Pretty likely.

And what will the yellows have to say about that? One rather gets the impression that the hardcore beardy liberals aren't just going to roll over and die.

And what will the yellows have to say about that? One rather gets the impression that the hardcore beardy liberals aren't just going to roll over and die.

They, of course, would be most displeased! Seems unlikely they would take kindly to attempts to reshape their party.

Buts lets see how the votes go before predicting the future :p.

YES to PR.

Liberal (Yellow) for the general election.

However, I must express my most severe displeasure that Lords Reform is not a Liberal manifesto policy when it has been a long cherished aim of the Liberals (above PR, even) since 1911.

Anyone wish to make a case for the Liberals (Yellow), Rightists, Labour, or Nat Libs?
Ummm... Liberals are weak, so are Labour, Natlibs are mostly Enewaldists and other sorts of losers.
Vote Powell, Poll-Pole. Everyone is welcome in the ranks of the Rightists, didn't You see? Come, join us.

Last edited:

A vote for either Labour or the Yellows will weaken the strength of Callaghan, although a vote for Labour moreso than one for the yellows (i.e a vote for either yellow or orange is still a vote for the Liberals, and if the Liberals win the Orangists would likely still be able to excersise some influence even if the yellows are the dominant faction - likewise for Powell and Macmillan vis a vis the Tories.) Nat Libs are still the wasted vote they've always been, that leaves Labour.

However, I must express my most severe displeasure that Lords Reform is not a Liberal manifesto policy when it has been a long cherished aim of the Liberals (above PR, even) since 1911.

I think Tommy's deliberately waiting for Wedgie and his peerage before making the Lords an electoral issue.

And why should I wish to weaken Callaghan? :huh: I mean, I'm not particularly taken with his attempts to turn the Liberals into Labour lite, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.