• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So when the Mongols start invasion they won't be two khanates anymore.

How is PI going to handle the separation of the Empire?

I'm also kind of worried about how they'll handle the Chagatai Khanate.

I wait for the Kara Kitai. :laugh:

I wonder if this makes the zorothastrian ruler/playthrough/achievement harder or easier (because your neighbours will have two fronts).

Probably easier, I think. From some of the screenshots it looks like you might be able to eat land around the Saffarids to the East and get a bit more strength. More land to flee to in the worst case, I guess.

I think this expansion may have made me more excited than any of the previous ones, if it beats ToG then I will be seriously impressed. I'm happy they decided to do India, it's such a great region that's probably never really been represented during this time period in a game before, so it should be unique. Plus, the way it will vastly improve Persia gameplay is possibly even better than the addition of India itself. So much to like.

Now the one thing I'm wondering is: If "Africa" is getting an overhaul, does that mean West Africa too? As in: Will we see Kanem Bornu? If so, I think this will be the expansion to expand all expansions for me.

Probably easier, I think. From some of the screenshots it looks like you might be able to eat land around the Saffarids to the East and get a bit more strength. More land to flee to in the worst case, I guess.

I think this expansion may have made me more excited than any of the previous ones, if it beats ToG then I will be seriously impressed. I'm happy they decided to do India, it's such a great region that's probably never really been represented during this time period in a game before, so it should be unique. Plus, the way it will vastly improve Persia gameplay is possibly even better than the addition of India itself. So much to like.

Now the one thing I'm wondering is: If "Africa" is getting an overhaul, does that mean West Africa too? As in: Will we see Kanem Bornu? If so, I think this will be the expansion to expand all expansions for me.

Last time it would have been in any real way in a "Western" game was Genghis Khan 2: Clan of the Grey Wolf - and even then you couldn't play most of the powers, just the Delhi Sultanate and one other in a different 'era' start.

So yeah, been a LONG time.

In what Paradox said in one of the interviews, they didn't say Africa but Ethiopia, Somalia and Abyssinia. Africa is just being used here as it's shorter