• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The intrigue part doesn't really make much sense to me.

- No plans on the Kothringi, they were a fringe culture that was eliminated by the Knahaten Flu about 110 years in to our time frame.
- Based on basically every actual in-game depiction of the Akaviri, it seems humans weren't completely eliminated from Akavir. I hope that we'll eventually get beast portraits for the remaining Akavir races (Kamal, Tang Mo and Tsaesci), the "Akaviri" would then appear in roles such as the Eunuchs or Jews in vanilla (courtiers) although with the added danger of an Akaviri uprising.
- Roscrea is in game, but it's placed in a path that actually makes sense for it to be used as a port on the journey to Akavir. The source on UESP doesn't actually state that Roscrea is north of Skyrim, it just states Roscrea was taken by Solitude and Solitude is also exploring the sea of ghosts.
- Sload won't make any appearance outside of potential events; they're simply too alien to work.

Thanks for your quick response. Im somewhat disappointed about the Kothringi, sure they arent major but it would be cool to have. If I make them as a submod any chance youll add them to the game itself?

Something simple, the province of c_hraggen is a Hagraven Cultist independent temple county, ruled by character 300042 who is a Hagraven.
Might that character also start off holding the Religion head title (d_hagraven) for the Hagraven Cult?
So the religion head is represented on the map but more importantly, so the religion head is an actual Hagraven, not some random generated by the game dude presuming to tell the Hagraven what the Hagravens want.
And if its the already existing landed Hagraven, then the head could be made a Hagraven without a new character being needed.

It is just me or are female title holders stubborn as heck? They seem to refuse matrilineally marry anyone. In one or two generations, their house could easily become extinct because of a bad union. This is an annoyance for me because I tend to do a lot for the families I raise to power, like give them an awesome family name and take time to design their shields.

Is it possible for there to be an event that changes a noblewoman's marriage to matrilineal if these two conditions are met:

a) title holder
b) lowborn husband

It is still possible for their titles to pass on to another family in this scenario, but their house won't become extinct because of a series of bad decision.

So, the .14a update tweaked some things with vampires, and that's cool. The -100 opinion hit could definitely make things more challenging for a ruler. Unless, of course, vampirism spread like a rampant STD and damned near every single noble in the gameworld has been turned into a bloodsucker within a century and a half. Which is precisely what's going on in my current game.

It seems that even with the big -100 opinion malus, the AI considers vampirism too damned good to pass up. And resisting the urge to become a bloodsucker is really expensive. (Thanks to my character's wife being turned, he was having to pay 80-90 gold every few minutes to have a healer cast Cure Disease on his mysterious neck-bumps.) Of course, that's actually really cool and makes a lot of sense; of course vampirism would spread like wildfire among the nobility of Tamriel. However, some way to stem the tide would be interesting and appreciated.

One quick-and-easy fix might be to add a "Expel Vampires" intrigue option, like the "Expel Jewry" button added in Sons of Abraham. If that's too brute-force, though, maybe some sort of event chain where you gather non-turned allies and set up some sort of vamp-extermination plot? Like, "let's get a bunch of them to gather at this castle, and then we'll burn it down around them." The plot has a % chance of working, and causes some of said castle's improvements to be destroyed, but a bunch of vampires are dealt with. (And maybe the successful plotters get a "Vampire Slayer" attribute that gives an opinion bonus to non-vampire characters and some sort of combat buff against vampire-led armies.)

Anyway, back to Elder Kings: The Masquerade.

Now that immortality has become more accessible, maybe you should add a decision to abdicate your titles and pass them along; I'd imagine that my Hagraven Witch-Queen of Highrock was getting as bored as I was after 300 years on the throne, yet not really interested in dying.

EDIT: And if my incapable Briarheart Ducal grandson in any indication, things could be much worse. He's spent like 20 years in a coma!

Last edited:
So, the .14a update tweaked some things with vampires, and that's cool. The -100 opinion hit could definitely make things more challenging for a ruler. Unless, of course, vampirism spread like a rampant STD and damned near every single noble in the gameworld has been turned into a bloodsucker within a century and a half. Which is precisely what's going on in my current game.

I fixed that for the next version. Bloodsuckers will be much more rare now.

