• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CaptRobau

Master of the Universe
66 Badges
May 6, 2009
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III
The Bold and the Beauclercs

This mini-mod adds 85 completely new nicknames to Crusader Kings II as well as some of the unused nicknames already in the game. Many of these nicknames are variations on others. Instead of 'the Wise', science and knowledge-minded characters can now also become 'the Astrologer', 'the Book-Lover' or the 'Philosopher', among others. But some nicknames are completely different from what could be found in the game before. A ruler that is known for his wealth, can become known as 'Moneybags', an intricate web-weaving genius as 'the Cunning' or 'the Spider' or if you have scores of children as 'the Big Nest'. Other nicknames still make some of the vanilla nicknames broader, such as 'the Effeminate' which is a nickname that can be given to homosexuals. Finally, the mod adds a few nicknames only used for historical characters such as Edward 'Longshanks' and Friedrich 'Barbarossa'. All nicknames have a basis in reality and their triggers are based on the peculiarities of the historical figures that bore those names.

Take note that I removed the nicknames given by the Ambitions 'Become Exalted Among Men' and 'Become a Paragon of Virtue'. So via that route you won't become 'the Great' or 'the Holy'. I found the objectives for the Ambitions so low and the honor of those nicknames so great, that I thought it better if those nicknames were acquired via a more difficult path. Both can now be obtained by gathering at least 1000 piety of prestige. Your chance of getting these names increased at 2000, 4000 and 6000 piety/prestige.

If you have other medieval nicknames that you think are still missing from this mod, feel free to comment below.

Download
View attachment The Bold and the Beauclercs.zip

such Bold
so large font size
so wow

:rofl:

but seriously, more nicknames are always fun

... that said,
can we integrate it in Lux Invicta? :D

What about "the Magnificent" or the Magnanimous? Both have a nice ring to them. Is there "the Blind" in there?

Looks pretty good.

what rank do you have to be get the nicknames? I have a character that is Count BlahBlah "nick_the_lawful" of Whatever. Its not appearing as "the lawful"

that is a localization problem.

I love nicknames, I'm glad this is a thing.

Is this just for vanilla or is it compatible with mods such as HIP?

Well it is 6 months old, so not sure if it is compatoible with anything at all. You can always try to use Winmerge and se if it still works though.