• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Such a tragedy for Christendom the muslims are once again taking the imperial themas and new barbarians now inhabit Germany waiting to cross the alps for Roman blood. I Hope in the future the Aztec can be driven out of Europe by Gods chosen agent, the Emperor of the Romans. These are dark times for christians hemmed in in the Eastern Mediterranean surrounded by false Gods of Darkness.

The "old world" will tremble before the might of the Ēxcān Tlahtōlōyān, the Aztec Empire!
Tlaloc, god of Thunder, rain and earthquakes will bring terrible disasters upon the blasphemous infidels of this continent!
Thousands and thousands more will be sacrificed to Tezcatlipoca, god of night, sorcery and destiny, none can stop the purging of this continent, not even the city of Constantine!
Tonatiuh, the Great Sun God himself leads the righteous Aztec people to their triumph!

The man who has nothing can still have Faith. The Imperium has faced fiercer storms and prevailed. Though beset on all sides, cornered and attacked on all fronts, it will survive. The priests of your False Gods should tremble in fear of the righteous men who face them. Bring forth your sorcery, but it will avail you not. The multitudes of your hosts will crash against the Imperium Romanum like waves on rocks.

Come, and we will show you what the power of faith can do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The man who has nothing can still have Faith. The Imperium has faced fiercer storms and prevailed. Though beset on all sides, cornered and attacked on all fronts, it will survive. The priests of your False Gods should tremble in fear of the righteous men who face them. Bring forth your sorcery, but it will avail you not. The multitudes of your hosts will crash against the Imperium Romanum like waves on rocks.

Here here we are the salt and light of the earth Gods elect one day the Romans will drive the aztecs back across the sea and free the europeans from the yolk of the death Gods of the far west

Last edited:
Orkhon.png

At least this brand of paganism is dying!

How can one god hope survive against so many?
Armies of the Sun God are infinite, crush one, and three more will take its place! Within our great Temples justice will be served for all who resist the Sun people, your hearts belongs to the gods!
You savages can not understand the concept of wealth, glory and power until you have gazed the wonders of Tenochtitlan, city four times larger than Constantinople and home to millions.
Mictlantecuhtli, god of the underworld shall take you all!

Well, I must resist the urge of saying "I told you!" about ( not ) killing Timur ... Oh, wait :D

Anyway, disaster struck again, but atleast you trimmed out some of the ethereal-feeding Timurid armies and maybe you could take Syria of them after killing Timur and some rebuild. If, OFC, neither the other Khan or the western Xenos take this chance to double down on you ...

Last edited:
Armies of the Sun God are infinite, crush one, and three more will take its place! Within our great Temples justice will be served for all who resist the Sun people, your hearts belongs to the gods!
You savages can not understand the concept of wealth, glory and power until you have gazed the wonders of Tenochtitlan, city four times larger than Constantinople and home to millions.

Come, servants of False Gods. Be it with fire, steel and fury we will cleanse your blasphemy from this earth. The carrion-birds will grow fat on the flesh of your slain, and your dark temples shall know the fury of the righteous. With steel and fire we will purge you, and with steel and fire shall we drive you back beyond the sea.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To be fair your last Basileus was very useless. Still intresting how all of your rulers keep getting assasinated :D

Useless?! How dare you! Augustus Luis the Glorious (may he rest in Heaven) ushered in a new era of humanity with the absolute reconstruction of the Greatest Empire, Master of the World, and rescued the province of Moesia from the dark hands of the xenoi! Tell me, heathen, do you work for House Doukas? The Aztecs? The traitorous Bavarians? The Dread Mongol Hordes? ALL OF THEM AT ONCE? Look around you, for it will be the last thing your heretical eyes shall ever see before they are gouged out with rusty instruments! Glory to the Empire! Glory to the Angeloi (blessed be their house)!

Useless?! How dare you! Augustus Luis the Glorious (may he rest in Heaven) ushered in a new era of humanity with the absolute reconstruction of the Greatest Empire, Master of the World, and rescued the province of Moesia from the dark hands of the xenoi! Tell me, heathen, do you work for House Doukas? The Aztecs? The traitorous Bavarians? The Dread Mongol Hordes? ALL OF THEM AT ONCE? Look around you, for it will be the last thing your heretical eyes shall ever see before they are gouged out with rusty instruments! Glory to the Empire! Glory to the Angeloi (blessed be their house)!

Clearly the sinner is a servant of the heretical Bishop of Rome! Blasphemy!

