• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It doesnt? All I have now is Ængland when scandinavian and Lloegyr when celtic. I thought they were tasteful.

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of the mod. I thought it was to use the names standardly used by English-speaking people, such as those that came with the original game. I'm a native English speaker since birth and I have yet to meet anyone who writes England as Ængland, or calls it anything but England.

Also, I still see titles like Cyning and Cwen and Doux and Droungarios and my Marshall is called Prostadoupolisaramalamadingdong. I thought that this was designed for those of us that choose to use non-localized SWMH and want to see English words.

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of the mod. I thought it was to use the names standardly used by English-speaking people, such as those that came with the original game. I'm a native English speaker since birth and I have yet to meet anyone who writes England as Ængland, or calls it anything but England.

Where they've changed the name, they've done so where there is a sufficient change in the nature of the place that it warrants one. If the English are pushed out of England i.e. everyone is Celtic, do you think 'England' is still an appropriate name? I should also think that they would have kept Anglieterre/Angleterre for this too, but it would have meant seeing Anglieterre for as long as there was a Norman on the throne.

Also, I still see titles like Cyning and Cwen and Doux and Droungarios and my Marshall is called Prostadoupolisaramalamadingdong. I thought that this was designed for those of us that choose to use non-localized SWMH and want to see English words.

I think it's with certain exceptions. Doux is how historians refer to them (and came in the originial game), not Dukes. Similarly, you have the Shahs (and Shahanshahs) of Persia, not the Kings and Kings. Basically, foreign titles that don't really have an equivalent in Medieval England simply have an Anglicised version of their local name.

Where they've changed the name, they've done so where there is a sufficient change in the nature of the place that it warrants one. If the English are pushed out of England i.e. everyone is Celtic, do you think 'England' is still an appropriate name? I should also think that they would have kept Anglieterre/Angleterre for this too, but it would have meant seeing Anglieterre for as long as there was a Norman on the throne.
Yes, basically any dynamic naming that didnt seem to butcher the english language too much or had a completely different meaning, were kept. If there is too much uproar about this I can change it, but it seemed in line with vanilla dynamic naming.

I think it's with certain exceptions. Doux is how historians refer to them (and came in the originial game), not Dukes. Similarly, you have the Shahs (and Shahanshahs) of Persia, not the Kings and Kings. Basically, foreign titles that don't really have an equivalent in Medieval England simply have an Anglicised version of their local name.
Thats strange, while I kept a few special titles like Doux or Kaiser, I did not keep stuff like Cyning or councillor localisations. I played a game recently and it was working fine too, I'll check it out.

If the English are pushed out of England i.e. everyone is Celtic, do you think 'England' is still an appropriate name? I should also think that they would have kept Anglieterre/Angleterre for this too, but it would have meant seeing Anglieterre for as long as there was a Norman on the throne.

Since the basic idea of using English names is for the English speakers, mostly Anglo-Saxons and their descendants, I would think that in a case where the we traditionally call the land "England", such as post-Norman conquest it should be called England in game. Otherwise, you're doing opposite of Speaking English, Dammit.

That works for me, but some things just look strange to native English speakers, especially in a case where the goal is to make it English-friendly.

Thats strange, while I kept a few special titles like Doux or Kaiser, I did not keep stuff like Cyning or councillor localisations. I played a game recently and it was working fine too, I'll check it out.

I'm currently using HIP without SWMH localization and SED and the rulers of Aenglaland are called Cyning and Cwen and my Greek councilors all have Greek designations.