• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You should accept it. Binary is the language of our highborn computer masters. Only the lowborn appliances taint it's puritiy with digits of more than 0/1 and worse yet, letters.

Binary stronk, remove Base16.

Minor progress report: magic is turning out a bit more annoying than I thought, but I'm covering all bases. Let's see if we can crank out some of that sweet arcane sugar by Friday :laugh:

Minor progress report: magic is turning out a bit more annoying than I thought, but I'm covering all bases. Let's see if we can crank out some of that sweet arcane sugar by Friday :laugh:

Is the magic system at all in any way similar to what EK does? As in, via intrigue decisions and such? Cause thats gonna be a clusterfuck ;P

Is the magic system at all in any way similar to what EK does? As in, via intrigue decisions and such? Cause thats gonna be a clusterfuck ;P
Magic is indeed called through decisions, but that's just a method of access. Since magic in Erebos is more like playing Russian roulette than regular magic, most of it is in events as decisions are simply unwieldy and too simplistic for my borderline OCD tendencies my plans :laugh:

Delete "magic_events.txt" in Erebos\events, otherwise, you will get blank events!
J2nMdlK.png
So, we have made a new version of Erebos for October! Unfortunately, basic magic is not finished, so what was planned as the main feature of this update will be a part of the next.

Here's a changelog:
- Began work on the magic system (still buggy for now (as in fatally bugged) )
- Integrated Cultures and Portraits Revamp (optional download)
- Integrated Arko's Armoires
- Removed Pagan Reformations (for now)
- Fixed Subjugation CB (now actually usable)
- Added religious heads (ones which exist in vanilla)
- Added ports to certain key provinces
- Added several mercenary bands
- Slightly changed the map of northern Norway (Finnmark is now part of Finland, with no access from the west by land)

Downloads:
Erebos 0.1.2a: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9j3orzdtan5f4f/Erebos_(0.1.2a).rar
CPR for Erebos: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fwz3z5r85w0bioy/CPR+for+Erebos.rar

Attachments

• zoX0icY.png
    zoX0icY.png
    920,9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
#ohmy
Well, that is an unexpected development, especially due to the fact that that did not happen three days ago when I was testing it and testing it right now there are identical effects. I suggest people keep at 0.1.1b for now :confused:

Deleting "magic_events" in Erebos\events worked as a hotfix.

Any word on when we'll start getting magic?

EDIT: Noticed that 1) Many of the Byzantine (& many others) COAs are messed up, 2) Zurvanism has no holy sites (and I CTD'd within 10s of loading one).

That's the list for now.

EDIT: What's the difference between landed_titles and lantiaststasr?

Last edited:
Any word on when we'll start getting magic?

EDIT: Noticed that 1) Many of the Byzantine (& many others) COAs are messed up, 2) Zurvanism has no holy sites (and I CTD'd within 10s of loading one).

That's the list for now.

EDIT: What's the difference between landed_titles and lantiaststasr?
1) Many CoAs are screwed up since we don't have any flags set for most of them.
2) A lot of religions don't have Holy Sites, but I don't see a reason for the CTD to happen. Did you, perhaps, open the Religions tab?
3) Those .rar files are files that this idiot right here *points to self* forgot to delete before uploading. :D

1) Many CoAs are screwed up since we don't have any flags set for most of them.
2) A lot of religions don't have Holy Sites, but I don't see a reason for the CTD to happen. Did you, perhaps, open the Religions tab?
3) Those .rar files are files that this idiot right here *points to self* forgot to delete before uploading. :D

2) I did open the religion tab.
1) The mod doesn't have a flags folder in the gfx folder. If it did, then I might be able to put some together and sort out this madness.

2) I did open the religion tab.
1) The mod doesn't have a flags folder in the gfx folder. If it did, then I might be able to put some together and sort out this madness.
2) That's the problem. Any religion (atleast any one with the Holy Site version of the Religion interface) crashes if you open the Religion tab and don't have Holy Sites.
1) Well make one for yourself, duh. :p