• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((2 because U-S-A!))

((2

But what about liberate English provinces but only in America or the Isles? This way they will claim for reconquest but the UK could not liberate England (they already would be free) ))

((I like Warlord Skorr's suggestion but if that doesn't work then 1.))

((Just ask yourself what would Rammstein do?))

((Just ask yourself what would Rammstein do?))

(( We could indeed do more breakaway states. Even with England gone they're at -100 colonial power. They've got a Louisiana State (not to be confused with Louisiana) waiting to be released as a dominion, plus a few other scattered nations. Also, while #1 seems the popular choice, I don't believe the New England tag is being used.

For that matter, the options aren't exclusive. We could put in regional cores to provide nations they could be forced to give up, while turning colonies into states so they don't automatically do so. ))

((1, as Michelangelo says - we could use a rival. It's also closest to the situation in the EU3 game. Amusingly, in my EU3->V2 game, the USA formed in EU3, but in V2, Germany formed and the entire USA ended up part of it.))

((varetta, so I understand you correctly, you want England to still exist, but only in one place or the other?))

As far as what's possible, if Idhrendur says he can/is willing to do it, I'm all for it. Keep in mind that it probably won't affect our war with the Empire all that much, no matter what we choose, unless the Generals are busily planning some sort of Atlantic invasion. I'm pretty firm on having the British Isles, well, British.

1 does indeed appear to be winning, at the moment. Also, if you haven't voted on the DOW yet *cough* Dadarian *cough*, you still have a little bit of time to do so.

There are some Stadtholders who are still to cast their votes, others who are reconsidering. To them I say the following: If the province of Somerset is worth more to you than the lives of thousands, if you wish to follow the Chancellor's every move, do vote in favour - it is obviously what you want. However, if you value economic growth and cultural prowess over military growth; if you do not wish to see fatherless children and widows begging in the streets of Nurnberg, sorrowed and broken by the loss of their husband and father... then please, vote against an economically and culturally devastating war.

- DDr. Gotha

The deadline is past, and the DOW is passed. What does this mean right now?

1 -- Warlord Skorr has already told me he intends to make adjustments to the foreign policy program in connection with the war. He will post those as soon as he is able for a proper vote. This will include any additional war goals which we might wish to add.
2 -- The actual timing of the DOW will be decided by the Chief of Staff of the Army and Navy. They will include this in their actual war plans, which they may also share as soon as they are able. These may be debated, but there will no be actual vote.
3 -- Re: Peace. My thought, at present, is that we will fight until the British are ready to surrender (which could be quite fast). If we can at, any point, achieve our war goals, I will end the war without a vote. If one or more is in doubt, we will revisit our goals, decide which we will press (if any), and go from there. This, like the DOW, would require a majority vote of both houses.
4 -- Mobilization -- when this is to be triggered, if at all -- is decided by the Conclave. (As for who would control the timing, I would say either the Chancellor or the Minister of the Interior.)

Since #1 won by a pretty decent margin, Idhrendur, just go ahead and absorb everything into the British Empire. Warlord Skorr, jeeshadow, Sakura_F, the floor is yours.

Stadtholders and my fellow Assembleymen, it is to be war.

I have listened to the objections raised, and I call upon those who voted against war on the grounds of unwillingness to endanger German men in battle to support my next actions as the Deputy Foreign Minister.

I intend to devote the entirety of our diplomatic corps to the task of ensuring the neutrality of France in the coming war, save one team of diplomats poised to sign a treaty of peace the moment Great Britain is willing to repudiate its ill-gotten gains and allow the people of Somerset to rejoin our brotherhood. Once no more can be done to ensure stable relations with our western neighbor, the available diplomatic teams will be redirected to formalize our diplomatic friendship with the Roman Empire and Venice as well as strengthen goodwill among the other nations we call our allies and friends. By this, I mean to let our actions speak for us; the Republic of Germany is a mighty friend to those who love peace and a grim foe to the enemies of human dignity, relentless in its drive to reverse injustice but willing to forgive quickly and without malice.

Long may the men of Somerset stand among the German people as equals and never again kneel as slaves to the Scottish.

