• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 17

Range stepped out of the library, to find out what was all the commotion about. No sooner had he stepped into the hallway, a vase flew over his head. The vase crashed against the door, breaking into a hundred or more pieces.

“What’s going on?” Range asked, perturbed.

Jacomo hurried to stand behind Range, for protection.

ml1ph1.jpg

Jacomo

“They both say they’re married to you.”

Alec G and Tomlinson then moved from the room.

Having overheard Jacomo, Alec G tells Range, “That's the trouble with time travel,”. He then chuckled as he and Tomlinson moved off.

zu5cg8.jpg

Alina

2hfm7eq.jpg

The next day, Tomlinson and Alec G are seated in the senate awaiting for that day’s proceedings to begin.

The senate members did not stand as the five high judges entered. They were not required to. In everyone’s eyes all in the room were equals.

“Do you think we’ll accomplish more then choosing a name for their office?” Tomlinson asked Alec G.

“Not if our two friends have anything to say about.”

The two traitors were not positioned close to one another. They seldom even talked to one another as to not raise suspicions about themselves.

After the five judges took their seats, the head judge asked everyone if there was any bills to be set forth to the senate.

One senator, an old wiry sage, stood. “I would like to propose a bill that would eliminate the possibility that no one besides Polish born citizens would have the chance to lead our great nation.”

hv4878.jpg

Rathborne.

Rathborne gave Perkins, one of the traitors, a nod to move into action.

Perkins immediately stood, all a fire with resolve. “I can not see how one man’s birthplace is more important than another's!”

“I agree,” said Breedless, the second traitor as he popped up.

No sooner had the words finished coming out of Breedless’ mouth, Alina blew a whistle from the gallery.

A moment later, the doors to the senate burst open. Range then lead a small detachment of soldiers into the senate chamber.

“What is the meaning of this,” asked the indignant Head Judge.

Range, holding up the traitorous letter for all to see, replied, “I’m here to arrest two traitors, who’s names are on this letter.”

“May I see this letter?” The Head Judge asked.

Range complied, allowing the Head Judge to read the letter. “I suppose these two men have been under surveillance?”

“They have…in hopes they’d lead us to the ringleader. But, we’ve had no luck thus far in finding out his identity.”

“Do your duty, sir.”

“Arrest Senator Perkins, and Senator Breedless.”

Range’s troopers sprung into action, quickly securing Perkins.

From the balcony, Alina called out, “Range…Breedless is getting away!”

Breedless was just out the backdoor, when of all people Marium drew a blade as if out of thin air. “Where do you think you’re going?” She asked Breedless, who didn’t dare to take another step.

Jacomo was amazed by Marium moves. “Where did that knife come from?”

Rathborne, still seated, looked troubled.

Last edited:
Ha, of course Breedless would be one of the conspirators, as he has no breeding.

Interesting developments, though. I am puzzling through each name besides Range's to try and mentally accuse that person of being a secret third member of the conspiracy. Did Marium get the knife from a conspirator? Were the wives goaded into a fight by the conspirators, and is either wife a member of the conspiracy? How is Rathborne connected with the conspiracy? Is the goal of the conspiracy to make me paranoid? What's that noise at the door? Is Perkins coming to stab me? I need closure!

Ha, of course Breedless would be one of the conspirators, as he has no breeding.

Interesting developments, though. I am puzzling through each name besides Range's to try and mentally accuse that person of being a secret third member of the conspiracy. Did Marium get the knife from a conspirator? Were the wives goaded into a fight by the conspirators, and is either wife a member of the conspiracy? How is Rathborne connected with the conspiracy? Is the goal of the conspiracy to make me paranoid? What's that noise at the door? Is Perkins coming to stab me? I need closure!

That's great, my friend...as for closure, there's plenty of time to wrap this journey up.

Poland

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 18

Shortly after the two traitors, Perkins, and Breedless had been taken as prisoners, the king had them turned over to him for questioning. Less than a few hours later, the pair were attacked and killed by a mob.

“Now, we’ll never know knew Mr. X is,” said Tomlinson.

“I wouldn’t be so sure,” said Alec G. “Be sure, before long he’ll show his true colors.”

No truer words have never been spoken. For the next day, Mister X made his move.

2m5ytxu.jpg

Rathborne (pronounced Rat born) stood up, and acknowledged one bill to be noteworthy. “As it is that this assembly wishes to adopt the bill, to limit our leaders to only those born within the limits of the Polish and Lithuanian provinces as of 1399, I will not utter a word against such a vote. However, with that said I would like to propose, or stress the need to employ our navy.”

Many of the senators looked to one another, as a buzz rose about the chamber. “Navy?”

Alec G. frowned knowingly. “You are of course referring to the thirty-three ships of the line that were captured…from the Teutonic Order, and Kurland with annexing them.”

“Yes…”

“For what reason?”

“For the defense of Poland and Lithuanian’s union. Futhermore, I would to nominate Admiral Bly as commander and chief of our Navy.”

