EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello! I have a question regarding taking provinces in a peace deal: what are the requirements for a province to be a valid peace deal component? At first I thought it was just being an occupied province without being the capital, regardless of Casus Belli, but in my most recent game as Sweden I have, in multiple wars against Muscovy, occupied multiple provinces of theirs without any of them ever appearing as an option in the peace deal; in fact, only when I went to war with a claim on a specific province did THAT SINGLE PROVINCE appeared in the peace deal, and nothing else. That slowed my expansion significantly. Help?

Hello! I have a question regarding taking provinces in a peace deal: what are the requirements for a province to be a valid peace deal component? At first I thought it was just being an occupied province without being the capital, regardless of Casus Belli, but in my most recent game as Sweden I have, in multiple wars against Muscovy, occupied multiple provinces of theirs without any of them ever appearing as an option in the peace deal; in fact, only when I went to war with a claim on a specific province did THAT SINGLE PROVINCE appeared in the peace deal, and nothing else. That slowed my expansion significantly. Help?

Some Causus belli cannot demand provinces.

Some Causus belli cannot demand provinces.

But what about the conquest casus belli? I'm pretty sure that even then I couldn't ask for anything but the province I had a claim on. Is that WAD? I don't recall that limitation in my other games

But what about the conquest casus belli? I'm pretty sure that even then I couldn't ask for anything but the province I had a claim on. Is that WAD? I don't recall that limitation in my other games

If you are in a coalition against your target you can only demand claims or cores, regardless of the CB you used.

Some noob questions from a first time Paradox player.

I have read about light ships helping your trade power.
If you own a node, do they have to be in port or in the sea tile adjacent to that node, example london or antwerpen?

Who can negotiate peace?
I have been drug into several wars by my vassals and I end up as war leader, however the enemy war leader negotiates (apparently) with i suppose the original attacker or defender(my vassal) and not me. So i get nothing even from a decent war score of 40%.
Can war initiators negotiate peace as well as war leaders, if they are different?

If you have a combat width of 20, and you have more than 20 combined infantry and cavalry, do the extra units do nothing in the back row?
Are artillery always lined up in the 2nd row or does this have to be manually set somewhere?

Much appreciated.

Thanks DDRJake.
I have read about light ships helping your trade power.
If you own a node, do they have to be in port or in the sea tile adjacent to that node, example london or antwerpen?
When you select a lightship there is a protect trade option.
Who can negotiate peace?
I have been drug into several wars by my vassals and I end up as war leader, however the enemy war leader negotiates (apparently) with i suppose the original attacker or defender(my vassal) and not me. So i get nothing even from a decent war score of 40%.
Can war initiators negotiate peace as well as war leaders, if they are different?
Are you sure about that ? Vassals will never engage in a war on their own, the only possibility is you inherited the war when you vassalized someone, while they were at war. Warleaders can negotiate peace with everyone except subject nations and the wargoal, if the wargoal is not the warleader.
If you have a combat width of 20, and you have more than 20 combined infantry and cavalry, do the extra units do nothing in the back row?
Yes.
Are artillery always lined up in the 2nd row or does this have to be manually set somewhere?
They are in the 2nd row as long as there are units in the 1st row. Everything happens automated.

Are you sure about that ? Vassals will never engage in a war on their own, the only possibility is you inherited the war when you vassalized someone, while they were at war. Warleaders can negotiate peace with everyone except subject nations and the wargoal, if the wargoal is not the warleader.

I'll have to pay more attention to who's attacking what...

Thanks for all the answers.

Cheers

I haven't been playing the game for few months now, as I have very little time, and I also got stuck within HRE politics. So my question is:

Holy Roman Emperor is currently 4-year-old Franz who is under regency in Austria (so you can't kill him via command/cheat as far as I know). I already have a majority of electors' votes secured as George I. of Podiebrady of Bohemia and want to rule the Reich. And, obviously, I don't want to wait 20 years or so (I would die anyway). So what are my options?

Thx in advance..

I haven't been playing the game for few months now, as I have very little time, and I also got stuck within HRE politics. So my question is:

Holy Roman Emperor is currently 4-year-old Franz who is under regency in Austria (so you can't kill him via command/cheat as far as I know). I already have a majority of electors' votes secured as George I. of Podiebrady of Bohemia and want to rule the Reich. And, obviously, I don't want to wait 20 years or so (I would die anyway). So what are my options?
First: Your current ruler dying will have no effect at all on the succession unless your heir is female.

Second: The only solution involves at least two, possibly three, wars. (Break Austria up, then forcibly vassalize the remaining rump state; force-vassalizing the Emperor dethrones him.)

Playing as Portugal. Dominated Castile and Granada utilising alliances from Aragon and France, now have both Castile and Granada as vassals. Now I'm betraying Aragon with England and France as allies. They have a personal union with Naples, trying to integrate them. It's not progressing due to them not having good diplomatic reputation (in fact sometimes it's going backwards). How can I get Aragon or Naples to cancel this union? I've been at war with Aragon, took a couple provinces but there was no way to cancel treaties or anything.

Playing as Portugal. Dominated Castile and Granada utilising alliances from Aragon and France, now have both Castile and Granada as vassals. Now I'm betraying Aragon with England and France as allies. They have a personal union with Naples, trying to integrate them. It's not progressing due to them not having good diplomatic reputation (in fact sometimes it's going backwards). How can I get Aragon or Naples to cancel this union? I've been at war with Aragon, took a couple provinces but there was no way to cancel treaties or anything.

Knock their prestige into the negative and keep it there until their ruler dies.

Demand unlawfull territory is supposed to work? I was never been capable of succed in one of it.

You basically have to do it on the day they demand peace, before they start coring it.