Hearts of Iron IV - Dev Diary 3 - Bringing WWII to the mainstream

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I, for one, am very excited by the prospect of producing Paradox's first wholly CGI trailer featuring dogs, though we will probably take some liberties historically and make them talk, when I think only the smartest dogs talked back then.

I read about it in some book about Nazi super-animals. It was an old book and therefor more trustworthy.

Glad you like our Shiba Inu's abilities! :)

You mentioned resources being revamped. Does Japan get dogecoin mines? Or is that for the micro transactions? We all know that premium currency is the way to go.

edit,

No, it was podcat who mentioned it. Dammit podcat, what are you doing writing about dogs anyway?

Last edited:
I, for one, am very excited by the prospect of producing Paradox's first wholly CGI trailer featuring dogs, though we will probably take some liberties historically and make them talk, when I think only the smartest dogs talked back then.

I read about it in some book about Nazi super-animals. It was an old book and therefor more trustworthy.
How old was the book?
I've heard that books from pre-1930 were really good on the subject of WWII and Nazism..

At least this year they made it understandable that it is a joke, last year there was CK2 zombie dlc which i really belived was true for a pretty long time xD

Good boy! Who's a good Paradox? Who's a good Paradox? You are, yes you are!

Reactions:
Britain - English Bulldog. Passive bonus: Nodding. The constant nodding of this Dog's head makes visiting ambassadors feel they are being agreed with. Their good mood results in a relations bonus.

I didn't know that this part of British history was well known about outside of the UK. Thank you for doing your research, Paradox.

How old was the book?
I've heard that books from pre-1930 were really good on the subject of WWII and Nazism..

I think it was from the 20's. It talked about how the Weimare Public had dogs and the British thought they were harmless, but Churchill said they were bad and he called it apawsment. People didn't understand his accent and that's where the term "appeasement" started.

Anyway, I think it was an American book because Europe hadn't invented universities yet. Go figure.

This is awesome! But so many questions...

I'm trying to figure out what each button does. Is it:
1. Doggie Training
2. Doggie Equation Solver
3. Doggie MG Support
4. Doggie Fetch Reconnaissance?

Which country gets the Pug?

What happens if 2 NDs meet in the same provice? Do they fight? What if dogfighting is outlawed in your country?

Will you be able to mount a Flak 88 on your ND? Similarly, what if your ND tries to mount another ND? Perhaps we should make all the NDs male, come to think of it... Also, will you be able to para-drop your ND?

Can your ND be a cat? Probably makes more sense for Siam and Persia...

Finally, does that horse have a very large head, or is it just a very small tank?

Lacks rocket cats.

Rocket-cats--2-006.jpg

Lacks rocket cats.

Rocket-cats--2-006.jpg

A very valid point. Hopefully you can upgrade your ND to a RC with the proper rocket tech research (and rocket test site, of course...)