• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Installed from the HIP and starting in 1081, some titles have a lowercase prefix before their name. Looking at them now, there's d_ for duchy and k_ for kingdom.
It's good to know.
If you would put down the names of the titles in question, it would greatly improve the chance of getting it fixed :)

Speak English Dammit! Version 1.0

The first update for SED has now been released.

Download here. Note that this is the full mod, not an incremental update. It replaces your current install.

Saves should be compatible.

Please report any typos, glaring localisations and etc. on this thread, I'll fix them as soon as possible. And if you wish to directly help with the mod, you can easily use Github to push desired changes into the beta version, if controversial, they will be discussed in the thread before intergration.

Changes:
General:
  • Fixed many typos**
  • Updated all files to SWMH 2.852
Dynamic Naming:
  • Removed glaring cultural names for kingdoms and empires (Like Angliéterre)**
  • Kept those that had a different root, like Holmgardr, or that added to the game, such as scandinavian localisations in the british isles or arabian localisations in Iberia**
  • Celtic Wales now called Cambria and brythonic Scotland now called Caledonia*
Localisations:
  • Alba, Éire and Cymru now Scotland, Ireland and Wales*
  • Misr and Misr Arabic now Egypt and Egyptian
* Up for debate of course
** See github for detailed list of changes

Ps: Is it possible to have ownership of the OP transferred to me? That would make maintaining info on the changes easier.

Last edited:
It's good to know.
If you would put down the names of the titles in question, it would greatly improve the chance of getting it fixed :)

Sorry I started to but when I realized you could do a search for d_ or k_ I gave up.

Now that I've opened up the csv titles files I see why that might be a problem:laugh:

I'll write them down the next time I play. They were mostly Tribal titles in Africa, but also a kingdom in Nubia and Croatia.

EDIT:
d_krk
d_dalmatian_islands
d_trakai
d_dehestan
d_khoar
d_makran
d_alwahat
d_berbera
d_ifat
d_tedjoura
d_afar
d_darnot
d_amhara
d_badi
d_hilal
d_massufa
d_lamtuna
d_lamta
d_guddala
d_targa
d_lawata
d_soninke
d_duguwa
d_naqis
d_baqlin
d_djarin
d_aataa
d_bazin
d_danakil
d_silesians
d_polans
d_vistulans
d_mazovians
d_chester

k_ragusa
k_daylam
k_maghreb
k_adal
k_makuria
k_ifat
k_blemmyes
k_duklja

Last edited:
Sorry I started to but when I realized you could do a search for d_ or k_ I gave up.

Now that I've opened up the csv titles files I see why that might be a problem:laugh:

I'll write them down the next time I play. They were mostly Tribal titles in Africa, but also a kingdom in Nubia and Croatia.

EDIT:
d_krk
d_dalmatian_islands
d_trakai
d_dehestan
d_khoar
d_makran
d_alwahat
d_berbera
d_ifat
d_tedjoura
d_afar
d_darnot
d_amhara
d_badi
d_hilal
d_massufa
d_lamtuna
d_lamta
d_guddala
d_targa
d_lawata
d_soninke
d_duguwa
d_naqis
d_baqlin
d_djarin
d_aataa
d_bazin
d_danakil
d_silesians
d_polans
d_vistulans
d_mazovians
d_chester

k_ragusa
k_daylam
k_maghreb
k_adal
k_makuria
k_ifat
k_blemmyes
k_duklja
Thank you Kolaris, I'll probably have time to add them tonight when I get home, though if you want to do it now, its very easy, just go on Github (the link is on the update post) and fork the repository.

Edit: I believe Trakai and Chester have already been solved though.

Superskierpat only took it over recently and is still working to clean up from some of the changes that occurred since the last full version. Most of the k_ & d_ issues are new provinces and are in process. England looks to be a different matter - I noticed it earlier today while doing something else but it looks like it might be easy to fix.

So right now it is just a little behind in the updating but being brought up to speed. It is compatible, just still being updated to the newest SWMH.

