• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you just say that adopting PR would be akin to the Libs committing seppuku?

Yes indeed. While they are in opposition they give away promises. But once they get this kind of majority they'll want to cling on to that power, and in turn they will not fulfill the promises they were elected because of to keep their majority. In other words they don't do what they are supposed to do because they want to be in power for the sake of being in power.

In other words they don't do what they are supposed to do because they want to be in power for the sake of being in power.
Well, you can't really blame them, now can you? It's in human nature to cling to every bit of power and authority you can.

Yes indeed. While they are in opposition they give away promises. But once they get this kind of majority they'll want to cling on to that power, and in turn they will not fulfill the promises they were elected because of to keep their majority. In other words they don't do what they are supposed to do because they want to be in power for the sake of being in power.
\\

Man you really hate us don't you! :(

Could you give us a chance?

\\

Man you really hate us don't you! :(

Could you give us a chance?

I don't hate you. I just think you'll jeapordize our security, our position as a global power. And the growing nationalization programs is most concerning for the economy and general wealth - same with denying most industries military contacts. And the growing state is an even greater concern to the individual liberties, and the Liberal party will soon end up as the New Labour. So they should name themselves New Labour instead of Liberal Party.

((Yes I did that on purpose as New Labour is the term used for. A more conservative labour party :p ))

I say we put PR up for a referendum. I like the system, and I'm quite sure that it's more democratic, but shouldn't those who are voting have a say in the matter?

I agree. But ironically as we've seen many Liberals are not open to refferendums as they think the parties are enough representation.

I say we put PR up for a referendum. I like the system, and I'm quite sure that it's more democratic, but shouldn't those who are voting have a say in the matter?

I couldn't agree more – not in the least so the matter can be thwarted at the polls and put to bed. :D

I couldn't agree more – not in the least so the matter can be thwarted at the polls and put to bed. :D

Most of the non-government parties would like it. And still those in the Liberal party who are bot driven by power. It is high risk high gain situation for both sides :)

I legitimately want that and lords reform because we can!

I agree. I want democracy to flourish. And not elitism and traditionalism. If by lords reform you mean going away from that the few and priveledged form the Upper House. Either it is no upper house, or it is like it is in USA or Germany. Think about it, we could have PR in the lower house and then a few representatives from each Country in the Upper House. Either elected like the US Senate ormsent by the Country government like in the German Upper House.

Contravarius, any news on "The Rt. Hons. Mk. II"?
((Hey, I have stuff to do! It's most probably gonna take A LOT longer than the last one. But I assure you, the result will be worth the wait.))

Also, it's Caesaropope DOM Contravarius, my dear Viscount.

((Hey, I have stuff to do! It's most probably gonna take A LOT longer than the last one. But I assure you, the result will be worth the wait.))

Also, it's Caesaropope DOM Contravarius, my dear Viscount.

My apologies, My Right Honourable Friend. :D

Good to here it's a work in progress, though.

Heh, I would be unsurprised if I am dropped from the Right Honourables Mk. II.

((Phah. How acquainted are you with the American famous folkrock legends from the 60s?))

Like Simon and Garfunkel (who, at this point in time, are overcoming as "Tom and Jerry".)?

Status
Not open for further replies.