• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Rabble Rabble Mk. I*

*Rabble Rabble Mk. II*

Swatch at thes ravin' madness. Thes cheil woods be beaten by Adam Smith afair Hume took a shiv tae heem as Keynes oversaw th' process an' Hayek sauld tickets. Thes cheil is th' epitome ay th' fears ay Marxism an' th' definition ay wa th' sassenach shaa meit their doom by their ain hans. A cheil willin' tae seel his ain mammy fur a large enaw profit, he has th' moral compass ay a benk an' is only half as interestin'.

Turn back, less ye become radicals loch heem. dae ye enjoy bein' cared fur, bein' able tae nae bankrupt yerself an' withholdin' th' ability tae wark fur fa ye choose? 'en turn awa'. A cheil blessed by th' Hain ay Hayek, he leaves nae staine unsauld. Morality shaa be sauld tae th' lowest bidder as th' starved masses ur crushed under corporate jackbit. Ah will barnie side by side wi' th' Red Vanguard, mah hated enemy, afair Ah allaw th' Cult ay Hayek tae ned mah freedoms an' enslae myself an' mah bairns.

Overthraw thes radge cheil, by economic, social an' violent means. tear doon th' posters, burn th' banners, sit alecht th' headquarters, an' purge th' cult. By God an' th' Pope, he seeks tae instill a new religion upon th' British Isles! Barnie against th' white hain oan black, barnie against Enewaldites at every opportunity. Fur th' glory ay Scootlund! Deus Vult!

800px-Flag_of_Isengard.svg.png
(Look at this raving madness. This man would be beaten by Adam Smith before Hume took a shiv to him as Keynes oversaw the process and Hayek sold tickets. This man is the epitome of the fears of Marxism and the definition of why the English shall meet their doom by their own hands.

A man willing to sell his own mother for a large enough profit, he has the moral compass of a bank and is only half as interesting. Turn back, less ye become radicals like him. Do you enjoy being cared for, being able to not bankrupt yourself and withholding the ability to work for who you choose? Then turn away.

A man blessed by the Hand of Hayek, he leaves no stone unsold. Morality shall be sold to the lowest bidder as the starved masses are crushed under corporate jackboot. I will fight side by side with the Red Vanguard, my hated enemy, before I allow the Cult of Hayek to steal my freedoms and enslave myself and my children.

Overthrow this mad man, by economic, social and violent means. Tear down the posters, burn the banners, set alight the headquarters, and purge the Cult.

By God and the Pope, he seeks to instill a new religion upon the British Isles! Fight against the White Hand on Black, fight against Enewaldites at every opportunity.

For the Glory of Scotland! Deus Vult!)

Save Britain from the red menace, fight against the forces of oppression, VOTE NLP OR TORY

Save Britain from the Red Menace, vote Liberal or Tory. The National Liberals are clerical radicals acting in the name of their Prophet Hayek!

((Which is funny, since you seem legitimately Scottish while I am ethnically Scottish (one generation too far for my citizenship :( )))

I think Seel is also part Australian if I recall.

Gang of Four has suddenly popped into my head...

Ah, siren voice from outside, :p

Ever read anything written by Hayek? :p

Yes, it's not wrong, just not right either. I'm an economic pluralist. That said, you are so far off the crazy bin that the sanatorium inmates don't want you.

I can confirm Mathrim's figures

In the words of Hayek, the market reacts to the emotions of the individual. People are stupid and greedy, therefore the market will be stupid and greedy. If this is so, therefore people are simply a danger to themselves and others. Therefore a semi-regulated market is a must, if only to protect the weakest from the strongest.

Vote Tory or Liberal, they're not batshit crazy.

In the words of Hayek, the market reacts to the emotions of the individual. People are stupid and greedy, therefore the market will be stupid and greedy. If this is so, therefore people are simply a danger to themselves and others. Therefore a semi-regulated market is a must, if only to protect the weakest from the strongest.

Vote Tory or Liberal, they're not batshit crazy.

Ha, if by your logic people are stupid and greedy, they will vote for stupid and greedy politicians who make stupid and greedy policies, resulting in very stupid regulation? :D
If people are danger to themselves, why not lock everyone in a cage and call the world a safe place?
Oh wait, isn't that the aim of Uncle Joe? :eek:

Every human is a rational being that makes rational choices. They all want to fulfil their needs. The less they are prohibited from fulfilling the more they benefit. Any regulation of the markets will ultimately lead to individuals losing their welfare.

Do you truly want to make common citizens more miserable? If so, vote for some batshit crazy leftist puppets of Moscow!

Every human is a rational being that makes rational choices.

Every human has the potential to be either rational or emotional. They are neither all the time. As such one can never make policy choices that fight against solely one or the other.

If every human is rational, why doesn't the free market work? If every human is emotional, why do we seek capitalism and individual liberty?

We are too complicated to be simply judged as rational beings.

Ha, if by your logic people are stupid and greedy, they will vote for stupid and greedy politicians who make stupid and greedy policies, resulting in very stupid regulation? :D
If people are danger to themselves, why not lock everyone in a cage and call the world a safe place?
Oh wait, isn't that the aim of Uncle Joe? :eek:

Every human is a rational being that makes rational choices. They all want to fulfil their needs. The less they are prohibited from fulfilling the more they benefit. Any regulation of the markets will ultimately lead to individuals losing their welfare.

Do you truly want to make common citizens more miserable? If so, vote for some batshit crazy leftist puppets of Moscow!

Where this falls down is on the underlying principles.

It assumes that 1) equality of opportunity exists, and 2) people are rewarded for actual hard work rather than natural gifts/ inherited wealth/ parents connections.

Given that we do not have an agreed measurement of hard work, and that British society very patently does not have equality of opportunity, your policies are only suited for a utopia we are no where near realising ;)

Vote Liberal!

Where this falls down is on the underlying principles.

It assumes that 1) equality of opportunity exists, and 2) people are rewarded for actual hard work rather than natural gifts/ inherited wealth/ parents connections.

Given that we do not have an agreed measurement of hard work, and that British society very patently does not have equality of opportunity, your policies are only suited for a utopia we are no where near realising ;)

Vote Liberal!

That means equality is required in order to pursue the life he desires?

This just in, Enewald admits to being a Communistic Cult Leader, more on his Evangelism on page 3...

Every human has the potential to be either rational or emotional. They are neither all the time. As such one can never make policy choices that fight against solely one or the other.

If every human is rational, why doesn't the free market work? If every human is emotional, why do we seek capitalism and individual liberty?

We are too complicated to be simply judged as rational beings.

Oh gods, do you understand that everything we do has a rationale behind it?
The brain won't mandate some action unless it at the moment of the action cannot rationalize the said action!
Different people have different rationales and our rationales change over time.
Our emotions rely on the rules of rationality that our brains imposes on us.
The whole concept of irrationality is a way to judge the actions of other people as ridiculous from THE POINT OF VIEW of someone else!
Rationality as such is very subjective.

The free market works if is a truly free market. It is just we have never achieved a truly free market so far as governments do their best to mess around with pretty much everything.

Rationality as such is very subjective.

Really? I guess that must mean just one thing.

This just in, Enewald admits Rationalism is Irrational, the self-admited Irrational Communistic Cult Leader to explain himself on page 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.