• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((When's the window for party policy changes?))

((Officially, between the posting of the 1839 update and the 1840 election. No reason you can't start discussing it now, behind the scenes, though.))

For the war. The time has come for us to step up to our proper place in the world. Glory to Germany!
-Friedrich von Hohenzollern, Chief of the Navy

DDR Gotha As I stated earlier, I am no soldier. I am a historian, a philosopher and more recently an educator. For that reason I must trust my nephew's opinion over my own thoughts on the matter. I hope you understand my reasoning. In this case I will trust my nephew. If it goes as poorly as I fear it might, he will lose that trust.

Maximillian

DDR Gotha As I stated earlier, I am no soldier. I am a historian, a philosopher and more recently an educator. For that reason I must trust my nephew's opinion over my own thoughts on the matter. I hope you understand my reasoning. In this case I will trust my nephew. If it goes as poorly as I fear it might, he will lose that trust.

Maximillian

Your nephew is a soldier, yes?

~ Dr. Floretin Willem Graf von Wächterbach, Ph.D.

Early returns show a landslide of support in the Assembly with a very, very narrow margin in favor in the Conclave.

My nephew is Hugo Unger, Oberst of Dragoons in Third Army.

Wouldn't it then follow, sir, that he would be perhaps more optimistic of our chances in any war than, say, a non-military man such as myself? With respect to your nephew, he has not seen action for many months now, and will likely want to actually fight and do his job. It is not a soldier's job, after all, to stand around polishing rifles. This would probably make him a bit more open to the idea of war than a less biased person, wouldn't you say?

Let me put it another way: if I were to offer my custom to a company, but had doubts about the quality of their service or necessity of their products, would I look to an employee of that company – someone for whom my custom is their livelihood – to placate my worries? Or would I look for a more neutral figure?

~ Von Wächtersbach, Ph.D.

While many of my comrades are concerned with endlessly seeking to regain land that once was ours, I do not believe this concern applies here. It is not yet a full generation since Somerset was taken. Nay, not yet even a decade has passed. If we allow the British to take what has long been our land, still filled with our citizens, without punishment, then what further will they be emboldened to do? War there must be.

Herr Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck

Official polling:

About 50% of the possible voters (245 total votes) have voted in the assembly. 185 vote in favor, 60 against. That's 76% of the total vote, which more than satisfies the simple majority requirement. It's possible the DOW could still fail in the Assembly, but highly unlikely.

Much closer in the Conclave: of the 80 votes already cast, 45 are for the war and 35 are against it. That's a margin of 57% -- healthy, but depending on the votes of the four remaining Stadtholders (the Alliance votes matter, incidentally, as it is potentially possible for there to be a fifty-fifty split, which means defeat) that could change.

It would take a monumental shift to kill the DOW in the Assembly. It's possible, but barely.

(( Is the save on the OP the latest? I'll try to take a look at it soon, if my optimism that I won't be entirely loopy this evening isn't misplaced. (worst cold ever). ))

Official polling:

About 50% of the possible voters (245 total votes) have voted in the assembly. 185 vote in favor, 60 against. That's 76% of the total vote, which more than satisfies the simple majority requirement. It's possible the DOW could still fail in the Assembly, but highly unlikely.

Much closer in the Conclave: of the 80 votes already cast, 45 are for the war and 35 are against it. That's a margin of 57% -- healthy, but depending on the votes of the four remaining Stadtholders (the Alliance votes matter, incidentally, as it is potentially possible for there to be a fifty-fifty split, which means defeat) that could change.

It would take a monumental shift to kill the DOW in the Assembly. It's possible, but barely.

Our friends in the Assembly have failed us in our struggle to say no to a vanity war its passage there is almost assured. This makes it more important for each and every one of you to find the courage to stand up for the German people against Chancellor de la Rosa Picard. I urge each and every one of you who votes for this war to very carefully think about its costs and what you will say the the weaping widows and mothers in your districts upon the war's closure. No, instead let you be able to say that you prevented such a tragedy by stopping this vanity war in the Conclave of Stradeholders. Let you be praised as the salvation of thousands by not getting cought up in petty claims.

(( Okay, poked at the save a bit. Have some ideas. But remind we which idea it is you use to reabsorb England. ))

(( Okay, poked at the save a bit. Have some ideas. But remind we which idea it is you use to reabsorb England. ))

((It's not the very latest, but the difference between the saves is I moved the generals around in the most recent one. If it's necessary, let me know and I'll post it.

I've been using the console -- event 60120 ENL -- to reabsorb England. The weird thing is that it took for Scotland -- no problems there -- but not England.))

((It's not the very latest, but the difference between the saves is I moved the generals around in the most recent one. If it's necessary, let me know and I'll post it.

I've been using the console -- event 60120 ENL -- to reabsorb England. The weird thing is that it took for Scotland -- no problems there -- but not England.))

(( There will be some edits to the save when I'm done, so the latest would be good. Also, what's the range of acceptable results? Adjusting cores is probably the easiest solution, but turning colonial states to full states the most likely to keep their Empire fully together. Thing is, if I do that, they'll be unlikely to ever release the overseas holdings as part of the game. Maybe if I make UK England and overseas England different nations? ))

(( There will be some edits to the save when I'm done, so the latest would be good. Also, what's the range of acceptable results? Adjusting cores is probably the easiest solution, but turning colonial states to full states the most likely to keep their Empire fully together. Thing is, if I do that, they'll be unlikely to ever release the overseas holdings as part of the game. Maybe if I make UK England and overseas England different nations? ))

This is important enough to take to a poll.

1) We accept that if we wish the British Empire to be smaller we, ah, encourage it ourselves. (That is, England is fully absorbed, with full colony-> states.)
2) We create the USA out of the English provinces in North America. (I guess California would be a better choice geographically, but the USA is more interesting from a gameplay perspective.) We should also strip their meaningless cores on Newfoundland in this scenario.

Other suggestions are welcomed! 1 vote, 1 person. (The save will be posted in a few seconds.)

1) We accept that if we wish the British Empire to be smaller we, ah, encourage it ourselves. (That is, England is fully absorbed, with full colony-> states.)
2) We create the USA out of the English provinces in North America. (I guess California would be a better choice geographically, but the USA is more interesting from a gameplay perspective.) We should also strip their meaningless cores on Newfoundland in this scenario.

Other suggestions are welcomed! 1 vote, 1 person. (The save will be posted in a few seconds.)

1)
sounds like the best choice.

((Well as much as I might want to see how the ACW goes down with this wacky setup:laugh: I will be voting for 1))

((I vote 2 for Californication.))