• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shiite Brandenburg.gif

Let the jihad begin!

It all belongs to Mother Mughal.

Timurids -> Mughals empire all in 1.3 on Normal with lucky nations but without bonuses, basically vanilla Ironman settings (Autosaving...) without the (Autosaving...) frustration (Autosaving...) of autosaving (Autosaving...)

Eurasia

9CB758D0062257F4C4489AEB85B091ECDD3E4313

The Americas

80623F96AE8863FCD1572CDDBB744070D0DF8D26

Ending screen. Take that historical Spain. Never caught up to France though (61 points behind :(), that's what happens when you have 1 ally, no navy until 1650, and lower maintenance in peacetime

CA9CE5F7AC3EB98B4296DF715576B38EB1B33BF4

I went on a world war in 1816 vs. France, Spain, and Portugal to grab 800 dip points worth of colonies. I also fought everyone else in Europe except for the HRE. I won by drowning my enemies in the blood of my soldiers. For the 5 year period, there were over 1 million dead from attrition, battles, and assaults. However, it's all worth it to make nicer borders, even if it does give a bit of overextension. I had a very good leader from 1755-1810 which didn't really mean anything tech wise since I never got techs ahead of time, but it allowed me to build boatloads of manufactories and army buildings for some insane manpower numbers.

3DD6E94C4CCD3C7262905480D41D6613F6864BAC

I also managed to rid Asia of the Eastern Religion heathens.

41B95E5CA4601CCDBBEE99852F4AD87ECA892C0C

Last edited:
I started in 1444 as Castile.......The only Ahistorical Colonization has been South Africa and Pakistan otherwise I just colonized where Spain did Historically. I tried for the Master of India Achievement but Portugal (my ally) Crashed the party. Portugal is like a kid brother always tagging along. This has been my most successful income/trade game to date.

I am making 100 ducats/month with Full maintenance of military and 3 Colonies.

668B45AC1AFFB24501173976DC08CCE0C9ACE240

My lucky "A Kaiser not just in name game". Basically i wanted to see the diplomatic potential of Austria and was not disappointed, i had Personal Unions with Hungary (mission), Burgundy (mission, no sharing with france), Poland, Lithuania, Russia and diplo-annexed many others (danemark, serbia, bulgaria, georgia, etc. among others)
I missed a PU with France by a bit, basically it was either France or Russia (One Habsbourg Archduke died with no heir and a Russian king allowed me to claim Russia, but if i kept Habsbourg i would have been able to claim France).
I didn't play aggresively at all, most of my war from 1444-1700 were "claim throne" wars and wars to defend the HRE. I united the HRE as soon as i could. And the only time i played aggressively and used some vassal feeding was against ottoman to oust them from europe.
By 1820 most christian nations were republics except the HRE, and ... the USA.
My only regret was to switch to Protestant, which left me with some nasty maluses which prevented me to diplo-annex Naples at some point, and most of the western nations were either Reformed (!) or Catholic.

My eagle shaped Hungary

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Austria which makes the head is my vassal. Epirus & Morea are my vassals that make the talons.
I had to release Wallachia as a vassal also to make the wings & tail a better shape.

Forced myself to attack the Ottomans for Greece, then in another war France joined in to attack me.
Beat them both back with a 4,6,3 general who destroyed most of their armies.
As you can see though my manpower is low and have I low legitimacy, so no war for me for a while.

My current Hansa game.
332zewz.jpg

France got destroyed by the AI. I've never seen that before. Even in my GB game where I'm trying to conqueror Europe and I'm actively attacking (as it seems every other European country) and taking land from France, France hasn't flopped as bad as they did in this game.
I think it's because when I was annexing my neighbors I got into a war with Austria at the same time they were in a war with Burgundy and both Burgundy and I were than able to squash Austria and it looks like Burgundy was than powerful enough to squash France. I dunno, it could be a common thing but it all my games I've never seen AI France NOT dominate.

