• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another day, another HRE.

Just a quick screenie to show my ongoing HRE. Quite clean borders achieved (unsurprisingly, with Austria) in 1575:

9hPQEbA.jpg

Currently warring Hungary for PU, after that not sure where to aim as over 200 years of playground awaits. Currently I'm leaning towards just conquering & coring most of Europe, probably France, Italian peninsula, but I'll likely skip Spain - eastwards I really don't feel like going for the Balkans, although there are certain roleplay reasons to restore the Holy, Roman and Empire once more...

I am missing the Master of India achievement, though, I might try that instead. I'm just very, very low in diplotech, gotta catch up rather quick :p

D73037F8E0AE2082F840947C8D51B9E19804C160

What if I told you about Austrian extremist killing Serbian heir to the throne on his visit in Switzerland?
In your face Habsburgs - ironman Serbia game

Basically allied with Austria, boosted relations like hell and made them like me. Annexed Bosnia, vassalized and later annexed Wallachia and attacked Venice. Took Dalmatia and Istria and joined HRE through Istria-Dalmatia etc etc, all the way until Kosovo.
Switzerland was allied with Venice so I vassalized them in that war too ( annexed later ). That gave me an edge to fabricate claims in Germany, which I did. My alliance with Austria and France helped me to beat chain of alliances. I only fabricated claims on for example Wurtemberg just because they were allied with an elector. Then I vassalized electors in process of war.

We will see what will come out of this.

And I more or less finished my Malaya game:
pc8dcjnq.jpg

jocpsl44.jpg

hgk5qo6n.jpg

emmr5if6.jpg

Got lucky PUs with Vijayanagar and Japan early in the game and integrated them after completing the Religious Ideas tree. Ming chose me as their rival early on, but I never had to fight them as I used Lan Na as a buffer zone - I fed them the Northern provinces of Dai Viet to keep Ming away. I would have expanded further into India, but I lagged behind in Military tech and the sultanate in Northern India was allied with the Timurids. So I concentrated on colonising the Pacific and grabbed Madagascar in the end because no one else was interested. Shan was allied with me the whole time. They expanded into the West and never lost anything they conquered.

After colonising Alaska, I had a border with the British and finally westernized - not that it would matter as the game is near the end date. I decided to end it on this point because there isn't really anything interesting to do for me - except maybe being steamrolled by Ming after finally annexing Lan Na.

4bk89p6x.jpg

The Japanese were the only culture which was accepted at the end - the Central Thai, my original main culture, were originally accepted after my culture shift, but vanished from the list when I colonised Ozeania.

peapwwbq.jpg

Sauna's for everyone!!!

Finaly managed to colonize and core last province on the map. At 1700 I was really scared that I couldn't make it so I started using my 1000K of stashed gold and burned it all down to 100K. Just barely managed to finish colonizing by 1819. This was CK2 convert and this will hopefully fill my needs for WC. No cheating was done throught ck2->eu4

Those who make WC's even with Austria are truly patient people. With my pace I took out last country in 1780 and I had all of ck2 europe at start :D I can truly never make a wc the normal way. :(

Glory for Finland!!!

eu4_47.png

Nice. It does make a pleasing sight to have all of those islands under one rule, but definitely the most annoying to colonize and control, IMO.
I've seen that someone's planning to make a V2 converter for EU4. Can't wait to to continue the save there.

What was your actual nation? Before forming Malaya? I started as Brunei and in like 30-35 years I managed to form Malaya. It's really hard to diplomatically annex someone or get an Alliance since I'm the only Sunni nation in that area. And my actual plan was to build a Trade Empire, instead of becoming a major power. So I build a lot of building trying to improve Trade Value coming from Philippines and Australia. Didn't conquer India and Japan like you. I colonized a province in southern Africa with the intention of westernising but Spain didn't core it :/

What was your actual nation? Before forming Malaya? I started as Brunei and in like 30-35 years I managed to form Malaya. It's really hard to diplomatically annex someone or get an Alliance since I'm the only Sunni nation in that area. And my actual plan was to build a Trade Empire, instead of becoming a major power. So I build a lot of building trying to improve Trade Value coming from Philippines and Australia. Didn't conquer India and Japan like you. I colonized a province in southern Africa with the intention of westernising but Spain didn't core it :/

I started as Ayutthaya, integrated Khmer and then vassalized my neighbours. After that I conquered the Muslims and relocated my capital to Johor for a culture shift. After colonising the last required province I formed Malaya. I never really conquered India nor Japan. Both were PUs I just got early in the game. After integrating them I conquered a few of the Muslim minors in India.

Nice. It does make a pleasing sight to have all of those islands under one rule, but definitely the most annoying to colonize and control, IMO.

I'm glad I got them all before the Europeans could colonise there. They got a few isles before Madagasar and the Galapagos Isles, though.

sexz.png

All hail Ludwig of Wettin, Kaiser of Germany, Tsar of Russia, King of Poland, King of Sweden, King of France, Archduke of Austria and Duke of Brittany. Lord protector of Lithuania, Bosnia, Tuscany, Croatia, Luxembourg, Norway and Scotland.

Although the PU with Austria ended once before and I needed to force it back by war, due bad relations. France will go the same way I guess when Ludwig dies.

sexz.png

All hail Ludwig of Wettin, Kaiser of Germany, Tsar of Russia, King of Poland, King of Sweden, King of France, Archduke of Austria and Duke of Brittany. Lord protector of Lithuania, Bosnia, Tuscany, Croatia, Luxembourg, Norway and Scotland.

Although the PU with Austria ended once before and I needed to force it back by war, due bad relations. France will go the same way I guess when Ludwig dies.

Wow, nice. Who'd you start as?

2013-11-10_00002.jpg

My game as Aragon, second serious game so far. I have Castille under a personal union, but I'm not likely to inherit/integrate them, not really looking for that either. My goal is to become the dominant power in the Mediterranean, hence my random provinces in North Africa. Burgundy was a trustworthy ally in the beginning, they helped me get a foothold in France.

Finished the Mongol campaign I was showing off in the other topic:

J5orKXB.jpg

mrvnjPT.jpg

Didn't make it as far west as I would've wanted, but at least the borders are nice. Blobbomans (early PU with Crimea) and Russia were kicking my ass until the last 50 or so years, but I got my payback with interest in the end, utterly destroying their manpower pools in grand wars of attrition (horde ideas + aristocracy + offensive + quantity = ridiculous manpower).

t81pPYi.png

Rest of the world looks pretty awful at first, but there are some cool things like colonial revolters and a surviving Middle Kingdom. Hungary under PU with Russia, Austria (who were already once integrated by Spain) under Aragon and emperor is 3pm Wurttemberg. Ottomans were pushing much deeper into Russia until I managed to destroy them, they almost had Moscow surrounded and probably would've taken it without my interference...).

Oh, and Scotland survives in the colonies, with their capital in South America.