“The very same admiral Bly, who grandfather commanded the Teutonic navy against us when their country were annexed by us. And, if so, who would man our vessels…where come would they be from?”

Why the rush, Admiral Bly asked Rathborne as their carriage raced to the coast where the ships had been moth balled all these years.

“You must take control as soon as possible. This folly of a nation must fall. Up to this date, no allocation has been procured to maintain a fleet. My intention is force Range reduce his land forces so we can build a navy.”
“You know, as well as I do…Poland needs a strong land force. They have no need for a navy. In fact, it would…”

Precisely…but, for our needs it would split their allocations…between land and sea forces?”

“We would limit their land forces…cut it in half.”

“We become vulnerable to attack…and revolts.”

Their joyous mood, was quickly cut short when a column of horse drawn cannons were seen moving from the coast.

“Navy cannons,” said Bly.

When they reached the coast of Kurland, they stepped down from the coach to gaze out to the Polish navy…thirty-three ship of the line battleships anchored not far away.

“Bam…” The lead ship exploded into splinters, and quickly sank. Soon, others exploded, until every ship of the line had either been scuttled, or blown out of existence.

Range then stepped up to the scoundrels and uttered these fateful words, “Well, that’s all that can be said for the Polish navy.” He then paused, before stressing strongly his next thought, “Look…I know the game you two were playing, and it stops here and now. Arrest these men for treason!”

With the threat of a Polish navy gone, Poland’s real strength…its land forces would now only grow ever stronger.

As for Rathborne and Bly…well, they were never see or heard of from that day on.

As for war, another war was never far away…followed by another that would engulf Poland into multiple engagements. This pattern had played out multiple times. The result thus far had allowed Poland to grow larger each time.

316xi0p.jpg

Brandenburg…didn’t stand a chance…Brandenburg was Annexed…with Poland gaining both Brandenburg and Magdeburg joining Poland.

2nrn3mr.jpg

Saxony was next on the list.

2v30nkl.jpg

Again, Russia rose up for battle. But, they were let off the hook.

2pes4.jpg

It was Saxony, Poland was aiming at...and, Hannover became the prize.

2zpo1eb.jpg

And, of course…Sweden. Nyland, also became a part of Poland.

vd2yat.jpg

The new Poland.

Last edited:
Ah, the defeat of Brandenburg, the place which could have taken a third of Poland in another life.

The mob killing those traitors reminded me of Ruby killing Oswald after the Kennedy assassination, along with the fact that we knew there was a conspiracy in the Polish case, so I wondered if the rest of the traitors would escape. But fortunately the rat has been trapped.

Ah, the defeat of Brandenburg, the place which could have taken a third of Poland in another life.

The mob killing those traitors reminded me of Ruby killing Oswald after the Kennedy assassination, along with the fact that we knew there was a conspiracy in the Polish case, so I wondered if the rest of the traitors would escape. But fortunately the rat has been trapped.

It was only a matter of time, before the rat lifted it's head...

POLAND EU1

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 19

11afguu.jpg

Kazan just didn’t get it. If you leave the sleeping alone, he won’t bite you.

r91ni1.jpg

But, no…they have to go and get all rowdy.

11hyxar.jpg

See…you’ll never learn.

f3xmvn.jpg

Peace…

2d7heva.jpg

Is this the first time in a while that you've been at war with nobody at all? That could be interesting. Maybe it means all the traitors have been weeded out.

No...they just disappeared.

POLAND (EU1)

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 20

Poland had welcomed a time of not fighting the strong European nations. There was no way for Range to know why. However, he did knew why. Still, he never let on he had reasons for concern.

Early one morning, Jacomo rushed up the stone steps of Polish military headquarters in Warsaw to share urgent news with Range. Entering the building, he wasted little precious time before calling out. “Where is Range?” he yelled. “I must see Range immediately…I have vital information for him.”

Alina, seeing Jacomo, called out, “Jacomo, what’s wrong?”

“Alina…I must speak to Range immediately…all of Europe is gathering.”

“What’s this?” asked Range, standing the hallway.

“Range…prepare for a war unlike any you’ve seen…all of Europe are banding together to destroy Poland.”

“Austria?”

“No…not Austria.”

“What of Bavaria?”

“No…they’re still loyal…”

“See, it’s not as bad as you think.”

“Range, you have no idea what you’re going up against.”

“I know…I expected it.”

“You did?” asked Alina.

“Europe has been quiet for too long. That’s why I had Jacomo spy on everyone. Now we must prepare.”

“I’m not a soldier, nor am I a coward, Range. It's just I detest violence...”

“I know…you’ve already served your country well.”

“God speed, Range.”

“Until we meet again.”

With that, Jacomo left.

The storm clouds gathered all across Europe and beyond.

30cuobb.jpg

Saxony…Thuringen…

rrqxc3.jpg

Denmark, France, the Knights of St. John, Scotland…

1zleip5.jpg

The Netherlands…

2vuy55l.jpg

Astrakhan, Portugal…

25rpf9w.jpg

Crimea, and Holstein, so far…have joined a coalition against Poland.

