• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(451865)

Private
2 Badges
Feb 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi I reinstalled crusader kings 2 a few days ago and downloaded a few mods but any mod I use seems to crash at startup.
This has not happened before, even mods I could use before I uninstalled the game a few months ago are crashing for no reason. I tested the same game files on a windows and the mods work fine, so it is something to do with the mac but I just cant figure out what the problem is, does this happen to anyone else on a mac?

There is indeed a bug currently that causes the Mac version of CK2 to crash when using mods, but you can fix it with a bit of work:

First, find the .mod file that comes with the mod you want to use and open it with TextEdit. You will see something like this:
Code:
name = "A Game of Thrones"
path = "mod/A Game of Thrones"
user_dir = "[COLOR="#FF8C00"]A Game of Thrones[/COLOR]"

The coloured text refers to the mod's user settings folder. Note that this is just an example, the actual name will differ depending on which mod you want to use. Copy this name.

Now go to your ~/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/ folder. Create a new folder here and name it exactly the same as the the name that you copied from your .mod file. The mod should now load correctly.