Hotfix: 1.4.1 and more - checksum ea04 - NO PROBLEM REPORTS HERE PLS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just lost my Netherlands Ironman game... When i started it was Ironman, but i noticed, that the game saves too rarely and way too fast. Leaved the game and surprise mofo: it wasn't Ironman anymore. Any ideas, suggestions? Can i turn it back somehow, or that's it?

You can play ironman on the hotfix version, you will not on the open beta unfortunately.

Just checking: for those *unfortunate* players amongst us who lost a good Ironman session due to whatever caused it... we're not getting our saves back? Right now I started the game and saw the last 'reverted' cloud save (I only save Ironman games on cloud) - I'm not even talking about the save I had to 'suddenly' make years later when I as many others suddenly noticed 'Ironman gone'... - but when I start it, it is still regular. Do I have to pour in hours in a new Ironman session again? Is that all you can do for us?

PS: I read there in the bug forum that there was a way to restore broken cloud saves to Ironman status? Is this known, if so can a step-by-step guid be posted to help us poor victims ;)

Thank you very much, guys. Keep up the intensive labor!

And keep in mind that what really matters is the final result of all the hard work. Minor bugs along the way and balancing problems between major patches/DLCs are perfectly understandable. In the end of the road, I have no doubt we'll all be enjoying an almost perfect EU4, another masterpiece. Crusader Kings 2 is proof enough for that. :happy:

Would it be too much to ask that changelogs also include a list of all the game files that have been altered, so that modders can at a glance determine which of their mods' files they'd have to alter accordingly to avoid unintended results (like a CTD when the game is looking for a crucial parameter that is not in the modded file), instead of having to individually check each modded file against its unmodded counterpart?

Would it be too much to ask that changelogs also include a list of all the game files that have been altered, so that modders can at a glance determine which of their mods' files they'd have to alter accordingly to avoid unintended results (like a CTD when the game is looking for a crucial parameter that is not in the modded file), instead of having to individually check each modded file against its unmodded counterpart?

File attached with the list. Generated on my Mac by the 'find' command...

"Find"? What search terms did you use?

From the game install folder (~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Europa Universalis IV) I ran the following in the terminal:

find . -mtime -5 -print

This will find any files updated in the last 5 days (i.e. since I installed 1.4). This kind of thing has worked perfectly in the past for updates since the modification times of the unchanged files are not changed. :)

Actually, I should have used:

find . -type f -mtime -5 -print

to eliminate the folders from the output.

And once that's done, I use 'diff' to compare my files with the vanilla files. That generates a list of changes with line numbers and I can simply review the diff to see if the change is relevant to my mod...or if I want to ignore it.

File attached with the list. Generated on my Mac by the 'find' command...

Those are the changes from 1.4.1 to 1.4.1.1. The script changes in 1.4.1 are only:

vanilla/common/ai_attitudes/00_ai_attitudes.txt | 13 +++----------
vanilla/localisation/nw_l_english.yml | 1 +
2 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

See also, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?747197-1.4-changes-to-existing-files

Will you be able to annex/integrate colonial vassals later on?
Because of the spending i did on the colonies, it will take a long time before i will run profit from them.
(also, because of my smart colonizing and random map my colonial state has already more base tax then me. (Portugal))

Status
Not open for further replies.