• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So bascially you want to unite the Commonwealth into one sovereign state?

Why not, with local provinces sharing much of the internal administration.
A confederation of equal states, united for making the future a better place to live.

I believe the whole world is on a road, where nations becomes closer culturally and economically, where in the future crimes will be settled in courts instead of the battlefields. Call me a utopian pacifist, but I can dream on.

If you compare my posts from Let the ruling classes tremble, you would know that Contravarious is very moderate. :p
Very moderate?
How's THAT for moderate?!
Caesaropope_zps712c430b.jpg

I was chosen by Heavens,
I was crowned by Blood, Will and Right, not by the Church, as my rule is divine.
My time has come, I have no alligeance, I swear no oath.
I'm your Lord and Protector, my rule shall be questioned by none.
Say my name when you pray, say Contravarius Rex.
All embrace me, I'm your Caesaropope, God and King, Autokrator of All Britannias, Augustus Invictus Nobilissimus, Pater Patriae, Father of the Paper Hats.

Last edited:
At least he gave us the Code Napoléon. It could have been much, much worse. :p

At least he gave us the Code Napoléon. It could have been much, much worse. :p

And he said that Jews should retake Israel, and gave the land the name Palestina as a form of latinfied version. Something most don't know :p So when people say Palestine should have all of the holy land they actually say "The Jewish people should have all of the Holy Land".

But yes Napoleon actually did many good things socially :)

And he said that Jews should retake Israel, and gave the land the name Palestina as a form of latinfied version. Something most don't know :p

But yes Napoleon actually did many good things socially :)

That's why Enewald's Contra's choice of autocrat is so amusing. :)

That's why Enewald's Contra's choice of autocrat is so amusing. :)
((Honestly ol' Bonaparte was the first NEW monarch type opposing the OLD monarch type that popped into my head. That, and I always liked this original picture, he looks just so MAGNIFICENT.
Also, he too crowned himself.))

((Honestly ol' Bonaparte was the first NEW monarch type opposing the OLD monarch type that popped into my head. That, and I always liked this original picture, he looks just so MAGNIFICENT.
Also, he too crowned himself.))

Perhaps you'd prefer something a bit more British?

fc939af02417f752f2976d183e64d89b_zps9b5e2ca7.jpg

Very moderate?
How's THAT for moderate?!
Caesaropope_zps712c430b.jpg

I was chosen by Heavens,
I was crowned by Blood, Will and Right, not by the Church, as my rule is divine.
My time has come, I have no alligeance, I swear no oath.
I'm your Lord and Protector, my rule shall be questioned by none.
Say my name when you pray, say Contravarius Rex.
All embrace me, I'm your Caesaropope, God and King, Autokrator of All Britannias, Augustus Invictus Nobilissimus, Pater Patriae, Father of the Paper Hats.

You are one poor little autocratic servant of statism. You rely on the servants to keep you alive, you base your 'rights' on imaginary products of the weak mind.

My sole aim is the utter destruction of what possibly you could use to keep yourself in power. The destruction of state itself, the abolition of oppression.
However many Marxists, Leninists or Trotskyist might have to be bled dry, in the end anarchy will prevail.

Your claims are based on imaginary concepts, in the nature you are nothing.
Autocracy is a dead idea.
The future belongs to anarchy, to the liberated masses, to the free acting men.
You cannot suppress action, unless you suppress humanity itself.

Your rule lasts only as long as you breathe. Afterwards, it will be just a faint memory.
The concept of anarchism is based on the primordial longing for freedom, something that will echo long after the vanguard of anarchism has withered into dust, the concept of a free acting man cannot be vanquished.

The tyrants die one after another, but the quest for freedom will continue.

In the end, you are null and void.

:p

(In let the ruling classes tremble I would have demanded your execution, and your head on a plate a few dozen times already)

[Furthermore, Lenin must be killed.] :cool:

Perhaps you'd prefer something a bit more British?
((I actually have always liked the ring that "Lord Protector" has to it, but Cromwell was FAR too ordinary, unrefined. He was small and tiny and ugly, but I breathe magnificence.))

snip snip

As I've said free-trade is the minimum requirement for entering. However as I've mentioned most nations won't accept most of these terms right now. Therefore it is better to start in the small, and one step at the time to liberalize the markets and integrate the countries politically. One common military right now is extremely impracrical. It is better to have national armed forces. However the Commonwealth nations are in an alliance (for those who want so) promising tonaid eachother in the event of war. Also it would be a join command structure like it was in WWII. That means during war time the alliance's armed forces will be directed and coordinated centrally. Making it de-facto one armed forces. During peace time it is handled independetly by each nation.

And for nukes, that is why we need to limit them to only us ideally.

As I've said free-trade is the minimum requirement for entering.

You do realise that the Commonwealth sans Britain was staunchly protectionist, don't you?

You do realise that the Commonwealth sans Britain was staunchly protectionist, don't you?

Free-trade between the member states in the CEA. Otherwise it would make no sense to crea te a Commonwealth Economical Area.

Free-trade between the member states in the CEA. Otherwise it would make no sense to crea te a Commonwealth Economical Area.

It's still going to be quite an effort to get the Dominions to agree to that.

So many comments since I last checked the thread. I'll address a few points raised.

The referendum on electoral reform question will be kept pretty general and overly complicated systems will be avoided. At present I am going with the question ''Should Britain adopt an electoral system based upon Proportional Representation for all future elections and abandon the Westminster System?''

This also leaves whichever government is elected in '63 some leeway of how they would like to implement the new system in the event of a YES vote.

I actually wrote the two Liberal faction manifestos before reading all your discussions and quite a few of your ideas were already in, one or two got added and a few didn't make the cut. An interesting read though.

I'm sorry that the Communists didn't get a mention in the last update - despite rising to a level of size where they deserved something. The party description will be useful for them in this election to give a little detail on what they've been up to.

Labour will also get some elaboration in its description - I'm sure you all want to hear how the odd couple Wilson-Gaitskell leadership has been going :p.

Election should open either tomorrow or the next day. A large number of manifestos to write ....

Labour will also get some elaboration in its description - I'm sure you all want to hear how the odd couple Wilson-Gaitskell leadership has been going :p.

So Gaitskell's still, you know...?

Status
Not open for further replies.