((To clear up any confusion, the only real difference between my foreign policy and varetta's is that in addition to his plans for using our Influence, our Diplo points(save one to make peace as soon as possible) will be spent buttering up France until we are at max relations with them or the war is over, then improving relations with the Byzantine Empire, Venice, Japan, and Canada in hopes of improving our Influence gain and eventually sphereing them, then improving relations with the spherelings we already have.))

Last edited:
((*cough* Dadarian *cough*))

((Was there a vote? Dearest me I must have missed it, jeez, guess that means I don't have to take any unpopular opinions))

Stadtholders and my fellow Assembleymen, it is to be war.

I have listened to the objections raised, and I call upon those who voted against war on the grounds of unwillingness to endanger German men in battle to support my next actions as the Deputy Foreign Minister.

I intend to devote the entirety of our diplomatic corps to the task of ensuring the neutrality of France in the coming war, save one team of diplomats poised to sign a treaty of peace the moment Great Britain is willing to repudiate its ill-gotten gains and allow the people of Somerset to rejoin our brotherhood. Once no more can be done to ensure stable relations with our western neighbor, the available diplomatic teams will be redirected to formalize our diplomatic friendship with the Roman Empire and Venice as well as strengthen goodwill among the other nations we call our allies and friends. By this, I mean to let our actions speak for us; the Republic of Germany is a mighty friend to those who love peace and a grim foe to the enemies of human dignity, relentless in its drive to reverse injustice but willing to forgive quickly and without malice.

Long may the men of Somerset stand among the German people as equals and never again kneel as slaves to the Scottish.

((To clear up any confusion, the only real difference between my foreign policy and varetta's is that in addition to his plans for using our Influence, our Diplo points(save one to make peace as soon as possible) will be spent buttering up France until we are at max relations with them or the war is over, then improving relations with the Byzantine Empire, Venice, Japan, and Canada in hopes of improving our Influence gain and eventually sphereing them, then improving relations with the spherelings we already have.))
While I object to this war and it pains me to see war plans on the floor of the Conclave I find myself supportive of the attidute of this plan. If it must be war let it be over quickly and ensure that we don't get into a situation of a multi front war. Howeaver aloung these lines I must ask Assemblyman Defarge what his plans to ensure Polish nuetrality are? It is a good idea to ensure French nuetrality but we must not be left ungauraded against the eastern flank.

While I object to this war and it pains me to see war plans on the floor of the Conclave I find myself supportive of the attitude of this plan. If it must be war let it be over quickly and ensure that we don't get into a situation of a multi front war. However along these lines I must ask Assemblyman Defarge what his plans to ensure Polish neutrality are? It is a good idea to ensure French neutrality but we must not be left ungraded against the eastern flank.

It will be the power of our soldiers and the superiority of German weapons and tactics what will assure the calm in the east front

I am sure that Herr Alex von Bern and the Chiefs of the Armed Forces will explain it deeply once they consider but I swear you that our armed forces are prepared for such eventuality.

And for you all the other members of the Assembly and Conclave, whatever you have voted, whatever you think of this war or of myself, I beg you to be all together in the future and support our armed forces in the coming conflict.

Gott bless them!!

Chancellor Picard

((By the way, some one has any thought about war targets? Will we take Sommerset only or do you want any more (land in the Islands, to free some nation, liberate from sphere, payments...)?))

While I object to this war and it pains me to see war plans on the floor of the Conclave I find myself supportive of the attitude of this plan. If it must be war let it be over quickly and ensure that we don't get into a situation of a multi-front war. However along these lines I must ask Assemblyman Defarge what his plans to ensure Polish neutrality are? It is a good idea to ensure French neutrality but we must not be left unguarded against the eastern flank.
Unless something changed since yesterday, Poland is embroiled in two wars, one of which they have deeply committed themselves to. I do not expect they will trouble us for some time. Admittedly, France has been devastated in one of such wars to the tune of 30,000 men, but I feel that it is far more likely to attempt an attack upon us if the opportunity arises. The French monarchy is in a weaker position than Poland and bears deeper grievances against us. Since French reasons for declaring war could only be based on passion or desperation I felt diplomatic avenues would be more effective than military threats.

((If I was playing, I would release as many nations from the British Empire as I could and expand the German foothold in the Isles. Jérôme, however, would be vehemently against expanding the scope of the war beyond Somerset. He may be occasionally petty and a hot-headed ideologue, but he isn't a hypocrite.))