• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 28

The journey was winding down. Still, there was some unfinished business. A war to be won, with an outcome that was far removed from what Range wanted.

33wy0wj.jpg

“We could take Thrace as easily as any other province. But, we can’t keep it.” This fact deeply troubled Range. Yet, there was a much deeper sorrow deep with his soul. Not only had he failed to save his friends, he had also failed to save his beloved Poland.

2ik5kcn.jpg

Poland had won every war it fought in this journey. This time, taking only Anatolia.

213i254.jpg

Conclusion in the upcoming post, revealing the following:

The world map.
What became of Poland once the journey was done?
And, what of the deal Range made with Alec G?

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 29

The journey was at an end...

15chk43.jpg

Finally, there truly was peace in the world; at least on this joourney.

eq2has.jpg

23w494g.jpg

wgur13.jpg

1txaog.jpg

Even though the journey was at an end, there still were some unfinished business.

No, sooner had the journey ended, Range burst through the doors of the Regent’s senate that is forever in session.

35mlhc7.jpg

Range
"How can you deny the people of Poland the freedom that is a God given right?" Range stormed.

24bvwc3.jpg

Alec G
"Range," Said Alec G, "the freedom you call for can not be achieved through us. We do not play God."

2r4o2kl.jpg

Tomlinson

"We wouldn't dare," added Tomlinson.

It must be done diplomatically. As for intervention by us, it’s impossible…we will not tamper with times marks…”

“Like the patrician you mean?” asked Range, knowing the answer.

“Indelible marks on time, my boy,” added Tomlinson.

“But, we are prepared to make good on our end of the bargain,” said Alec C. "Are you?"

“Now, what is that suppose to mean?”

“As for history…you’ll have to make an enduring mark that we cannot erase...”

“Just how would go about doing that?

“Diplomatically, of course,” said Tomlinson. “And, Fate…that you must help to make it so.”

“As for the others…all you have to do is step back through those doors.”

No sooner had Range stepped through the doors he came face to face with all his friends. Mandek, Jaroslaw, Klaudisuz, Jurek, and Evin, wer alive…”
Gorski, and Alina, rushed up to Range, wondering what happened. “Why, how did you bring it about?” they asked.

“Not me,” said Range. “The Regents…they must have took them out of the journey at the moment they were to be wounded.”

“Before they died,” said Alina.

“That’s why we could never find their bodies,” suggested Gorski. They never died.”

“The Regents just picked them up.”

“Now what?” asked Alina.

Back in the senate, Alec G and Tomlinson had a final word on the subject.

“Do you think he’ll ever understand that he doesn’t always have to achieve victory through war?” Asked Tomlinson.

“Often war is the only answer to tyranny. But, in this case he can make a different through the power of another.”

One post left: The Conclusion.

Last edited:
Interesting. At least someone in the time corps is being nice, if not fully cooperative. Is Range set for another mission in which he guides, say, France or England in EU1 without any declarations of war? Good to have his formerly dead buddies with him if he does.

Is that dark colour in South America a lingering Incan Empire? Good on them.

Interesting. At least someone in the time corps is being nice, if not fully cooperative. Is Range set for another mission in which he guides, say, France or England in EU1 without any declarations of war? Good to have his formerly dead buddies with him if he does.

Is that dark colour in South America a lingering Incan Empire? Good on them.

I'm not sure, I suppose it'll be a country I've never played.
It's amazing who survives...

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 30

To those of you that are aware of the history of Poland…somewhere beyond starlight there was a different world…Poland had been lost to the Partitions…never to rise again.

2nk1cut.jpg

2ln94cw.jpg

wtbtk5.jpg

But, that changed with a new glistening sun, as Poland rose through the efforts of some intrepid souls after World war I…only to fall to the Nazis some twenty years later.

Then, after War World II, Poland was just handed over to the Russians. Again, the light from freedom’s torch was doused once more, throwing the Polish people, as well as and, half of Europe into utter darkness...

Days later, Range sat on the couch, with Alina and Gorski at his side. “What did Alec G mean when he said I was to make an enduring mark? And, what did Tomlinson say in following up…Diplomatically”.

“That worked after World War I,” said Gorski, “But, I doubt we can talk the Russians out of Poland.

“Like they’ll ever tear down that wall,” added Alina.

“At least, Poland was placed on the map for a little while,” said Gorski.