My eagle shaped Hungary

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Austria which makes the head is my vassal. Epirus & Morea are my vassals that make the talons.
I had to release Wallachia as a vassal also to make the wings & tail a better shape.

Forced myself to attack the Ottomans for Greece, then in another war France joined in to attack me.
Beat them both back with a 4,6,3 general who destroyed most of their armies.
As you can see though my manpower is low and have I low legitimacy, so no war for me for a while.

It is not eagle shaped, it is PAC-Man shaped.

My current Hansa game.
332zewz.jpg

France got destroyed by the AI. I've never seen that before. Even in my GB game where I'm trying to conqueror Europe and I'm actively attacking (as it seems every other European country) and taking land from France, France hasn't flopped as bad as they did in this game.
I think it's because when I was annexing my neighbors I got into a war with Austria at the same time they were in a war with Burgundy and both Burgundy and I were than able to squash Austria and it looks like Burgundy was than powerful enough to squash France. I dunno, it could be a common thing but it all my games I've never seen AI France NOT dominate.

That's nothing compared to my Lüneburg game where France was literally annexed (that's right. Gone from the map) within the first 20 years. England had a chunk of five provinces around Normandy including Paris and Burgundy took all of the rest, except Brittany. Burgundy became the terrifying Big Burgundy Blob with an insanely large army with ridiculous morale and maintained its position as the dominant European power until 1632, when a huge continental war erupted. It took four years to defeat them even with player-controlled Scandinavia (whose attention was divided between Burgundy and their ally Muscovy) and AI Netherlands, Castile and England on our side.
In my current game as Milan, Burgundy survived again, and France has been in wars constantly, so they are weakened militarily but haven't lost any land. Neither Burgundy nor France have become dominant, so there's just two big weak blobs.
It's all chance.

It is not eagle shaped, it is PAC-Man shaped.

Read the post

Dutch Empire. Burgundy - Netherlands (1.3). Game ended while finishing off the Swedes for Cologne. Kongo, Aztecs & Milan are vassals.

49s1K4n.jpg

SsmWInE.png

7UQ8h9B.jpg

Initial goal was to destroy the French before forming the Netherlands. It was relative easy as I constantly ganged them with Austria & Castille. I released them as vassal formed the Netherlands and re-integrated them while at the same time getting a free PU with Spain that already started colonizing everywhere. I stole Central America & Colombia from the Portuguese in a couple of wars along with Canada & 13 colonies from the British. Huge Persia that backstabbed the Ottomans more than a few times. Central Europe was going to be divided between the Dutch/Russian alliance. Sweden leads PU with Hungary. Coalitions were common between AI countries all over the world.

Coalition but no rivals ?

z1QZ7Ic.jpg

Great name for a future cardinal.

dQYIW7w.jpg

Last edited:
Completed my first Ironman game, started as Poland and joined the HRE after having 3 other tries at being way too aggressive.

http://imgur.com/9rHkYEt,IAyeO7O,cgHvEj1,AecGeZs,Xa7i1SS

Really regret forming the HRE so early and I'll never do that again.

I integrated Wales, wouldn't have done if I didn't know there was an enddate. I have to again complain about the end game screen being so totally devoid of interesting and fun information. Like at least mention my damn westernizing or how much money or monarchy points I generated/spent.

The France PU I had to fight for and I was so close to losing it so often. My ruler was 72, and I had -75 with France whenever Muscovy sabotaged relations. Also it hasn't been 50 years since I got the PU so I couldn't integrate never mind have 300 AE with them

I also meant to cut off Muscovy way earlier (like Perm earlier), but I was so dumb and kept stalling. In a better played version of this game I would have warned them to stop them, but I keep forgetting that exists as well as the enforce peace buttons.

I had Korea for so long as a vassal and did nothing with them until the last 5 years. I would have way more of the middle east if that stupid stupid core bug didn't exist.