Such a tragedy for Christendom the muslims are once again taking the imperial themas and new barbarians now inhabit Germany waiting to cross the alps for Roman blood. I Hope in the future the Aztec can be driven out of Europe by Gods chosen agent, the Emperor of the Romans. These are dark times for christians hemmed in in the Eastern Mediterranean surrounded by false Gods of Darkness.
Here here we are the salt and light of the earth Gods elect one day the Romans will drive the aztecs back across the sea and free the europeans from the yolk of the death Gods of the far west
Come, servants of False Gods. Be it with fire, steel and fury we will cleanse your blasphemy from this earth. The carrion-birds will grow fat on the flesh of your slain, and your dark temples shall know the fury of the righteous. With steel and fire we will purge you, and with steel and fire shall we drive you back beyond the sea.
Romaioi will never surrender and will never be defeated for Iesus Kristos loves His children. Let me quote this splendid passage:
The Tactica Imperialis (40k) said:
There will be times when a officer will find the limitless hosts of the enemies of man arrayed against him, when all hopes for victory fade away to leave them confronted with the bitter truth of their own mortality. Perhaps it could have been avoided, but perhaps not, know that this galaxy despises man and his works, and in such a dark place and dark time, the only victory possible is over one's own despair. The commander must reach deep into his own soul, and the souls of his men, and find the most terrible and potent weapon in his arsenal - devotion to the Emperor, defiance unto death, face the enemy in their multitude with fire in your heart and a prayer on your lips! Your deaths are your own, and thus do you deny the enemy his victory.
Venerate the Augustus and remember - the Angeloi protect!
Heresy_vein-popping.png

At least this brand of paganism is dying!
You mean the Norse? There is still one province full of wannabe-vikings somewhere.
Well, I must resist the urge of saying "I told you!" about ( not ) killing Timur ... Oh, wait :D
Anyway, disaster struck again, but atleast you trimmed out some of the ethereal-feeding Timurid armies and maybe you could take Syria of them after killing Timur and some rebuild. If, OFC, neither the other Khan or the western Xenos take this chance to double down on you ...
I did try to kill him but it kinda backfired :) You are right but the Throne has to deal with not only external enemies..
Behold the rise of the Witch-Khan, extending his shadow on poor Roman Europa!
By the way, does House Angelos happen to own a holy relic ? It would explain why the forces of Darkness rush around Romanoï!
Lol :) It would be funny if the endgame in EU4 was a siege of Barad-dur Tenochtitlan where the Shadows lie.
To be fair your last Basileus was very useless. Still intresting how all of your rulers keep getting assasinated :D
Hey, Saint Markos died peacefully in his bed surrounded by a loving family!
That's probably the case! Remember, defetism is treason and is dealt with accordingly. Long live the Augustus!

After the next chapter (sometime soon) I'm going to finally complete the "Chronicle of the House Angelos" - that is, to describe the missing period 1195-1264.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's Tengri in old Turkish
Oh. Well, considering that Reformed Tengri is the second biggest religion (after Orthodoxy but bigger than Reformed Aztec) I don't think you are right about that :p

You should go Gavelkind! Splitting up the empire would save it! It worked incredibly well for Diocletian.

Besides, you already agree with me!

Yup and then the bloody civil war starts between all your sons Which is fun! Primogeniture is boring, too easily you can build your power, ultimogeniture is weird, elective is too risky when you have realm big enough. The best imho are tanistry and seniority - then you can feel that you're playing as a dynasty, not one character.

On another note:
I nominated this AAR for the CKII Quarter 1 ACAs

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?767092-CKII-Q1-2014-ACAs

Last edited:
You should go Gavelkind! Splitting up the empire would save it! It worked incredibly well for Diocletian.
Besides, you already agree with me!
Yeah, tetrarchy was the thing - but hey, at least it gave us Constantine the Great without whom there wouldn't have been the City!
Yes I did BUT I was talking about normal game. The moment I go gavelkind here the Christendom is gone - sorry, it's too much of a risk.
On another note:
I nominated this AAR for the CKII Quarter 1 ACAs

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?767092-CKII-Q1-2014-ACAs
Awesome! Thank you very much for this, this is very nice :)

BTW the next chapter is actually going to be "The Chronicle of the House Angelos - part 3"; just saying.

Yeah, tetrarchy was the thing - but hey, at least it gave us Constantine the Great without whom there wouldn't have been the City!
Yes I did BUT I was talking about normal game. The moment I go gavelkind here the Christendom is gone - sorry, it's too much of a risk.

Awesome! Thank you very much for this, this is very nice :)

BTW the next chapter is actually going to be "The Chronicle of the House Angelos - part 3"; just saying.

I remember why I started reading this. One day I decided, I'm actually going to read one of those AAR things, and I clicked on a few, and saw, he look! It's the guy who actually cared about the Slavs (one of my favorite religions game) during the Old Gods dev diaries. Then I read the Intro, and I was like, Holy Perun! And I loved it, so I'm sooooooo excited to see how it'll turn out in EUIV

[video=youtube;mk2E1CoGe98]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98[/video]

Meanwhile in Tenochtitlan...

That shaman should be working on a hospital making heart transplants. He would be a rich man.