• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JonStryker

ɹǝʞʎɹʇSuoſ
67 Badges
Mar 20, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Magicka 2
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
gfWqTIW.png

Download Witcher Kings (0.10.0) [CK2 v.3.0.1]

Changelog:

Contributors:

Integrated Work:
MODS
VIET
, cybrxkhan
Duel Engine, jordarkelf
Succession Law Factions for Ultimogeniture and Tanistry, Jordarkelf
Syren's Nickname Mod, Syren
Council Shuffling Mod, The_Chancellor
Minimap Makeover, Korbah
Republic Trade Events income-scaled and attribute-weighted, riknap
Better Combat, JyriK

MODPARTS
SWMH country flags
, Aasmul
Valyrian Portraits (AGOT), cabezaestufa
Hedge Knight COAs (AGOT), the_hdk & Rabid Bogling
Elf and Dwarf portraits, Lonhaldar (MEP)
Religious icons, AnaxXiphos
Dynasty COAs (AGOT), Rabid Bogling & JD

GIT-Repository: https://github.com/JonStryker/Witcher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Witcher world is a rich fantasy world that surely deserves a Crusader Kings 2 mod. I am not the most experienced modder but I've been working on this (on and off) for a couple of months now. Interested folks might have already stumbled upon the steam group WitcherKings.

I've spent considerable time creating the de jure map and filling it with a tightly knit web of nobles. talias is working on tons of neat flavour additions to make the game more immersive. We are of course not quite finished with the mod and we would be happy to accept any help we could get.

Please try it out, give suggestions and (hopefully) get involved and start to contribute to the mod. You don't need to be an experienced modder (although that would be nice), just the will to learn new things.

Lots of things in the current build are debatable, this thread is exactly the right place to do so!

Last edited:
Reactions:
The download link didn't work for me. Says page cannot be found and Error 404.

I can't wait to play this mod though! I played some of the earlier versions and had loads of fun!

I shall try this out at once!

EDIT: Had a quick go and the work done so far is excellent! The most glaring bug I noticed was an event informing of the Tengri reformation :laugh:
Keep in mind though, I'm still using 2.0.1.

Last edited:
There is a bug with the witcher event. When used, it doesn't give you a witcher. You can't fire off the even to for another time ever. And the "list of Witchers" event disappears from the decisions list.

There is a bug with the witcher event. When used, it doesn't give you a witcher. You can't fire off the even to for another time ever. And the "list of Witchers" event disappears from the decisions list.
It's not a bug - witchers move around randomly through the map, so the next time any witcher moves he have greater chance to arrive to your court. As for the other thing - if list witchers disappeared then there are no living witchers.

But it will be made clearer.

Last edited:
Nice you have a release for 2.02! Congrats getting before Elder Kings and GOT. I would be happy I could do it before them. Just me though. Working on mods is of course a hobby to most.

Also it may actually get me to play Witcher II, considering I haven't played it yet.

Last edited:
Interesting, I remember the Holy Burning Rose order from the first game, but few things from the second. I might give this a spin and see if I can get myself into the books.

I shall try this out at once!

EDIT: Had a quick go and the work done so far is excellent! The most glaring bug I noticed was an event informing of the Tengri reformation :laugh:
Keep in mind though, I'm still using 2.0.1.

That's a rather stupid bug I caused recently. It shall be corrected!

Other things mentioned are just pretty much unfinished. Witchers currently do not spawn naturally so if Geralt dies there are no more left, etc.

Last edited:
The mod looks awesome! and runs really fast.
I was coming here to comment on the tengri reformation too, also on 2.0.1. Most things look pretty smooth.
The Emperor of um, the big black empire, has his title all in capitals that was the other thing.

Playing as the Dryads [They're Green, it's awesome.] and gotten to a thrid decade in no time at all without anything seeming to have gone weird or buggy. [I'm assuming they're not having any men is a feature]
Awesome work!

The mod looks awesome! and runs really fast.
I was coming here to comment on the tengri reformation too, also on 2.0.1. Most things look pretty smooth.
The Emperor of um, the big black empire, has his title all in capitals that was the other thing.

Playing as the Dryads [They're Green, it's awesome.] and gotten to a thrid decade in no time at all without anything seeming to have gone weird or buggy. [I'm assuming they're not having any men is a feature]
Awesome work!

The Dryads really aren't meant to be played as they do not have all that many features. But yes, them having no men is lore ;)

How come king Stennis lacks his apprioprate nickname? :)

[also, two screens, both with chaste characters. In Witcher. Just WOW! :)]

Frankly I don't know what the appropriate nickname for Stennis is. His chaste trait is mere coincidence.

Foltest is a special case. In the books he refused to marry for most of his life, didn't father any known bastard children besides his daughter Adda. So I gave him chaste to reduce the number of children he'd father with some random lowborn girl. Giving him some Daenerys Targaryen @ AGOT like trait that prevents him from marrying might be a better solution.

Reactions:
Oh, were not referring to any of them in particular. It's just that chastedom is not the virtue Sapkowski's word has in abundance.

Though, to be honest, I never really liked Witcher's Saga & don't remember too much details. I like the short stories (gathered in Last Wish and The Sword of Destiny), but I grew bored of Saga reading through... Baptism of Fire...? Yeah, I think it's this book. May well borrow and read Season of Storm though, just to see if Sapkowski's recovered from his loss of form. (evident when you read his Viper; man, those are thousands of words lacking any substance!)

Also, +40 general opinion for Emhyr var Emreis? Wouldn't have much issues [Nilfgaard's pretty much balanced around this modifier], if that didn't make him best buddy of North, Gertalt, Ciri and just about everyone. Quite fun to seem him requiring CBs, for the first time in history.

Other issues:
- Saskia should get tag that would lead her lead armies, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
It's not a bug - witchers move around randomly through the map, so the next time any witcher moves he have greater chance to arrive to your court. As for the other thing - if list witchers disappeared then there are no living witchers.

But it will be made clearer.
Oh. I feel a little silly. Nevertheless, its a money drain if there are no witchers at all. 20 years into the game and Geralt is dead. I hope you add a system to spawn witchers. Maybe also an event to send a bastard son or daughter to become a witcher