“At least this she remains on the map,” said Range, as he fell into deep thought.

“What’s wrong, Range? Asked Alina.

“I’ve never been one for politics, but we need help…lots of help.”

“Oh, no, don’t tell me you’re going run for some political office,” said Alina, slowly, shaking her head in disbelief.

“No, not me,” said Range, “but, there’s got to be someone, and I won’t rest until I do.”

Some twenty years later, a middle age Range literally ran into a retired actor. They joke and soon got to talking, allowing Range an opportunity to really to get know the man, and set into motion a path toward freedom for Poland and much of Eastern Europe. “You know,” said Range, “you should run for governor of California…I like your jib (style). I mean it, you could go far.”

The actor laughed. That former actor would become the 4oth president of the United States. Now, you know the rest of the story.

1pi4au.jpg

"General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!'"
President Ronald Reagan

On 9 November 1989, the Berlin wall was breeched and days later it would begin to crumble as the spirit of the people of Poland along with much of Eastern Europe rose up to be free…and, thus the word came down. As God above decreed at the beginning of time, all people are born to be set free.

Last edited:
Those tricky Russians, somehow getting their act together. At least Range has the benefit of immortality/time travel and can move forward a few hundred years to come to Poland's aid.

In going up line (in time) it was the only way...I could see Range making a real difference in Poland's history. Thanks for your comments. It helps.

Wow, I just read this through...I haven't seen a EUI AAR in forever and I've seen few AARs period as delightful and succinct as yours! Well done!

I really think EU1 offered a good game. And, thank you for following along.

Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 31

The End

The Journey was long over. However, Range and Alina had just returned home to their town of Painted Post, New York. When they arrived there was a letter pinned to the front door.

Range wasn’t pleased in seeing the envelope. He knew who it was from.

“Bill collectors?” Asked Alina.

“No…the Regents.” He then removed the envelope, and put the key in the lock. Opening the door, he removed the folded paper that was within the envelope. Reading it. Range was thrown for a loop. “What?”

2s9aiio.jpg

Farly

Farly was inside the house, awaiting their arrival. “Yes, it seems your children are in trouble.”

“Our children?” Asked Alina.

Range looked at Alina, “Are you hiding something from me,” he asked.

“Well, don’t look at me,” she shot back. “They’re as much a surprise to me as they are to you.”

“THE TWINS, are in trouble.” Farly looked at Range and Alina, who were dumfounded. He then, realized his mistake. “Oh, my, you haven’t had them yet.”

“Yeah, we just got home,” said Range, “Come back in…how old are they?”

“A better question would be…what’s the twins names?”

Range stared at Alina, as if to ask, what?

“Well, you don’t want us to give them different names, do you?”

“Erin and Richard…they’re sixteen.”

“All right, I have a couple of questions myself. Why don’t go to the older us?”
“I though I had,” said Farly. “Now, I don’t know what to do. You’re missing…the both of you.”

“I don’t know that that’s suppose to mean.”

“It doesn’t matter Range…our children are in danger.”

“You’re right…” Turning his attention back to Farly, “Range asked “Would you mind telling us where they are?”

“England,” replied Farly.

Stay tune for the next EU1 ARR.

Last edited:
Oh, no, a kidnapping! We definitely need to follow up on that and bring violent justice to the perpetrators.

It's always funny seeing Painted Post being listed as a city name in the relevant province in EU1 and EU2, since I live about a mile away from it. They recently had a vote on whether to dissolve Painted Post and no longer have it exist as a municipality, but the voters came out in force to keep it in existence.

Oh, no, a kidnapping! We definitely need to follow up on that and bring violent justice to the perpetrators.

It's always funny seeing Painted Post being listed as a city name in the relevant province in EU1 and EU2, since I live about a mile away from it. They recently had a vote on whether to dissolve Painted Post and no longer have it exist as a municipality, but the voters came out in force to keep it in existence.

Good for them. America, and the world needs a municipality like Painted Post. I had a friend that lived in Painted Post...his name was Dave.

Oh wow, EU1, that brings back memories. Doesn't it have only natives in India btw?

Let me stretch my memory...India does have kingdoms in the interior, if I remember right...who's forces will cross into your lands and attack...upwards of 60,000 at a time...they almost pushed me (Portugal) out. Mysore was one.

Last edited: