• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My questions: How likely is it we'll see Victoria III ? And when ?

Will EVERY ( every single one including runemaster ) new PDS game use EU IV's business model ?

Is there any chance you'll release an EU IV internal-poltics DLC ( factions etc. )

Will PDS ever release a 4x space-game ?

Are you going to overhaul your victoria 2 POP and econ-system and use it in other games ( adjusted to the era ) ? [ In some years or so as average computation power is rising, as it always was ]

When will you drop support for WinXP?

My questions: How likely is it we'll see Victoria III ? And when ?

Hopefully some day, I would love to work on V3. Would probably be a while though, its not in development now.

Will EVERY ( every single one including runemaster ) new PDS game use EU IV's business model ?

Can't say for certain, but as long as it works and people like it I see no reason to change

Is there any chance you'll release an EU IV internal-poltics DLC ( factions etc. )

no idea, I'm not on EU team

Will PDS ever release a 4x space-game ?

That would be pretty cool. its often something that comes up in discussions at the pub so hopefully some day

Are you going to overhaul your victoria 2 POP and econ-system and use it in other games ( adjusted to the era ) ? [ In some years or so as average computation power is rising, as it always was ]

Its not about computing power as much as it is about design. it doesnt fit into most of the other games very well. Say in HoI3, when would you have time to manage your pops? you are busy with other stuff the game focuses on. V2 has detailed pops because that is the core of that game.

When will you drop support for WinXP?

When our gamers stop using it

Thread title and OP say I can ask PDS anything. And I wanted to know that, and PDS knows it. So I asked.
Obviously, the 'anything' has to be to do with PDS. The OP also says
Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
The forum software has its own specific forum, so questions about it belong there. Furthermore the forum is not a PDS facility, but is run by PI. This thread is only for PDs-specific questions that are not covered by other areas. Please respect our wishes in this matter, thank you.

Its not about computing power as much as it is about design. it doesnt fit into most of the other games very well. Say in HoI3, when would you have time to manage your pops? you are busy with other stuff the game focuses on. V2 has detailed pops because that is the core of that game.
But everybody loves the system and if it's overhauled some times, it'll fit in any PDS game ( almost ), and it's always quite nice to a have an economy simulation ( even if it's a bit weird, I'm looking at you V2 world-market ) and the pop system is always fun to look at. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would like it ( at least I would ).
So is there any chance that'll PDS eventually overhaul and integrate the system ( as well as change their design choice ) and include in their other game's as a DLC for example ?

How often does PDS use pub ideas as the base for real stuff ? Has it ever happened so far ?

I don't see a change as radical as the addition of pops ever being done with a DLC.
Different PDS games have different philosophies.
EU is about blobbing, not about managing your population. In CK you manage VIPs, not peasants. HoI is a wargame. In the era covered by Vic, popular movements were extremely important, as were demographic changes caused by industrialization, that's why your population is so important in that game.
I don't think those fundamental design choice are going to change anytime soon.

So.... you're saying it will definitely be developed in the next 2-3 years, on your honour as a Lind?

I recommend that we now work further on cryogenics, so that we may wake up when Victoria 3 is released.

Is there any non-PDS game that's played by the entire studio (or the vast majority) if there is one who is the best at it?

How is the Coffee vs Tea drinker ratio within the studio?

Is running permitted within the office (on that matter, how much space does PDS actually occupy (to be vassal-fed?)?)?

Last edited:
Is there any non-PDS game that's played by the entire studio (or the vast majority) if there is one who is the best at it?

How is the Coffe vs Tea drinker ration within the studio?

Is running permitted within the office (on that matter, how much space does PDS actually occupy (to be vassal-fed?)?)?

I believe running is permitted within the office, as long as it's not with scissors.

I'm not sure if there are any particular games currently being played by the whole studio. There are quite a few people who enjoy StarCraft 2. In my corner of the office, a bunch of us have been playing the Wargame: Red Dragon beta lately. About a year ago, several of us went through something of a phase and we all started playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. We tried to organize a few PBEM multiplayer games, but they all fell through after a few turns. It was fun while it lasted, though. Lots of Chairman Yang quotes being thrown around.

Not sure about the coffee/tea ratio, but it's coffee for me at least. We have two different coffee machines, and opinions are divided on which one is best (the correct answer is the one in the kitchen).

How often does PDS use pub ideas as the base for real stuff ? Has it ever happened so far ?

I'm not saying everything we discuss in the pub make it into the games, but every game we make started in the pub.

How is the Coffee vs Tea drinker ratio within the studio?

Not right now, but when I started I had to start playing EVE to have something to talk about during lunch. EVERYONE played.
Sadly, more coffee drinkers. I'm of the chocolate drinking tribe myself, but tea is allright.
I guess we could run. We have quite a large place imho, one and a half floor of a skyscraper.

Any chance to get a photo of each dev's work space? Would probably tell more about the person than their actual photo.

Any chance to get a photo of each dev's work space? Would probably tell more about the person than their actual photo.

LWYWmVJ.jpg

Dont judge me

I spot labels on your keyboard. I am unimpressed.

I spy HoI4 with funny colors.