• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sons of Rome rise! Crush the pagans and the heretics before you, here the lamination of their women as you drive them from their homes and scorch their lands with purifying fire. Suffer no enemy of God man to live! All will fear the might of the revitalized Roman Legion! Every knee will bow and all hearts confuse Jesus is lord and the Basileia is his anointed ruler of the faithful. Rome Shall Not Fall! Rome Shall Not Stumble! Show the world the savages the power of civilization reclaim what was lost in the great fall of the west! Smash the Khagan show him what a true emperor is! Crush the Aztec show them what real ferocity is! Long live Rome!
Long live the Basileia!

Romaion is reborn, officially. The last, good hope for peace and victory over the barbarians. Will she deliver? ;)
That is the question :)
That Ilkhanate Khan is really sitting on throne made of blades. With zero intrigue he will be assasinated.
Yeah, it's really surprising to see someone so... soft leading the Horde. His victory was rather unexpected.
Hopefully, he'll have an underage heir before that happens. I liked it when the Ilkhanate was completely shattered - seeing it reform like that was a nasty surprise.
So far, so good. Given the level of violence we've seen in this update, it's a time of peace and quiet for the Empire. I wonder how long until the Aztecs throw themselves at your legions, and how far behind the Mongols will be...
To see Mongols fighting each other while Christendom is endangered, well, it kinda gives you this warm feeling :) Of course now when Ilkhanate is united once again it'll without a doubt return some day. Even with Imperium acknowledged by the Latins and Shia defeated the peace will probably not last long - or will it? :)
Still, the Roman Empire lives again, unchallenged by western pretenders. Does this mean the 'Holy Roman Empire' title no longer exists?
It exist if you look pictures closely and their situation is pretty much same as Byzantines in 1453.
Kaiser is still there, with two counties in his realm and like Calad said, it's kinda reveresed ERE situation in 1453 - once great state on the brink of destruction. I wonder what will happen to it in the future.
This has been a most fascinating read! Congratulations and keep it up!!!
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! :)
Will the Reborn Rome save Europe from these dark invaders? Or will Roman intrigue find the absolute worst time to fuck things up and get everyone killed or converted?
Considering the level of grimdarkness so far I'm still not sure whether there will be some kind of a happy ending and even if so, it won't be easy to get there.
Sons of Rome rise! Crush the pagans and the heretics before you, here the lamination of their women as you drive them from their homes and scorch their lands with purifying fire. Suffer no enemy of God man to live! All will fear the might of the revitalized Roman Legion! Every knee will bow and all hearts confuse Jesus is lord and the Basileia is his anointed ruler of the faithful. Rome Shall Not Fall! Rome Shall Not Stumble! Show the world the savages the power of civilization reclaim what was lost in the great fall of the west! Smash the Khagan show him what a true emperor is! Crush the Aztec show them what real ferocity is! Long live Rome!
Long live the Basileia!
Hell yeah! Even with hordes of savages all over the Europe even in real life the Imperium survived almost equal threat to its very existence:
Byzantium%20Islam.jpg

Let us hope pray that it will survive in Crumbling Europe too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, it's really surprising to see someone so... soft leading the Horde. His victory was rather unexpected.

Maybe the Barbarian "Aristoi" want a weak leader on the throne? The previous Khans have been powerful men who loved raising crown authority.

I haven't played CK2, I started playing EU4 and I have been reading the forums how great a game it is and I find this AAR...Needless to say I want to buy CK2 now. I have read the thread from beginning to end and I cant w8 for more. You sir should be writing novels.

I have studied the Roman history extensively and if you need some pointers to make corrections you are free to ask ofc.

Subbed and waiting for the conclusion of this masterpiece. It makes my restoration of Romanity in Eu4 look quite pale in comparison.

Congratulations again.

:)

I've been following this AAR for quite some time now and even if I don't write, I've been enjoying it thoroughly.

I do want to express a technical concern, however. We know that RoI will introduce new provinces in vanilla, which mean current saves won't be compatible. Did you make any preparations with your installed version in case you don't reach 1453 before RoI is released?

