• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And here I was thinking I'd have to actually conquer Timbuktu! I've never had this kind of luck in ironman before... though now I fear that Portugal will swoop in and destroy everything. I got the throne by actually claiming it, and their king died three years after that. No war was necessary, although I fought one with them before, and they beat the crap out of me.

jxog.png

finally did it: i am the pope :D

another update:
managed to get all remaining colonies on the continent and due to the help of spain i could steal 4 colonies from france.
short after that they turned to rev. france, maybe i "helped" them a bit :(

Last edited:
Those ottomans did amazing! Also what happened to Sweden, conquered by Norway ? Lol
Yeah, the Ottomans did quite well. In the last 80 years, they got a PU with hedjaz who had the entire Arabian Peninsula. They also vassalized Algiers (who later got free) and conquered Morocco who also got like 3 provinces back somehow.
As for Sweden, they were pretty jacked up by the time I could see them. Moscovy started eating them on the east side and then Norway came in to take a few chunks for itself later.

It all belongs to Mother Prussia!

swul.png

The Motherland has the largest, most advanced and most disciplined army in the world. Only forces from beyond our planet could contest its military might.

i68b.png

Seriously, it's ridiculous how overpowered Prussia is. Combine their insane ideas with infinite Asian manpower and forcelimits and you have an emotionless, robotic, regenerating army of death.

1. When did you start? I wanna try that.

2. My great Irish Empire, anno 1607.

I have vassalized Huron, Holstein(diplovassal), and Shawnee. I also have a PU with Hamburg and France. This is my first EU4 (or EU any) game to reach 1600, and it looks almost normal to me. Focusing on colonizing right now, with the end goal of taking Nanjing. It was on a bet. :)

http://imgur.com/LWjWNc9

Perhaps not the biggest Ottoman empire but it was a very fun game with some epic wars (HRE PU'd Portugal and Serbia, he's the only one that can stop me so my European conquests were halted by that, after taking southern Italy ofc).
United Islam and the Three Romes. Stopped Muscovy from becoming Russia by helping Crimea survive until I could backstab them for a PU. Was sad to not be able to vassalize Mali, the only other Sunni country left. Only needed 4 more points and man did I have tons of temples and stock exchanges ( and max diplo rep without getting the event).

A couple of maps for my Ottoman Empire in 1653:

4NRGIQQ.png

ta6mr9a.png

I am attempting a world conquest, so I have taken much effort in containing the western European majors and Russia. They are all properly caged now, but conquering the rest of Europe by 1821 is probably beyond my means. I am confident that I can get the rest of the world though.

4NRGIQQ.png

ta6mr9a.png

I am attempting a world conquest, so I have taken much effort in containing the western European majors and Russia. They are all properly caged now, but conquering the rest of Europe by 1821 is probably beyond my means. I am confident that I can get the rest of the world though.

Nice game!

4NRGIQQ.png

ta6mr9a.png

You could save some men by diplo-vassalising the rest of the hordes :)

I hate Europeans allied with each other all the time which made it impossible to expand in the last 200 years.

E783C907E994094F7DC856E71DF9FFDC86382F0E

Formed Prussia quite early but had to wait until 1792 to form Germany. But some things were really funny:

E71C03024E16C89DE09E5DB47A8CA18E46278368

Both catholic HRE and protestant Germany awnsered the call of Spain to get a few insignificant colonies from Rev. France

25337D8616B58E3D26CAB4C0215E7CE2F761999D

In a war I conquered Amsterdam and made Netherlands release Flanders which is why they left Europe alltogether.

A5E00B0913B4CFA09D99E9B310D7A4CB251CFB5F

Europe is somewhat tidy.

B9772B18E22E2AC6EE204D6463AF263390C3DF65

My main aim was inheriting a certain country but I never got the chance to reach that level.

Really a fifth of my playtime was used for regency councils and at one time I got two Hunting Accident events three days from each other.

41EF2C05D46B9CD8F3DF9FA08FB9D2FE20F78B4F

Funny (Oman was Shiite)

End Screen:

CB87827CE67339F009F057565B3067E7B95EB202

Conquering the world as a small nation seems hard... But if Russia is caged by others in the first few years it should be pretty easy (Unless Asia westernizes :D)

This is my first Byzantine Empire. I started as the Ottomans and accepted culture shift and Orthodox. The dynasty is still Osmanli.

I decided to dominate the Middle East, so I after taking Italy, I headed east towards Persia.
9zjd.jpg
[/URL]

I converted most of the region to the truth Christian faith! The Middle East supports the Petrarch, not the Pope! :laugh:
wn71.jpg
[/URL]

Here's the influence map. I got a PU with Russia really late in the game. You can't tell on here but the Osmanli dynasty rules Bohemia, Russia(before PU), Spain(before becoming a republic), Burgundy, Commonwealth, and Portugal. Long live the Osmanli!
42q9.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
You should had wiped out muslims...

I ran out of time, and I wasn't too aggressive early on unlike a quarter way through the game. That was when I fought numerous amounts of wars to get a border with India. I tried to vassal feed by releasing Persia, which worked to some extent. When I give it another sot, I will try to kick the Muslims out of the Middle East, especially convert their sacred city of Mecca to Orthodox!