Superskierpat only took it over recently and is still working to clean up from some of the changes that occurred since the last full version. Most of the k_ & d_ issues are new provinces and are in process. England looks to be a different matter - I noticed it earlier today while doing something else but it looks like it might be easy to fix.

So right now it is just a little behind in the updating but being brought up to speed. It is compatible, just still being updated to the newest SWMH.

I only mentioned England because was specifically mentioned in the changelog and with my history I need to make sure it's not just on my end. I'm still using it, since it hasn't seemed to have broken anything.

I think that England is a separate problem as the dynamic naming is in the landed_titles.txt file and so needs a different solution, though several have been proposed.

I only mentioned England because was specifically mentioned in the changelog and with my history I need to make sure it's not just on my end. I'm still using it, since it hasn't seemed to have broken anything.
I believe I made an error in the dependencies that makes HIP overrule SED, the best thing would be for it to be included in the HIP installer, but that will at least have to wait till the next HIP update.

I think that England is a separate problem as the dynamic naming is in the landed_titles.txt file and so needs a different solution, though several have been proposed.
I've modified the dynamic naming for all kingdoms now though, I'll take a look at duchies later. I've also taken a look at your push request and taken your changes and adapted them into a separate file so it can more easily be adapted afterwards, see the latest commit to the beta branch. I've done most kingdoms and duchies but I havent done counties and baronies yet, though I do have a list of missing localisations.

I believe I made an error in the dependencies that makes HIP overrule SED, the best thing would be for it to be included in the HIP installer, but that will at least have to wait till the next HIP update.

I've modified the dynamic naming for all kingdoms now though, I'll take a look at duchies later. I've also taken a look at your push request and taken your changes and adapted them into a separate file so it can more easily be adapted afterwards, see the latest commit to the beta branch. I've done most kingdoms and duchies but I havent done counties and baronies yet, though I do have a list of missing localisations.

I actually experimented with dropping the new files into modules - much like hotfixing a PB beta in. It worked, but since the files are loose you may want to take a look and ensure they are the ones you want before suggesting it to anyone.

I added a file to the pull, I realigned the entire file so that WinMerge will work in the future. Go ahead an leave me a comment back when you have time to look at it and let me know if that works or the old format should be retained.

I actually experimented with dropping the new files into modules - much like hotfixing a PB beta in. It worked, but since the files are loose you may want to take a look and ensure they are the ones you want before suggesting it to anyone.

I added a file to the pull, I realigned the entire file so that WinMerge will work in the future. Go ahead an leave me a comment back when you have time to look at it and let me know if that works or the old format should be retained.
That should work fine I merged them and I'll start a game later on to see if any titles are still missing. And while it would be easier, I just used the mod way because I was used to it, but like I said, it should be intergrated into the main installer.

Edit: I made a new commit, make sure your repository is up to date before continuing because last time you overid some of my changes.

Last edited:
Speak English Dammit! Version 1.0.1.1

The first update for SED has now been released.

Download here. Note that this is the full mod, not an incremental update. It replaces your current install.

Saves should be compatible.

Please report any typos, glaring localisations and etc. on this thread, I'll fix them as soon as possible. And if you wish to directly help with the mod, you can easily use Github to push desired changes into the beta version, if controversial, they will be discussed in the thread before intergration.

Changes:
General:
  • Fixed a few typos**
  • Updated all files to HIP 2014-03-08
Dynamic Naming:
  • Scandinavian and Saxon England now called Aengland*
Localisations:
  • Found forgotten localisations in new SWMH files, so added them to SED**
Hotfix:
  • Fixed .mod dependencies
* Up for debate of course
** See github for detailed list of changes

PS: I suggest to directly copy paste the SED files over the HIP files, but only if you never plan to use the normal SWMH localisations.
PPS: Reuploaded a fix for the .mod file.

Last edited:
I notice that the dependencies for this mod don't say anything about HIP. If I enable this mod while running HIP without SWMH won't the HIP files take precedence over those from this mod?

Nice mod, hopefully if this will be added to the main mod so that I can play with this mod. One reason I like CK2Plus more is because all titles are in English compared to HIP.