• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tea I can understand, but crumpets? Good God, that's strange...

Bah. Their not even called crumpets, their called English Muffins (and for good reason.)

And I hate those ghastly things...

Bah. Their not even called crumpets, their called English Muffins (and for good reason.)

And I hate those ghastly things...

That would be they're. You can deface our spelling, but at least get the grammar right. ;)

And yes, "muffins" and crumpets are wholly different things.

Much better with marine food than the too fatty british food.

Depending on which month we're in, rationing is still in place. ;)

That would be they're. You can deface our spelling, but at least get the grammar right. ;)

And yes, "muffins" and crumpets are wholly different things.

I only need to use correct grammar when writing an AAR. And even then, I can spite y'all with som jabs.

So how do the polls look?

Vote: Conservative (Tory)

Alright, lads, things need to be done the right way in this country. The only possible choices in that regard are the Tories.

Vote: Conservative (Tory)

Alright, lads, things need to be done the right way in this country. The only possible choices in that regard are the Tories.
Aye, but I would have suggested you to vote Unionists this time around, Natlibs splitting would be a terrible misfortune for us all.

The promised poll is here!

Total Vote: 63 - we just got our first vote since Friday, still time to reach the present record of 65 votes!

Liberals: 21
Tories: 13
Labour: 10
CPGB: 8
Nat Lib S: 7
Nat Lib U: 4

%s:
Conservative-National Liberal Alliance: 38.1%
Liberals: 33.3%
Labour-CPGB Alliance: 28.6%

Seats:
Liberals: 171
Conservatives: 159
National Liberals: 135
Labour: 82
CPGB: 66
UUP: 10
Irish Nats: 2

At present Tory-NLP-UUP alliance would have 304 seats, putting them 9 short of an absolute majority. This means that the Liberals come into play, their cooperation (although not necessarily their participation) would be necessary for any government. It looks a bit of a long shot to imagine that the Liberals could push over 35% (they would require 3 more votes with no other parties getting any before polls close) so the biggest element of drama going into the final hours of the election will be focused on whether the Right can form a majority in their own right, meaning they would no longer need to rely on cooperation with the Liberal Party.

Polls still open until tomorrow morning! If you haven't yet voted you still have a chance to change things!

Right, jolly good then. You heard the man! Vote Liberal and for no other party to make amazing things happen!
That sure is right, fellow Britons!
VOTE LIBERALS, FOR THEY BEST REPRESENT THE COMMON MAN
We also have cookies and offer a supplementary wig with your vote.

Meanwhile, on Cable Street

"So... Why do we have to wear these paper hats, again?"
"Because I say so."

Cable Street. A small, smoky, dark basement filled with what at the first glance seems to be a regular group of officers and war heroes, but on a closer look turns out to be a group of the absolutely worst kind of scumbags and professional killers from the British Colonial Forces, ragged, tanned, smoking and very-very pissed off.

"Well, nevermind, then."
"Okay, let's take it from the beginning again. We have gathered some officers from the disbanded Indian corps, some South Africans, Rhodesians, a bunch of other nondescript rabble and that one *very* enthusiastic naval officer from Hong-Kong."
"What, you invited Mebblestone?"
"I didn't, Gary did."
"Yeah, I remember, this one time in Africa, me and Mebblestone..."
"Shut up, Gary."
"Well, in any case, we might have bigger problems than overly entusiastic naval officers. Does *anybody* know a possible collaborator from any of the armor divisions near London."
"Yeah, this one time in Africa me and this one guy..."
"Shut up, Gary."
"Well, there's also sir Hall..."
"But he's an archduke now, or something."
"Actually, I believe the correct term is "knight", Archie. Also, I think I might be able to convinve him still, this knighthood really doesn't work as you all think it does."
"You know, this one time in Africa me and this knight..."
"SHUT UP, GARY!"
"Oh, Commander, I almost forgot, I talked to those Ulster-based paramilitaries, "King's Guard" I think they call themselves."
""King's Guard"? How *very* original."
"Wait, did you just say "paramilitaries"? Do we *really* want a bunch of disorderly civilians running around?"
"Archie, we have absolutely *no* aces up our sleeves, only one overly enthusiastic naval officer from Hong-Kong. We need them."

A long, depressed sigh.

"Alright, disperse. I'll go talk to this knighted fellow."
"You know, this one time..."
"Gary, I'll separate you face from your head using your favorite corkscrew if don't shut up."

rhodesia_zpsefa8de83.jpg

A totally irrelevant picture of The Rt. Hon. Großkomtur Prince dom Contravarius-Don'Paulus y d'Alatriste-Erebus at the Victoria Falls, Rhodesia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.