The lower revolt risk part of the enforce martial law job for the marshal doesn't seem to work in provinces that I don't own directly (no idea if the arrest chance part works in those provinces either)

The lower revolt risk part of the enforce martial law job for the marshal doesn't seem to work in provinces that I don't own directly (no idea if the arrest chance part works in those provinces either)

Yeah, jobs are really screwy atm...

Celtic unit pack would fit better for Reachnem. Because their culture strongly resembles the Celts (and they have celtic names).

If you turn the DLC graphic packs off they use the breton faces (although I think with different clothes) which is better than both.

I fixed that for the next version. Bloodsuckers will be much more rare now.

Good to hear it, I didn't even notice any until the Flu hit, and Colovia barely shook. Which while cool probably wasn't intended.

As in the actual modifiers associated with the job, or from events?
If it's the modifiers I don't think they really work in your own demesne either but it's a vanilla issue.

My suggestion is make one province one for each Daedric religion un-convertible.

Baring that.. A decision or an event to be able to convert? (I think an event one for each Daedric would be awesome!)

Its just most of these province get assimilated 100 or 200 years in game.And I mostly play as single county
counts. Making it pretty hard to get anywhere.... But that's just my two-cents.

Oh and UpperLorraine your event ideas look great.

I had this pointed out on a thread i started so i figured what the heck, In keeping with the vampire theme of that thread I'm going to try and focus on that particular aspect.

For one It would be interesting to have Landless Vampire titles in Morrowind to represent the dominate clans. These clans could be called upon for certain "favors" to those who have acquired vamperisim from one of their many members. Could in effect turn into either another dark brotherhood or shadowscale, though this one catering only to "secret" Vampires.

Secondly a quest for a cure. I'm not sure if one already exists in the mod or not, but i've seen no evidence of it's existence. While it should be rare and hard to obtain it shouldn't be an Impossiblity to achieve. the way i see it best likely to be done is to give a choice to any Vampire/Secret Vampire at the age of sixteen a random Event or intrigue decision to lead into a quest which would act much like the Current Pilgrimages. of course lore wise the first thing that should happen is that you should hear about a witch in the woods, who'd ask you to go collect soul gems, and a rare herb, you either end up being empty handed or with the ingridents, and then from there either you get the potion or a poision. I'd see it as something you didn't have to take when you aquire it, instead having it be an artifact that shows up in your intrigue tab where you can either take it when you like or force it onto a vampire prisoner. Of course if you're too old for your race to still reasonably be alive you should die after being cured anyway.

Thirdly i'd like the option to have a Vampire hunt. Either you contract your local holy order or hire the dawnguard to investigate and hunt down vampires and secret vampires. the hunt would take place over a period of time and end either when the last vampire is slain or the time frame has elapsed. within the time period of the hunt you should then be able to have Vampire revolts, Rampant slayings, and of course exoduses. A nifty thing to do would be to have a random chance that the hunters claim a throne of a landed vampire that they have killed. I know that last part is probably asking for a lot but if it could be done with a minimal amount of scripting then i think it would be a welcome addition.

finally i leave you with this quote from the other thread on an idea i think is marvelous

For all the Immortal, powerful or evil characters [except Orgnum] it'd be nice to have an occasional, A passing random hero tries to kill you event.
As well, If you're Dark-Lording it over the world, that would be a fun challenge to face and be a nice death cause.
As it's disappointing to see your 300 year old Witch-Queen Hagraven brought low by something mundane, the sword of a gods-guided hero would be far more fitting.

Reactions:
Congrats to UpperLorraine! :)

I suggested the idea of faction traits to Korba last night and I believe I'd previously suggested to him having Clan Aundae etc. as titular titles. It's still a good idea, either way.

Snow elves ?

Snow elves ?

Theyre centuries dead.
I was considering a dragon break event chain, where if you hold one of the towers and are a powerful or mad enough mage you can attempt to tear open time and space.
Leading to being invaded by a displaced Ayleid, Falmer or etc civilisation.
But you'd need portrait graphics and everything, which would slow down the game and contribute nothing to most play throughs.

Remember that it is recorded in history that the Falmer were oppressed by the Dwemer during the expansion of the Nords through Skyrim. When this was in not clear (probably very early First Era), but we do know that the Dwemer all abruptly disappeared around about the time of Indoril Nerevar and the apotheosis of the Tribunal in approximately 1E 670-700, which is still 2700 years before the Interregnum period in which EK begins.

Note that each portrait set added tends to add to the memory load of the game.