(It’s probably going to be a very long period of war. Most likely it’ll take more than one post to write it up.) I should have waited until the weekend to find this out.

I expect that Sweden, and Russia, will want a piece of Poland as well. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
That's one big heap of countries.

It can only get worse. Hoping to start fighting tonight. It don't look good for Poland. I keep telling myself...it's only a game...it's only a game.

POLAND (EU1)

rs8xtx.jpg

Entry 21

Range gathered his officers together and explained the situation. “There are at least fourteen nations that have formed a coalition against Poland. Let’s make a toast to Poland…may she be as free tomorrow as she is today. To Poland…”

Alina, Gorski, Mandek, Jaroslaw, Klaudiusz, and Evin lifted their glasses and yelled, “To Poland!”

Mandek then spoke up remembering, “To our fallen comrade, Jurek in heaven, until we meet again.”

“TO JUREK!” They all said in unison.

Range, after giving the second toast, turned glum as if he expected the worst in the coming days.

Alina looking to Range, asked softly, “What’s wrong?”

Range answered in a whisper, “How many of us will we lose?”

The intrepid eight were recruited to save Poland from the partitions many journeys ago. All they managed to do was to history for the bad. Not only the partitions remain marked on time, but Poland found itself in even a worse situation. Poland never became free again. November 1989, came and went and the wall never came down.

Range has returned to change all that.

Just because you know history, doesn’t mean the history you know today will remain the same for tomorrow.

It was war. After several months Range had worn down the French in the Northeast.

14t37nm.jpg

After a brutal battle with the French. The French bowed out of the war, ceding Holstein.

2djdk1.jpg

Saxony was in Alina’s sites.

2yy6wsg.jpg

To the south, Mandek took care of Astrakhan had no heart and asked out of the wall…ceding Volgorod.

2vcjkg3.jpg

With Astrakhan out of the war, Kazan took their place.

2pzgutf.jpg

Other than Gorski keeping a watchful eye on Russians, and Klaudiusz to his north minding the borders with Sweden, everyone else was poised to either take out, or move against other enemy nations that might make a move against Poland.

33peu4n.jpg

The coalition appeared to be doomed when Portugal bowed out.

21almhc.jpg

But, the big blow to the coalition came when Hanseatic League forts fell to Poland.

x5wq3l.jpg

The Haseatic League has been annexed...

How long can Poland continue to be victorious?
I don’t know, but personally, I’m getting mighty war weary. This is nerve wrecking. The speed in which battles are being played out appears to be in slow motion…at times, the world is paused allowing me to see what’s taking shape.

More tomorrow:

Last edited:
There are 10 screenshots in this post.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 22

25imzvq.jpg

2zf7jhy.jpg

Moldavia…they use to be our ally

15eim53.jpg

Kazen…just go away…

21o1s9.jpg

Sweden is now at war with us…I’ve lost count, and feeling.

2w7g7q1.jpg

Wallachia…they’re at war with us, too. Who aren’t we at war with? And, come to think of is were are allies?

10r1q3n.jpg

The Russians are attacking!

fnwqxz.jpg

Gorski is on the way “I left Klaudiusz here there with 17,000 men.”
2lmxxkk.jpg

When Gorski arrived on the battlefield Lipetek, he was appalled at the corpus of the 17,000 under Klaudiusz command.
Gorski would make the Russians pay dearly for every Polish soldier that died on that field. “We were at peace with the Russians!” he roared.

rjqwc3.jpg

Denmark bows out of the war.

21btdmo.jpg

Sweden will pay for this futile attack.

One more post to finish this war.

Last edited:
Boy, even with the heaps, and more heaps of countries coming up, you are managing the situation well. No territory lost, sometimes territory gained. That's good, at least.

Yeah...it makes things interesting! My head was spinning.

POLAND

2iw0vug.jpg

Entry 23

30c6gbb.jpg

Saxony ceded his province, Anhalt.

2hycm88.jpg

The siege of Wallachia

2dcdh76.jpg

Bohemia…what again?

15he4xe.jpg

Russia paid the price…if I haven’t been fighting for so long, and hard I might have asked for more...plus Kola is now a part of Poland.

2jac30h.jpg

Moldavia is off the map table.

aue0jt.jpg

It’s a good thing…I don’t take things to heart. They would soon bow out…no blood shed.

2nrijcn.jpg

Sweden bows out, ceding two provinces…Osterbotten, and Finland.

jtasf4.jpg

Hungary cedes Wallchia.

15xmq1i.jpg

New world map…I mean, map of Poland. Just checking…

33bl1ch.jpg

New military advances.

The war is over...now, it is time to count the loses.

Last edited:
All are out now? That was a success overall, discounting that you had to wade through armies to do it.

Poland...it seems, has a lot enemies. And, for the life I can't figure out why.