I've been following this AAR for quite some time now and even if I don't write, I've been enjoying it thoroughly.

I do want to express a technical concern, however. We know that RoI will introduce new provinces in vanilla, which mean current saves won't be compatible. Did you make any preparations with your installed version in case you don't reach 1453 before RoI is released?

He could possibly run it in this version after the update comes out. I'm pretty sure you can access previous versions through Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As I've said before, I'm loving this. For your future writing, here are some corrections on a bit of grammar, mainly the use of the article "the":

-Names of countries: Simple names, like "Germany", "Poland", "Byzantium", etc, don't have an article. If they have a describing word, they usually do: "the Kingdom of Aragon", "the Holy Roman Empire", "the Basileia Romaion", for example, do. Same goes for "the Ilkhanate" and "the Shia Caliphate".

-People: If they are referred to only by title, they do, for example "the Shia Caliph" or "the Caliph", "the Roman Emperor" or "the Emperor". On the other hand, if it is used with their name, it usually doesn't, as in "Basileus Luis". Another thing to note is that in the last example, the title would always be capitalized.

Otherwise, the grammar is generally excellent. I'm told English is a royal pain to learn, so good job!

What does the tax map of Europe look like? Do places become less wealthy when the Aztecs/Mongols conquer them?

It depends on how wealthy the previous, "owners" provinces were. Say if Ibadi Spain was an economic powerhouse, with max level castle/city/church towns, then unless the Aztecs have some crazy Tax laws, it will still be a high income region.

I'm afraid there is a problem:
5ZH11EP.jpg

This AAR save seems to not work anymore. Can anyone help me with this? What should I do to recover the save file? :(
EDIT: Okay, I verified the integrity of the game in Steam and now it's working (I think, I didn't dare to load the save file). Jesus Christ, this seriously scared me... Anyone know where is the save file so I can copy it and store somewhere safe in case this happens again?

As always. Even the man who has nothing can still have faith.
Even the man who has nothing still has its own life which can be sacrificed for Basileia Romaion - death in service to the Emperor is its own reward.
Maybe the Barbarian "Aristoi" want a weak leader on the throne? The previous Khans have been powerful men who loved raising crown authority.
When he raised the crown authority to Absolute I couldn't believe it - I mean how often do you see AI doing thing like this in so gigantic realm?
I haven't played CK2, I started playing EU4 and I have been reading the forums how great a game it is and I find this AAR...Needless to say I want to buy CK2 now. I have read the thread from beginning to end and I cant w8 for more. You sir should be writing novels.
I have studied the Roman history extensively and if you need some pointers to make corrections you are free to ask ofc.
Subbed and waiting for the conclusion of this masterpiece. It makes my restoration of Romanity in Eu4 look quite pale in comparison.
Congratulations again.:)
Thank you very much, this is very nice to hear :) If you enjoy the story you may be also interested in my other AAR, this time in sci-fi setting. And honestly, I preordered EU4 solely because of two things - Purple Phoenix and free CK2 save converter. I've been thinking about doing something like this campaign (Angeloi 1066-1453) for quite a long time but I started this AAR only after I realized how crazy the world is in this save. I didn't plan to write it from the beginning and that's why the story starts in 1264 and there are so few screenshots from 1066-1264 period. BTW there will be some more Chronicles of the House Angelos in the future.

He could possibly run it in this version after the update comes out. I'm pretty sure you can access previous versions through Steam.
I hope I will finish the game before RoI is released, even if this means I'm going to be ahead in game for a few chapters in respect of what's released here. My bigger worry is that my converted save may simply not work in EU4 after both CK2 and EU4 receive patches and RoI and WoN are released :(

As I've said before, I'm loving this. For your future writing, here are some corrections on a bit of grammar, mainly the use of the article "the":

-Names of countries: Simple names, like "Germany", "Poland", "Byzantium", etc, don't have an article. If they have a describing word, they usually do: "the Kingdom of Aragon", "the Holy Roman Empire", "the Basileia Romaion", for example, do. Same goes for "the Ilkhanate" and "the Shia Caliphate".

