• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((A bit odd that the converter gave Heligoland to the Brits considering we own most (?) of Denmark and there was no Napoleonic War to cause it to be ceded.
Re: accepted cultures, shouldn't it show them if you look at the tooltip? Unless the list is too long even for that.))

Which tool tip? If you mean hovering over the part of the diplomacy screen, it indeed shows no other cultures.

Which tool tip? If you mean hovering over the part of the diplomacy screen, it indeed shows no other cultures.
((Something like this:
w5jVe5m.png

Running HoD vanilla, mouse is hovering over the accepted cultures line.
))

((I believe your picture of Asia got replaced with a second picture of southern South America, if I'm not mistaken))

Name: Kurt von Tirpitz
Position: National Assembly
Birth Place: Danzig, Prussia
Born: 1800 (36)
Party: Imperialists

Bio: Born from a aristocratic family from Danzig, Kurt has lived the stereotypical life of a 'Prussian' aristocrat. Being raised to respect martial values and tought the finer points of Military command. After he turned 18 Kurt joined the army where he quickly rose to the rank of Major, yet while in the army he was shot in his left arm and had to get it amputated. In the aftermath of that he joined the National Asembly.

((A bit odd that the converter gave Heligoland to the Brits considering we own most (?) of Denmark and there was no Napoleonic War to cause it to be ceded.
Re: accepted cultures, shouldn't it show them if you look at the tooltip? Unless the list is too long even for that.))

((That decision can be selected even if Germany already owns Heligoland. Indeed, even if Germany already has a core on it. Germany just needs to be a GP and not selected it before. It's a situation that V2 just never really anticipated.

I feel like reactionary Paul Meier might have an 'interesting' speech to give in the near future. Avindian, shall we say he's from Innsbruck? A certain ignorance of geography might make a little more sense that way.

Edit: Also, would the faceless clerks provide a report on German naval bases? I suspect we'll find some discrepancies (that is, the converter seems to have a bug where it puts more than one base per state sometimes.)
))

Last edited:
((1. When will we start RPing? 2. How will government positions be decided??))

((1. Is at the end of the Prologue- 21st.

2. Is explained in the first post. We vote on the Chancellor. He assigns all positions. ))

2. Is explained in the first post. We vote on the Chancellor. He assigns all positions. ))
((Thanks, Etzel.))

((This the first time that I'm going to try and RP so let's see how it goes))
Name: Domenico Bonaro
House: Assembly
Birth Place: Belem, Venice
Born: December 5th 1794
Party: The Alliance
Background:
Domenico's family was a wealthy one that lived in Venetian South America, there Domenico was the second of four boys. Domenico was the best of friends with his older brother, Giovanni. Both of them enlisted into the Venetian army as soon as they could. However soon an Anarcho-Liberal revolt erupted, Domenico wanted to side with the rebels, Giovanni with Venice. During a battle between the two forces, Domenico accidentally slew his older brother. The battle was lost and the rebellion fell, Domenico then fled to Germany with the ideas of the Anarcho-Liberals and a hatred for war.

((I believe your picture of Asia got replaced with a second picture of southern South America, if I'm not mistaken))

Damn and blast. Will fix.

((Aq Koyunlu is a great power but not Poland? I guess they must had negative prestige by the end of EU3.))

And, ah, a certain country may have destroyed a good portion of their army. :D

Subbing is one thing -- creating a character is far better!

Name: Kurt von Tirpitz
Position: National Assembly
Birth Place: Danzig, Prussia
Born: 1800 (36)
Party: Imperialists

Bio: Born from a aristocratic family from Danzig, Kurt has lived the stereotypical life of a 'Prussian' aristocrat. Being raised to respect martial values and tought the finer points of Military command. After he turned 18 Kurt joined the army where he quickly rose to the rank of Major, yet while in the army he was shot in his left arm and had to get it amputated. In the aftermath of that he joined the National Asembly.

Welcome!

((That decision can be selected even if Germany already owns Heligoland. Indeed, even if Germany already has a core on it. Germany just needs to be a GP and not selected it before. It's a situation that V2 just never really anticipated.

I feel like reactionary Paul Meier might have an 'interesting' speech to give in the near future. Avindian, shall we say he's from Innsbruck? A certain ignorance of geography might make a little more sense that way.

Edit: Also, would the faceless clerks provide a report on German naval bases? I suspect we'll find some discrepancies (that is, the converter seems to have a bug where it puts more than one base per state sometimes.)
))

Innsbrück it is. I will look into naval bases shortly.

((What is the number of tech points we receive?))

I'll answer that one in the six month update, for the simple purposes of giving you the most accurate answer. I'm just going to accumulate the RPs for the first six months any how.

((1. When will we start RPing? 2. How will government positions be decided??))

((Thanks, Etzel.))

He's absolutely right, although do remember the party balance guidelines!

((This the first time that I'm going to try and RP so let's see how it goes))
Name: Domenico Bonaro
House: Assembly
Birth Place: Belem, Venice
Born: December 5th 1794
Party: The Alliance
Background:
Domenico's family was a wealthy one that lived in Venetian South America, there Domenico was the second of four boys. Domenico was the best of friends with his older brother, Giovanni. Both of them enlisted into the Venetian army as soon as they could. However soon an Anarcho-Liberal revolt erupted, Domenico wanted to side with the rebels, Giovanni with Venice. During a battle between the two forces, Domenico accidentally slew his older brother. The battle was lost and the rebellion fell, Domenico then fled to Germany with the ideas of the Anarcho-Liberals and a hatred for war.

Welcome, and thank you for choosing the alliance! Now they have a legitimate candidate for the mid 1836 election. :)

For everyone else, by all means ask if you have information requests, apart from economic data. I may defer some of them until the next update, but anything else I'll try to answer right away. When I do play the six months, I will be de facto hands off.

Idhrendur: You were right about the naval bases; there is indeed more than one per state. If this is something I can easily fix, let me know, or I can send you the most recent save. Sadly, it's not just for Germany either.

One thing you might find helpful: a diplomatic map of Europe, featuring additional cores outside our territory (I think the North African cores are purely cultural, but everything else is legitimate). (It's a full size PNG -- so you can zoom in if you need to -- so it's in the spoiler tags.)

e63g.png

((A question: Why are we waiting six months in-game before doing anything? If it's for the election, couldn't we bring it forward a bit?))

((A question: Why are we waiting six months in-game before doing anything? If it's for the election, couldn't we bring it forward a bit?))

As far as I know, election periods are hard-coded. Upper house refreshes instantly, but lower house does not.

((I'm looking forward to propagating the glory of Germania ;)))

I am too!

((We have the tech for railroads, but do we have any built at the start?))

No, I don't think so. I can double check a bit later, but I'm pretty sure that the converter does not auto-build RRs at game start.

((Elections can be triggered at any time by hitting "Hold Election" button.))

As far as I know, election periods are hard-coded. Upper house refreshes instantly, but lower house does not.
((You can get an early election by editing the save file and making it think that you called an election earlier than you actually did or you can edit the the defines file to change the number of months that an election campaign lasts for [CAMPAIGN_DURATION = 0 will cause an election on the next day].))