• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a little too extreme my friend - not in the way of your correctnes, but for our favor as othes may take us unseriously. I still think it is better to call him Mister instead of some hiearchal coercive title. But I still like to call them only by their names.

There is one devotee of Bismarckism I know of who nurses a hope that one day we will all address each other by our National Insurance numbers. I myself am rather more traditional in that regard. If Viscount Blair wishes to be referred to as such then I am happy to oblige him - just as I oblige the gentleman of no fixed abode in Kirkwall who wishes to be addressed as His Excellency the Mackerel Emperor.

I find that Mister is problematic due to the way in which women are obliged to go either by Missus or Miss depending on their age and marital status. Therefore I would recommend Citizen Blair if you wish to treat him in an equal position to all humans.

How about we just go by Parliamentary custom and use "The Right Honourable Gentleman", "My Right Honourable Friend" or "the Right Honourable Member for North Norfolk"?

Imagine all states disappeared overnight. Would you start building bombs the next morning and throwing them around? If so, why? :p

Rich and powerful people would start to organize state like organizations of their own. The militaries would also do the same.

Imagine all states disappeared overnight. Would you start building bombs the next morning and throwing them around? If so, why? :p

I would happily build and throw bombs to eliminate the irritating drone of Hayekians.

There is one devotee of Bismarckism I know of who nurses a hope that one day we will all address each other by our National Insurance numbers. I myself am rather more traditional in that regard. If Viscount Blair wishes to be referred to as such then I am happy to oblige him - just as I oblige the gentleman of no fixed abode who wishes to be addressed as His Excellency the Mackerel Emperor.

Well technically in spoken address it would be "Lord Blair of Dunny-on-the-Wold", but that's incredibly long-winded. "The Right Honourable Gentleman" is fine. :)

How about we just go by Parliamentary custom and use "The Right Honourable Gentleman", "My Right Honourable Friend" or "the Right Honourable Member for North Norfolk"?

Member sound good.

I would happily build and throw bombs to eliminate the irritating drone of Hayekians.
That say more about you than the "Hayekians".

There is one devotee of Bismarckism I know of who nurses a hope that one day we will all address each other by our National Insurance numbers. I myself am rather more traditional in that regard. If Viscount Blair wishes to be referred to as such then I am happy to oblige him - just as I oblige the gentleman of no fixed abode in Kirkwall who wishes to be addressed as His Excellency the Mackerel Emperor.

Then how can you support the whole thing that Mister is discrminating against females? Aristocracy are an actual hiearchy based upon patriarchy.

Member sound good.

"Right Honourable" stems only from the fact that I'm a Privy Counsellor. Surely that's not too elitist?

In fact, you're one too, aren't you?

Then how can you support the whole thing that Mister is discrminating against females? Aristocracy are an actual hiearchy based upon patriarchy.

I think it is discrimination if someone is obliged to use Mr, Mrs, Miss or any other such honorific against their wishes. If they prefer to use one then that is their own choice and it should be respected. That is after all the bedrock of Liberal Feminism - about ensuring that everyone has as free a choice over every matter in their life as possible and about recognising in particular that much needs to be achieved to deliver this for women.

"Right Honourable" stems only from the fact that I'm a Privy Counsellor. Surely that's not too elitist?

In fact, you're one too, aren't you?

I meant that "Right Honorable Member" sound good. Same with friend and gentleman too.

When I think of it, I want to be adressed as "Right Honourable Gentleman" just to challenge the norms.

So, you would under normal circumstances be eager to bomb other things or people, but somehow the state limits your passion to bomb? :eek:

Under normal circumstances I would not be eager to bomb things or people, however in the absence of a state and the social contract that is its foundation then I would be prepared to accept the tarnishing of my soul in order to achieve the greater good, and indeed significantly greater peace and quiet, that would come from eliminating the extremely irritating Hayekian wing of the NLP.

I think it is discrimination if someone is obliged to use Mr, Mrs, Miss or any other such honorific against their wishes. If they prefer to use one then that is their own choice and it should be respected. That is after all the bedrock of Liberal Feminism - about ensuring that everyone has as free a choice over every matter in their life as possible and about recognising in particular that much needs to be achieved to deliver this for women.

Oh, I meant that I am preffering to call him Mister rather than viceroy, and as I have understood he don't really mind it. But I was under the impression that you think saying miss and missus were discriminating. But I don't think it is, and that it is a little too feminist. That is that we go away from wanting equality and social freedom to the individuals to making new rules and laws in society.

((And. I am sick, and really tired so i might not be so logical now :p ))

It's viscount, you peasant.

It is not easy for a simple peasant to understand herself on all these fancy titles.

And I would like to be refered to as Right Honourable Gentleman.

Friends, Shetlanders, Orcadians, countrymen, opponents, sworn enemies, ladies and gentleman, I, Antonine Anthony-Potter, Member of Parliament for Orkney and Shetland in the 39th Parliament of the United Kingdom, hereby announce that in this election I have not contested the seat of Orkney and Shetland, leaving the Liberal cause in the islands in the safe hands of Mr Jo Grimmond.

Instead, I have been seeking election to the next parliament in the seat of Rutland and Stamford at the recommendation of my good friend Lord Bonkers of Rutland, sole survivor of the Liberal intake of MPs in 1906, who has endorsed (and generously funded) my campaign.

((Just realised it might cause a few butterflies if, in-character, I continue to be MP for Orkney and Shetland considering that it's due to go to a future Liberal leader :p ))

Friends, Shetlanders, Orcadians, countrymen, opponents, sworn enemies, ladies and gentleman, I, Antonine Anthony-Potter, Member of Parliament for Orkney and Shetland for 1949 to 1954, hereby announce that in this election I have not contested the seat of Orkney and Shetland, leaving the Liberal cause in the islands in the safe hands of Mr Jo Grimmond.

Instead, I have been seeking election to the next parliament in the seat of Rutland and Stamford at the recommendation of my good friend Lord Bonkers of Rutland, sole survivor of the Liberal intake of MPs in 1906, who has endorsed (and generously funded) my campaign.

((Just realised it might cause a few butterflies if, in-character, I continue to be MP for Orkney and Shetland considering that it's due to go to a future Liberal leader :p ))

I want to run for Orkney! And beside, Scotland have held Orkney and Shetland and the isles illegally for years! Return them to Norway at once! :D

Friends, Shetlanders, Orcadians, countrymen, opponents, sworn enemies, ladies and gentleman, I, Antonine Anthony-Potter, Member of Parliament for Orkney and Shetland for 1949 to 1954, hereby announce that in this election I have not contested the seat of Orkney and Shetland, leaving the Liberal cause in the islands in the safe hands of Mr Jo Grimmond.

So be it. I'll update the list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.