-People: If they are referred to only by title, they do, for example "the Shia Caliph" or "the Caliph", "the Roman Emperor" or "the Emperor". On the other hand, if it is used with their name, it usually doesn't, as in "Basileus Luis". Another thing to note is that in the last example, the title would always be capitalized.

Otherwise, the grammar is generally excellent. I'm told English is a royal pain to learn, so good job!
Awesome, thanks for the help! Just like in my Spanish with "el, la, lo" I have some problems with "the" since there isn't such concept in Polish. I'll do my best to correct this in future chapters :)
What does the tax map of Europe look like? Do places become less wealthy when the Aztecs/Mongols conquer them?
It depends on how wealthy the previous, "owners" provinces were. Say if Ibadi Spain was an economic powerhouse, with max level castle/city/church towns, then unless the Aztecs have some crazy Tax laws, it will still be a high income region.
I can post the economical map when this AAR save is copied and safely stored somewhere, I won't risk another corruption by loading it right now. But long story short, the Horde and Aztecs are quite wealthy.
Also, I am amazed at the sheer number of civil wars you are winning, you clearly are skilled at winning these wars.
Well, boat-bombing with mercenaries superior tactics of glorious Imperial Army is what's decisive in most cases.

Last edited:
When he raised the crown authority to Absolute I couldn't believe it - I mean how often do you see AI doing thing like this in so gigantic realm?

Very Rarely, only time I ever saw a Max Crown authority was in Umayyad Spain, and that went on to conquer Aquitaine, France, and Italy.

I can post the economical map when this AAR save is copied and safely stored somewhere, I won't risk another corruption by loading it right now. But long story short, the Horde and Aztecs are quite wealthy.

Yes, those Barbarians with their complete control of the Americas, and the other Barbarians with control of the riches of China, it's no wonder they are rich!

Well, boat-bombing with mercenaries superior tactics of glorious Imperial Army is what's decisive in most cases.

Of course, no barbarian can face the tactics of Rome! Gaul, Britannia, and Dacia are prime examples of this,
but let's not mention Hibernia and Caledonia.

I believe you can find your saves in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Saves or something along those lines.
Sorry I can't be more exact, typing this on a mobile device with Dutch autocorrect.

This is my favorite AAR ever, though. Keep doing what you do! :)

I believe you can find your saves in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Saves or something along those lines.
Sorry I can't be more exact, typing this on a mobile device with Dutch autocorrect.

This is my favorite AAR ever, though. Keep doing what you do! :)
Thank you very much :) I would be grateful if someone can help me with securing this Ironman save - if it gets corrupted, this AAR will not be finished!

EDIT:
Oops, didn't notice this post - thank you!

Very Rarely, only time I ever saw a Max Crown authority was in Umayyad Spain, and that went on to conquer Aquitaine, France, and Italy.

Yes, those Barbarians with their complete control of the Americas, and the other Barbarians with control of the riches of China, it's no wonder they are rich!

Of course, no barbarian can face the tactics of Rome! Gaul, Britannia, and Dacia are prime examples of this,
but let's not mention Hibernia and Caledonia.
Exactly - and the Horde is so much bigger.

Yup. I mean, Mongol barbarians control half of the map and the Aztecs have a good chunk of highly developed western provinces, including Spain, France and England.

Err, well... Yes, let's not mention this at all. Ahem.

Of course, I see it now! The corrupted save file is obviously the Heretical Bishop of Rome working in league with the Aztecs! They can't beat you in war, so their going to destroy their world!
What? Iesus Kristos, you are right! It's all a giant scheme against holy Basileia Romaion! Damn you, bishop of Rome!
6E5GTKJ.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. I mean, Mongol barbarians control half of the map and the Aztecs have a good chunk of highly developed western provinces, including Spain, France and England.

Those Ibadi infidels sure knew how to build up infrastructure.

Err, well... Yes, let's not mention this at all. Ahem.

Let us do the same with the Battle of Calcinaia

What? Iesus Kristos, you are right! It's all a giant scheme against holy Basileia Romaion! Damn you, bishop of Rome!
6E5GTKJ.jpg

How dare he!!!

6E5GTKJ.jpg

That, that pic....Where is it come from?