• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
a short update, I am working on the next chapter but I've realised that my imageshack account will very shortly force me to upgrade, and as I don't plan to this means all images will vanish (I assume). I've finished downloading all the images and in the process of moving to a new host, so this has delayed my writing slightly. Nevertheless, I hope to be finished with the tedium of moving photos soon.

I'm facing the same problem with Imageshack, it will no longer be free. Your images should be fine however, I pulled this off their site:

What happens to my account after the trial or if it expires?
If you don’t pay after the free 30 day trial or if your premium subscription expires, image uploading will not be available. However, access to the account and images previously uploaded are still allowed.

I've not read much history of the Napoleonic Wars, but when I do get round to some more reading I'll be sure to steer clear of "Napoleon's Marshals"! What I did find interesting is that for the first part of Napoleon's reign, Etienne was fairly isolated - he was known to ha e supported a rival of Napoleon's. It was only later in the wars that he returned to prominence, but you're quite right to mention Wagram - it seems that once he returned Etienne quickly reboot the relationship with the Emperor. In this alternative story, Etienne's star has risen further, and being perceived as a rival in his own right may limit the possibility of any rapprochement.

I hope that I wouldn't cause you to want to steer clear of Delderfield's work. It's actually a pretty good work for what it is, an introduction to his marshals really. I was perhaps mislead in hoping that it would be more informative than it was. Since there are a lack of good biographies on his marshals, I picked it up thinking it would be very informative; more or less it spewed out basic biography and their highlights in the war, but nothing more. It's a competent work nonetheless. Although through various works on the Napoleonic War and biographies of, principally Napoleon, I have developed a fascination for MacDonald. His counter attack at Wagram OTL is nothing less than amazing!

Just a short update, I am working on the next chapter but I've realised that my imageshack account will very shortly force me to upgrade, and as I don't plan to this means all images will vanish (I assume). I've finished downloading all the images and in the process of moving to a new host, so this has delayed my writing slightly. Nevertheless, I hope to be finished with the tedium of moving photos soon.

I don't know if photobucket has changed, but that's the medium I use for all my images from every one of my AARs. Of course, I've had 6/7 year old accounts that are still in good shape and never paid much attention to if anything changed... but I don't complain. It's free (last time I checked, the 2GB account is free, and seemingly lasts until you use all the space).

I'm facing the same problem with Imageshack, it will no longer be free. Your images should be fine however, I pulled this off their site:

What happens to my account after the trial or if it expires?
If you don’t pay after the free 30 day trial or if your premium subscription expires, image uploading will not be available. However, access to the account and images previously uploaded are still allowed.

Good to know, looks like I don't need to edit the old posts and rehost the images - good to know!

I hope that I wouldn't cause you to want to steer clear of Delderfield's work. It's actually a pretty good work for what it is, an introduction to his marshals really. I was perhaps mislead in hoping that it would be more informative than it was. Since there are a lack of good biographies on his marshals, I picked it up thinking it would be very informative; more or less it spewed out basic biography and their highlights in the war, but nothing more. It's a competent work nonetheless. Although through various works on the Napoleonic War and biographies of, principally Napoleon, I have developed a fascination for MacDonald. His counter attack at Wagram OTL is nothing less than amazing!

Fair enough, it does sound like more a a reference textbook rather than a narrative.

Looking forward to more!

I had hoped to have something ready for this week but unfortunately run out of time; I'm travelling over the weekend. Rest assured, the next update will be along early next week :)

I don't know if photobucket has changed, but that's the medium I use for all my images from every one of my AARs. Of course, I've had 6/7 year old accounts that are still in good shape and never paid much attention to if anything changed... but I don't complain. It's free (last time I checked, the 2GB account is free, and seemingly lasts until you use all the space).

I've gone for imgur in the end, and they seem to be pretty good. Hopefully I don't need to need to worry about my hosting again - would love it if I can forget about it for the next six or seven years!

Out of the subject but I really want to find a 1814 or 1815 scenario for the game. Do you think it exist? Google didn't find nothing!

Awesome read.
This makes me want to play some more MotE.. But there were some glaring issues with it last time I played..
Namely, England's navy was very OP, and France's army were OP aswell.
I wish they released alteast a final patch.. :<